• Tweakscale mods
    • Adjustable landing gear
  2. 2. Mods for use

• Mechjeb
    • Tac fuel balancer
    • pilot assistant
    • docking port alignment mod (Navyfish)

Navball Docking Alignment Indicator

So simple, yet so wonderful. It goes way beyond my reach why Squad hasn't made this one stock as soon as they saw it. It fits the game so well.

KAC is another one that I think should go stock. Can you imagine all those people that never used it and can barely have two missions at a time? 

KER how are you supposed to go interplanetary without this one? I remember before I had 3 years ago I couldn't even reach the Mun.

These mods are vital and enhance the game beyond measure.

Also can't vote because my answer to part 2 is None of The Above - while I chose to use some item f this nature, I wouldn't make them stock.

For part 1, KAC is definite and some form of build aids (RCS and KER) are highly desirable.

On 24.4.2016 at 0:12 PM, Mare Veris said:

Definitely Kerbal Alarm Clock, I would say. Actually that one is the only one I use (or used before 1.1 :)).

And from the list, maybe, maybe Docking Port Alignment, but I haven't yet tried that one (and docked a few times).

There's a semi-working port of KAC available for 1.1, made by Fishbreath that you could use until the official version is released:

The file can be found here: https://github.com/jslater89/KerbalAlarmClock/releases

Back on topic:

I'd like to have stock dV readouts, as given by KER, but KER itself is imho a little bit too heavy. Personally I prefer VOID (which is using the vessel simulator code of KER). What I'd also like to see in stock would be KAC (obviously), and hopefully at some point aerodynamics that are on par with FAR.

While KER is good in all phases of the game (building, flying, etc) KAC allows for a highly parallelized style of missions during career gameplay.

Also, i'd like to see something more usefull in terms of contracts information during flight like ContractsWindow+. When doing multiple contracts at once it is hard to keep an overview with the stock contracts information.

For the most part I am not really in favour of mods being integrated as they are, most would need trimming down a bit to remove overly detailed stuff, leaving the mod itself to provide that extra layer for those that want it.

I think the 'essence' of KER is needed, some visuals like clouds (EVE) would be nice.  The only two I use that I think would be good pretty much as they are would be Kerbal Alarm Clock and Transfer Window Planner

There are a bunch that aren't listed in the poll:

• All Stock Bug Fixes
  • Better Burn Time (essentially another stock bug fix)
  • Kerbal Alarm Clock
  • FS or Interstellar Fuel Switch
  • Distant Object Enhancement
  • Raster Prop Monitor
  • Hotspot
  • KAS
  • KIS
  • Kerbal Konstructs
  • EVE
  • KSPX
  • Scatterer
  • Space-Y
  • Throttle Controlled Avionics
  • Vessel Mover

17 hours ago, slotter said:

Navball Docking Alignment Indicator

So simple, yet so wonderful. It goes way beyond my reach why Squad hasn't made this one stock as soon as they saw it. It fits the game so well.

KAC is another one that I think should go stock. Can you imagine all those people that never used it and can barely have two missions at a time? 

KER how are you supposed to go interplanetary without this one? I remember before I had 3 years ago I couldn't even reach the Mun.

These mods are vital and enhance the game beyond measure.

I used a webapp to calculated my departure dV and arrival dV as well as planetary alignment. It wasn't super hard to calculate the dV in an excel spreadsheet.

Agree 100% on Navball Docking Alignment even though I prefer the NavyFish version.

Raster Prop Monitor, KAS, and a few parts from Lithobrake Exploration that seem like they would be nice to have. Tweak Scale I kinda want to a degree, like some of the functionality and mechanics of it, along with one of those fuel tank editor mods so you can change a fuel tanks contents after you place it. Above all that I want an in game mod browser thing along the lines of Gmod but less of a fustercluck.

OPM... 

...Oh and Interstellar, Ferram Areospace, Scatterer as an option, Kerbin-side, and Dmagic and RemoteTech.

Edited by SAS123

I hope as few mods as possible are integrated into Stock so long as their respective authors are around to maintain them. Why would you want your favorite mod locked into a months-long dev cycle when you could have new versions every few days or weeks?? To be clear, I mean no offense to Squad - the timing of their dev cycle is necessitated by the amount of overall work they need to do to the entire game. That's understandable!

I think Tweakscale ruins the career/science mode, but would be fine for sandbox.

Infernal Robotics, KAC and DPAI would be the only mods on the list that could be added straight away, as they don't affect performance, would/could be balanced in career and aren't extremely game changing or OP.

On 24/04/2016 at 11:40 AM, rodrigoelp said:

In reality I would like to get planet shine... the game looks nicer with it.

It'd probably need to be configurable, I've heard it affects fps greatly. You could also say that lots of mods make the game prettier, but I don't want them to add EVE or scatter to the game :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.