1.1 64bit always crashing

Same issue here, except that it happens on the launchpad too. Can you guys please try to validate your files, because i did that and it said that 2 files are missing. After it downloaded these files i tried playing again, sadly it didn't work and crashed again. I tried to validate the files once more, this time it said that 1 file was missing. Waited again and after it finished i validated the files once more to be sure everything's there. After it finished it said that all files are validated, so i launched the game and it crashed, tried to validate again and i said 1 file was missing again. So long story short it seems to be stuck on 1 file that deletes itself i guess.

I'm getting same probs.  Same things as u guys in VAB as well as some weird stuff like scene switching and (strangely) when crossing into space.  Getting a straight crash to desktop (windows crash) with my output log telling me nothing useful at all

Crash!!!
SymInit: Symbol-SearchPath: '.;C:\Downloads\Software\KSP\ksp-win-1-1-0\KSP_win;C:\Downloads\Software\KSP\ksp-win-1-1-0\KSP_win;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;SRV*C:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;', symOptions: 530, UserName: 'Sara'
OS-Version: 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1) 0x300-0x1

Good times.  Can't wait for a fix.  It's pre Unity-5 x64 all over again.

KSP 1.1 64 is crashing on me randomly in the VAB after a couple of minutes

Unity Player [version: Unity 5.2.4f1_98095704e6fe]

KSP_x64.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module KSP_x64.exe at 0033:8ffa3fb7.

Error occurred at 2016-04-27_203900.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64.exe, run by van Swelm.
81% memory in use.
8147 MB physical memory [1533 MB free].
16339 MB paging file [7655 MB free].
134217728 MB user address space [134213050 MB free].
Read from location ffffffff caused an access violation.

Notice it tries to read from FFFFFFFFF which of course fails. Why does it do this?

Edited by FreeThinker

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

KSP 1.1 64 is crashing on me randomly in the VAB after a couple of minutes

Unity Player [version: Unity 5.2.4f1_98095704e6fe]

KSP_x64.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module KSP_x64.exe at 0033:8ffa3fb7.

Error occurred at 2016-04-27_203900.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64.exe, run by van Swelm.
81% memory in use.
8147 MB physical memory [1533 MB free].
16339 MB paging file [7655 MB free].
134217728 MB user address space [134213050 MB free].
Read from location ffffffff caused an access violation.

Notice it tries to read from FFFFFFFFF which of course fails. Why does it do this?

i don't have enough knowledge about pc ram locations :(

On 4/26/2016 at 5:43 PM, ibanix said:

I would follow the progress on the bugtracker, which is more likely to state when the issue gets fixed and how close to release it is.

It seems like an easy way to reduce the occurrence of this CTD is to make sure you ALWAYS ATTACH a surface-attach item, before picking a new item; don't leave surface attached items 'floating'.

I encountered this bug in the VAB the other night, found this thread and lurked through it. Crashed to desktop 3 times in a row building the same rocket. I dont know for sure, but i might have been peaving items floating and that may have caused it as said above. Since then i have not left items floating, and i have not experienced the crash. I am still saving my vessels every 30 seconds though.

I think when they release they have the fix ready. Saw Romfarer say:

• Status changed from Not Fixed to Ready to Test
  • % Done changed from 50 to 80

Added a fix for yet another crash theory.

Hopefully it'll come out tomorrow !!! Have been dying to play KSP

On 4/24/2016 at 5:08 PM, seeingeyegod said:

I realized mine was crashing on launch with EVE because I forgot to remove force-d3d11 in steam launch options.

Im gettgin some crashes on launch as well. What's all this about removing force-d3d11 in steam?? Did you remove it and did it fix the issue?

Thanks!

CM

I was getting constant crashes with KSP1.1 after a completely clean install with minimal [updated] mods.
Turned out the desktop shortcut was pointing to ksp.exe not KSP_x64.exe
Not a crash since and impressive framerates now.

Edited by ve7oko

Just now, ve7oko said:

I was getting constant crashes with KSP1.1 after a completely clean install with minimal [updated] mods.
Turned out the desktop shortcut was pointing to ksp.exe not KSP_x64.exe
Not a crash since and impressive framerates now.

