[1.9.x] Mouse Aim Flight (1.1.3) - Pilot airplanes with your mouse!

tetryds

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to disable MAF under certain circumstances? Because right now I can't rename any vessels using the letter P without activating MAF.  :/

Anyone else have this problem, or is it just me? I've clean installed with no other mods.

1.2.2, x64, Win10, Steam Streaming.

40 minutes ago, snotmaster said:

Is it possible to disable MAF under certain circumstances? Because right now I can't rename any vessels using the letter P without activating MAF.  :/

Anyone else have this problem, or is it just me? I've clean installed with no other mods.

1.2.2, x64, Win10, Steam Streaming.

I have this problem too. You need to write letter P two times and then delete one, to use it when renaming a vessel.

On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 3:21 PM, SlabGizor117 said:

Where did Bahamuto go?

He's moved onto bigger and better things .......

Spoiler

34 minutes ago, BlueDragon1504 said:

A BD mod ressurected from someone else then PapaJohn?! That's rare, But thanks. I needed this ;).

You can find links to BDA Continued family mods in the OP of the following thread: 

Yet another thank you out to tetryds and ferram4 for this mod...it filled an empty hole in my Kerbal experience meaning that using the keyboard for flight just does not feel right and configuring my joystick to do all I want it to do takes too long and I always end up tweaking it rather than playing.   This mod is simple, effective and most enjoyable.  Paired with the chase cam mod is pure win and Jeb Approved!

Edited by Red Stapler
I cant spell worth excrement

• 1 month later...

Hello, i found a bug.

When a Kerbal is unconscious when G-Force Limit is activated, the craft is still steerable. Besides that the mouse steering disables when you enter the pause menu and then continue playing.

Apart from this it is a good mod with a big potential to make airplanes a lot easier to fly.

1 hour ago, Smarti said:

Hello, i found a bug.

When a Kerbal is unconscious when G-Force Limit is activated, the craft is still steerable. Besides that the mouse steering disables when you enter the pause menu and then continue playing.

Apart from this it is a good mod with a big potential to make airplanes a lot easier to fly.

That is because the Kerbal is not piloting the aircraft, the "fly by wire" added by MAF is.

Will think about adding that as a little feature when I port it to a later version of KSP.

About closing when hitting the pause menu, that is a feature, the mouse can be anywhere after you unpause, which is dangerous.

You can engage conventional SAS before pausing to keep the aircraft steady.

One thing I have seen in another mod (Analog Control Continued) is that you have the option of locking the steering in place. since stock SAS doesn't work even halfway satisfyingly, having this option would be really great if you have to fix some options manually (such as various BDA options)

EDIT: Don't know if it's meant to work like that but when I am in normal flight, mouse flight active and then enter and exit the menu, the aim is often stuck where it was and only unlocks once I restart the mod (P&P :P) not always, but sometimes, thus I think it's only a glitch, but exactly what I looked for and found by accident :D

Edited by kendov

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 5:48 PM, MrZurkon said:

This will be perfect for dogfighting.

Yeah. It'll be easier for me to fly crafts now because I play War Thunder, which uses a mouse aim flight model, and I'm really good at that game. Can't wait to do aerobatics in my Aeris 3-A tripped out with rocket engines and SRBS.

@KerbalManiac I hope you do.

Just bear in mind that War Thunder physics is terribly wrong, even on realistic battles, and for the most part it is changed to behave better when piloting with your mouse.

Here you are dealing with a more realistic physics simulation, so it will not feel exactly the same, but the behavior of the flight was enhanced to be similarly responsive to that of War Thunder.

That is because the airplane cannot use the rudder as much, it has to be much more careful about roll rate and angle, and it also has to compensate for unbalances on pitch.

The major difference you will notice on KSP when moving to MAF is that your airplanes will fly a lot faster, because the mouse control saves much more energy than keyboard inputs.

As soon as it comes out, or if you have an earlier KSP version, I highly recommend using FAR. Just make sure that if you use an older version of KSP you get the right version of MAF, which lacks a few enhancements but works well too.

Edited by tetryds

1 hour ago, tetryds said:

@KerbalManiac I hope you do.

Just bear in mind that War Thunder physics is terribly wrong, even on realistic battles, and for the most part it is changed to behave better when piloting with your mouse.

Here you are dealing with a more realistic physics simulation, so it will not feel exactly the same, but the behavior of the flight was enhanced to be similarly responsive to that of War Thunder.

That is because the airplane cannot use the rudder as much, it has to be much more careful about roll rate and angle, and it also has to compensate for unbalances on pitch.

The major difference you will notice on KSP when moving to MAF is that your airplanes will fly a lot faster, because the mouse control saves much more energy than keyboard inputs.

As soon as it comes out, or if you have an earlier KSP version, I highly recommend using FAR. Just make sure that if you use an older version of KSP you get the right version of MAF, which lacks a few enhancements but works well too.

Okay. I've already got FAR in my game, and I'm gonna test out this mod as soon as I get home.

• 3 weeks later...

My lightweight fighters (and every plane in general) is suffering from MAF under damping the rolling to the point it would just make it worse and make it roll quicker back and forth

This problem also becomes worse at low altitudes so landing is nearly impossible because it would just slam its wing into the ground

Any ideas?

Edited by AwkwardNoah

• 4 weeks later...

@jrolson - I just tried it out on 1.3, and it appears to work just fine.  No issues, was able to fly normally in Normal, Agressive, and Cruise.  Pleasantly surprised, especially since I just finished building a flying aircraft carrier with the Heisenberg mod.

hello, when I press P MAF enabled shows up on the top and I can control it but there is now cursor and and GUI thing that was on the top right is also not there. Thank you in advance for the help and even making this mod in the first place!

8 hours ago, speel said:

hello, when I press P MAF enabled shows up on the top and I can control it but there is now cursor and and GUI thing that was on the top right is also not there. Thank you in advance for the help and even making this mod in the first place!

The post above yours reports the latest MAF version as working properly.

Try deleting your current mod folder and installing the latest version.

Edited by tetryds

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.