[1.1] KSP Logitech RGB Control [v1.0.1] [2016-22-04]

Kaeltis

KSP Logitech RGB Control
Allows Kerbal Space Program to modify the lighting on your Logitech RGB Keyboard (only tested with the Logitech G910).
Lights up your keyboard to make playing Kerbal Space Program a lot easier.

This is a fork of cguckes awesome ksp-chroma plugin - if you have a Razer keyboard, check it out: https://github.com/cguckes/ksp-chroma

The mod is still very beta, so let me know if you experience any difficulties when using it.

Features

• Function keys 1 to 0 are only lit, if the underlying action group actually does anything. The keys are displayed in two different colors, depending on whether the action group is toggled or not.
  • The keys for SAS, RCS, Gears, Lights and the Brakes are lit up in different colors, indicating if the respective system was activated or not.
  • The amount of resources in the current stage is displayed on your keypad and the keys to the left of it (PrtScr, ScrLk, ..., PageDown)
  • The color of W, A, S, D, E and Q varies slightly depending on whether you're in precision or normal steering mode
  • The keys for timewarp control are lit either red for physics timewarp or green for normal timewarp

Full list of game effects

• Stylized Kerbal Space Program logo on every scene that does not contain any noteworthy keyboard interaction (pressing Escape to go to the menu not being noteworthy enough to light up the key)
  • In the vessel editor, different kinds of keysets are lit up according to the current editor mode.
  • Control keys and toggleable function keys are lit up in different colors, showing whether the function is switched on or off during flight.
  • Reduced keyset lit for EVA mode
  • Resource gauges displayed on the keypad and the keys above the UpDownLeftRight keys.

Installation

1. Unzip the release archive and place the KSPLogiRGB folder in your KSP GameData directory.
  2. From either the lib32 or lib64 folder (depending on which KSP build you are using) copy the LogitechLedEnginesWrapper.dll file inside the GameRoot, where the KSP.exe and KSP_x64.exe are as well.
  3. Start KSP and witness the awesomeness of highlighted function keys while kerbaling through space

Changelog

v1.0.1 - Bugfix and added features from master
v1.0.0 - Initial Release

Download

https://github.com/Kaeltis/ksp-logirgb/releases

This mod includes version checking using MiniAVC. If you opt-in, it will use the internet to check whether there is a new version available. Data is only read from the internet and no personal information is sent. For a more comprehensive version checking experience, please download the KSP-AVC-Plugin.

All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.

Edited by Kaeltis

I have G19, and this doesn't seem to work, tested only 64bit version. Is there anything I can do to help you debug why? I've tried both installing from CKAN and from archive from github.

Software:

Logitech Gaming Software 8.82, KSP 1.1, Win10 64bit

Edited by LordYaar

11 hours ago, Kiro said:

This looks great. Too bad I bought the Corsair Gaming CGK65 RGB keyboard. No mod for that one yet :(

i also have a Corsair RGB keyboard, maybe the mod can be modularized to work with different brand of keyboards ?

2 hours ago, Vlyan said:

i also have a Corsair RGB keyboard, maybe the mod can be modularized to work with different brand of keyboards ?

I'm sure it can, this was forked from the Razor Chroma keyboard mod so I'm sure it can be done for the Corsair as well. Unfortunately, I do not have the skills to attempt that.

4 hours ago, HoveringKiller said:

Is it integrated with Arx software? Or does the KSP logo appear on screen? Sounds really cool, I'll give it a try as soon as I can!

The software is made to be easy to port to other RGB-Keyboards, so it currently does not use any "special features" like the display. Also, the official Logitech RGB library it uses also only supports controlling the key colors.

5 hours ago, Vlyan said:

The software is already very modular (thanks to the original author), so other keyboards and manufacturers can easily be integrated (like I did with logitech :)).

We could try to integrate those other keyboards ourselves, but we do not own any corsair RGB keyboard and also there does not seem to be any official library to control the key lighting, which makes that task nearly impossible :D, but you can fork the original repo (https://github.com/cguckes/ksp-chroma) and try yourself :)

On 4/26/2016 at 11:04 AM, Kaeltis said:

The software is made to be easy to port to other RGB-Keyboards, so it currently does not use any "special features" like the display. Also, the official Logitech RGB library it uses also only supports controlling the key colors.

The software is already very modular (thanks to the original author), so other keyboards and manufacturers can easily be integrated (like I did with logitech :)).

We could try to integrate those other keyboards ourselves, but we do not own any corsair RGB keyboard and also there does not seem to be any official library to control the key lighting, which makes that task nearly impossible :D, but you can fork the original repo (https://github.com/cguckes/ksp-chroma) and try yourself :)

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=149863 Perhaps this could be of help?

I have had no experience with object-oriented programming, let alone KSP modding, but I would be glad to help in any way possible. :) (I own a K70 RGB keyboard.)

On 28.4.2016 at 3:16 AM, Hactar said:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=149863 Perhaps this could be of help?

I have had no experience with object-oriented programming, let alone KSP modding, but I would be glad to help in any way possible. :) (I own a K70 RGB keyboard.)

Thanks, looks promising, however there is still no way for me to test that without owning one of those keyboards.

12 hours ago, TBryson2 said:

Tried it with a Logitech G110, nothing happened.  Wasn't sure what to expect, but saw no changes on the keyboard.

Oh well, I tried.

TB2

Yeah, It is currently set to only modify Logitech's full single-key RGB keyboards and not touch the others, sorry :(

Edited by Kaeltis

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It works with the latest 1.1.3 version but i am getting the error "please use version 1.1" on launch.

Additionally, since i use the german keyboard layout (QWERTZ) i remapped the Y-key to be full thrust. is there anyway to remap the lighting to this key? Remapping may be also applicable for AZERTY keyboard layouts

Edited by NG_Absalon

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.