Are you able to launch vehicles? That's my problem. Anything I try to get to the launch pad doesn't work. It fails to properly load and then somehow sends it into orbit around the sun instantly. I know my game is running in 64 bit cause it says so in the bottom right corner of the screen. 

I highly doubt it. I'm running 1.1.1 right now. Same **** different build number.

My last but was a bit weird, though. Same conditions as my 3 previous CTD's (trying to place radially-attached objects in symmetry in the VAB), only this time instead of freezing or crashing, it basically wouldn't let me click anything. The UI WAS detecting my mouse clicks, since I could see it flash when I clicked, but trying to add anything to the VAB from the part menu, or trying to place the parts I've already added anywhere on the rocket, did absolutely nothing. Same for trying to save/load/exit the VAB - it would pull up the confirmation prompt, but clicking "save and continue" or "don't save" did nothing (although "cancel" did get rid of the prompt). Which left me stuck in the VAB unable to do anything, not even close the game properly. I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del and end the program from Task Manager, which in my viewpoint pretty much qualifies as a CTD even if the crashing was intentional.

Given the general instability of 1.1 and so on, I'm legitimately surprised Windows hasn't just straight-up BSOD'ed on me. Thought I was finally going to get a chance to play a decently-stable build of the so-called "Turbo Charged" KSP - serves me right for getting my hopes up. I'll be back in about a ****ing month to see if things have improved, assuming I return at all. It's a shame really - Squad had a really good thing going here. I doubt there will ever be a game that can match KSP's unique enjoyability - but like many games that could have been something, it's cursed with a lack of competent development and poor project decisions.

1 hour ago, Auriga_Nexus said:

I highly doubt it. I'm running 1.1.1 right now. Same **** different build number.

My last but was a bit weird, though. Same conditions as my 3 previous CTD's (trying to place radially-attached objects in symmetry in the VAB), only this time instead of freezing or crashing, it basically wouldn't let me click anything. The UI WAS detecting my mouse clicks, since I could see it flash when I clicked, but trying to add anything to the VAB from the part menu, or trying to place the parts I've already added anywhere on the rocket, did absolutely nothing. Same for trying to save/load/exit the VAB - it would pull up the confirmation prompt, but clicking "save and continue" or "don't save" did nothing (although "cancel" did get rid of the prompt). Which left me stuck in the VAB unable to do anything, not even close the game properly. I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del and end the program from Task Manager, which in my viewpoint pretty much qualifies as a CTD even if the crashing was intentional.

Given the general instability of 1.1 and so on, I'm legitimately surprised Windows hasn't just straight-up BSOD'ed on me. Thought I was finally going to get a chance to play a decently-stable build of the so-called "Turbo Charged" KSP - serves me right for getting my hopes up. I'll be back in about a ****ing month to see if things have improved, assuming I return at all. It's a shame really - Squad had a really good thing going here. I doubt there will ever be a game that can match KSP's unique enjoyability - but like many games that could have been something, it's cursed with a lack of competent development and poor project decisions.

I've experienced both of those bugs as well; the weird clicking parts not doing anything, and the inability to leave the VAB (and other places like TC or R&D).

It's such a shame, because as little time as I've had with 1.1, I already really don't want to have to settle for 1.0.5 now. But on the other hand, I consider 1.1 to be utterly unplayable...I experience crashes in the VAB that don't even produce a crash report, I somewhat frequently lose the ability to click parts and basically use the VAB for up to a minute at a time, and I also experience crashes in flight for a still unidentified reason.

1.0.5 however is stable as a rock and I've never had a problem. I really hope Squad is able to get 1.1 to work like 1.0.5 does at some point. If they can't, I wasted my money on a game I can't play.

Edited by KocLobster

7 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Are you able to launch vehicles? That's my problem. Anything I try to get to the launch pad doesn't work. It fails to properly load and then somehow sends it into orbit around the sun instantly. I know my game is running in 64 bit cause it says so in the bottom right corner of the screen. 

Sorry if I missed you saying before, but are you running mods? If so did you uninstall the old mods from 1.05 first? Have you tried deleting everything and reinstalling already?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.