[1.9.x] Mouse Aim Flight (1.1.3) - Pilot airplanes with your mouse!

tetryds

On 5/2/2019 at 12:40 AM, Miracle Magician said:

However since my major isn't CS and I only learned a little programming by myself, so the modification is really sluggish and I don't think they are good enough to open a pull request on github. What should I do now?

Open a pull request on Github :D

Actually to make my version of code work I have to disable pitchYawOverrideMouseAim, making WS and QE keys unable to function, so I was wondering whether I should PR on github or not..

I have some idea about how to solve this, don't merge my PR and lemme do some extra coding... maybe I'll open a new PR a few days later

I did some changes to the code to make key control functions more like War Thunder, when pitch/yaw buttons get pressed, MAF will try to keep the plane stable, while maxing/minizing that axis (English is not my native language, so it's a little hard to express exactly what I mean...)

Edited by Miracle Magician

17 hours ago, Miracle Magician said:

I did some changes to the code to make key control functions more like War Thunder, when pitch/yaw buttons get pressed, MAF will try to keep the plane stable, while maxing/minizing that axis (English is not my native language, so it's a little hard to express exactly what I mean...)

I have reviewed your pull request, we can continue discussing over there :)

• 2 months later...

I'm addicted to this mod since it came out. It works just fine in KSP 1.7.1.

However, there is no target indicator and no 'mouse circle' in KSP 1.7.3. You are able to enable MAF and the aircrafts react like they should, but there's no visual display where the mouse and nose are pointing at.

EDIT: My mistake. Had MAF 1.1.1 installed, MAF 1.1.2 works just fine.

Edited by Mr.DingALing

Although it's a real treat to fly planes now, I noticed a little inconvenience. ;) If you want to switch Flight Mode (from normal to cruise for instance) the game freezes and makes a full stop. You can continue by hitting esc and resume game. This only happens the first time when switching modes.

After resuming the game MAF runs like a clockwork and you are good to go :prograde:

15 hours ago, Mr.DingALing said:

Although it's a real treat to fly planes now, I noticed a little inconvenience. ;) If you want to switch Flight Mode (from normal to cruise for instance) the game freezes and makes a full stop. You can continue by hitting esc and resume game. This only happens the first time when switching modes.

After resuming the game MAF runs like a clockwork and you are good to go :prograde:

That is so very weird, will look into that later, a recompile probably fixes it.

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2019 at 11:27 AM, Mr.DingALing said:

I'm addicted to this mod since it came out. It works just fine in KSP 1.7.1.

However, there is no target indicator and no 'mouse circle' in KSP 1.7.3. You are able to enable MAF and the aircrafts react like they should, but there's no visual display where the mouse and nose are pointing at.

EDIT: My mistake. Had MAF 1.1.1 installed, MAF 1.1.2 works just fine.

I have the same problem with 1.1.2. Fresh KSP install, no other mod. Only difference is that I've got the game installed over GOG rather than Steam now.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2019 at 9:49 AM, kspguy77 said:

How do i install this mod manually?

You download the code, set up your project references to the latest KSP install, recompile fix whatever dependency broke, throw the .dll somewhere on your GameData.

I was going to to this and update the mod but forgot.

Edited by tetryds

• 2 months later...
On 11/1/2019 at 1:58 AM, tetryds said:

You download the code, set up your project references to the latest KSP install, recompile fix whatever dependency broke, throw the .dll somewhere on your GameData.

I was going to to this and update the mod but forgot.

its been a while since i tried doing this fix stuff, could you just remind me where to find that stuff ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2020 at 11:42 AM, John007qwe said:

Hi.

I might be doing something wrong, but whenever I activate mouse aim, my planes get extremely wobbly.

I'm on 1.8.1

Example

MAF is not compatible with other control mods. Something else is overriding the controls and the control system is going nuts.

It is probably Atmosphere Autopilot. You should not be using both at the same time, and besides, they have different goals.

17 hours ago, tetryds said:

MAF is not compatible with other control mods. Something else is overriding the controls and the control system is going nuts.

It is probably Atmosphere Autopilot. You should not be using both at the same time, and besides, they have different goals.

Thanks.

I looked over the settings of AA and as it turns out, both mods were hotkeyed to activate with P. I changed AA do a different key. Guess what? It doesn't wobble anymore!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey tetryds,

first thanks for updating this mod, I really like and use it a lot.

Could you create an option to disable the roll with mouse control? I would like to have a mode with only yaw/pitch control and roll with keyboard input.

Edited by Space Scumbag

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 10:07 PM, Space Scumbag said:

Hey tetryds,

first thanks for updating this mod, I really like and use it a lot.

Could you create an option to disable the roll with mouse control? I would like to have a mode with only yaw/pitch control and roll with keyboard input.

Yes, it's already there, you can override roll controls by using the keyboard :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Back on KSP, still love this mod. It goes so well with NavHUD. I've found I can use it to steer vertically ascending rockets if I lock camera straight up. Got me thinking. If we had a 'ring' displayed around the craft's midpoint (90° of true facing), and once mouse orientated straight up we right-clicked view to horizon (leaving mouse reticle offscreen, which we know we can do), it would help both with vertical ascent/landing and as orientation assistance when mouse reticle leaves screen due to errant craft behaviour. Possible?

• 3 months later...

Lovely mod, though i have problems.

I do not understand how the .dll file work at all, and this is not the best solution to precision aerobatics that I do in KSP.  I would have to end up turning SAS on and off and mouse aim flight on and off, and it still is not so precise.

The idea with this is that since mouse aim flight is also binded to roll for all of its modes, it makes flying very interesting, when you try to use MAF for a long and precise knife edge of an inverted low pass or what. it isn't possible, because of the auto correction of the roll axis.

I have no idea how to make .dll files, maybe will learn that one day, but for now I would love to find a version /varient of this mod released for aerobatics and normal flight (3 extra modes, but none have roll autocorrection).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.