Serious gamebreaking bug with modded KSP 1.1

as you can see, all of my RCS thrusters are on. I am not putting in any input (as you can also see) and when I do, nothing happens. I disable gravity, no movement. and though in this screenshot I have RCS active, when I disable RCS either via hotkey or the disable port, nothing happens.

on another note - I am sure this is from the same bug - no engines work. no exceptions.

some engines will have plumes on at all times (at a 90° angle to eachother, one facing the correct way) but nothing works. shortly after this screenshot I clicked EVA on the kerbal windows and they flew out (much to my amusement) but then found I couldn't even change vessel.

so in correction, no input, no exceptions

now, originaly, I thought this was RCSsounds, as I could hear sound. removing that mod did nothing. I then removed KSPI in case that caused it, no results. I have no idea what is causing this, could anyone give me any clues?
the mods I am using are:

Spoiler

chatterer

community resource pack & tech tree

contracts window +

contract parser

DSEV

DMagic Orbital Science

EVA manager

Firespitter + firespitter core + firespitter resource config

habtech

intersteller fuelswitch + IFS core

KIS & KAS

KerbalKonstruccts

Large Bouats Pack ( common, modern, WW")

MK2 Stockalike expansion

Modular Rocket Systems

ORIGAMI foldable antennas

Panzerlabs aerospace K-sat series

Rasterpropmonitor +RPM Core

RemoteTech

SpaceY Heavy Lifters & SpaceY Expanded

Throttle Controlled Avionics

Toadicus tools

Toolbar

top secret bases for KKonstruct

TweakableEverything

USI core, USI asteroid recycling tech, USI exploration pack, USI  freight transport tech, USI kolonization core, USI kolonization systems (MKS/OKS), USI tools

WASD camera continued

Wildblue tools

BDArmoury, CAL,BDA vessel switcher, MTW, NAS, NED Redux, North Kerbin Weaponry, OldSchoolTurrets, P.E.W, Aviator Arsenal

Prakasa Aeroworks

KSPInterstellar Extended

Part Wizard

No Offset Limits

Destruction Effects

CollisionFX

Extraplanetary Launchpads

PlanetaryBaseInc

20160423154225_1.jpg

Edited by -DW-Solaris
oh god, that plethora of typo's

okay, after 4 hours of testing (though I actually posted this an hour ago) I have located the problem.

unfortunately, it is either CollisionFX or destruction effects. two of my favourite mods. and one is not really the same without the other, so until someone updates them or I learn how to mod, I will have to do without.

:(

You're sure they're firing and don't just look like it?

RCSSounds causes a bug that makes rcs and co look like it fires all the time, it's a bug caused by module manager.

-- edit -- 

ah hmm rcssound removal didn't fix it

what version of module manager are you running? is there by chance a second RCSSounds caused by installing with ckann? (it might be hidden in gamedata folder which is hidden inside a mod)

Edited by lude

• 4 weeks later...

I have this bug too... continuous RCS animation, though there's no thrust being applied to the vessel by the RCS thrusters, nor am I using RCS keys. The RCS animations also show up in the VAB and SPH. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.