1.1 64bit always crashing

8 minutes ago, seeingeyegod said:

Sorry if I missed you saying before, but are you running mods? If so did you uninstall the old mods from 1.05 first? Have you tried deleting everything and reinstalling already?

When 1.1 came out, I literally took my mods folder and tossed everything out (save the Squad folder, of course). I then proceeded to meticulously re-downloaded all mods making sure that they were 1.1 compatible. The ones that were not I waited until they were before I downloaded them. So I know for a fact that every mod I have, all 62 of em, are 1.1 64bit compatible. Well... there are 2 or 3 that are not, but I know they are not the cause because I tried removing them and then trying to launch something and, crash! So... I know the problem is not 1.1 compatibility. 

The one thing I havent yet done is performing a fresh install of KSP. That's going to be my next step, I believe. 

CM

2 hours ago, Auriga_Nexus said:

I highly doubt it. I'm running 1.1.1 right now. Same **** different build number.

My last but was a bit weird, though. Same conditions as my 3 previous CTD's (trying to place radially-attached objects in symmetry in the VAB), only this time instead of freezing or crashing, it basically wouldn't let me click anything. The UI WAS detecting my mouse clicks, since I could see it flash when I clicked, but trying to add anything to the VAB from the part menu, or trying to place the parts I've already added anywhere on the rocket, did absolutely nothing. Same for trying to save/load/exit the VAB - it would pull up the confirmation prompt, but clicking "save and continue" or "don't save" did nothing (although "cancel" did get rid of the prompt). Which left me stuck in the VAB unable to do anything, not even close the game properly. I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del and end the program from Task Manager, which in my viewpoint pretty much qualifies as a CTD even if the crashing was intentional.

Given the general instability of 1.1 and so on, I'm legitimately surprised Windows hasn't just straight-up BSOD'ed on me. Thought I was finally going to get a chance to play a decently-stable build of the so-called "Turbo Charged" KSP - serves me right for getting my hopes up. I'll be back in about a ****ing month to see if things have improved, assuming I return at all. It's a shame really - Squad had a really good thing going here. I doubt there will ever be a game that can match KSP's unique enjoyability - but like many games that could have been something, it's cursed with a lack of competent development and poor project decisions.

It is frustrating, but I wouldnt get so worked up about it. Squad already came out with a big patch (1.1.1) only one week after the 1.1 launch. Who knows, we may see another patch in a week fixing even more issues. The move from 1.0.5 to 1.1 was a big one, so we should expect some teething pains. But yeah, its super frustrating in the mean time, 

CM

1 hour ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

When 1.1 came out, I literally took my mods folder and tossed everything out (save the Squad folder, of course). I then proceeded to meticulously re-downloaded all mods making sure that they were 1.1 compatible. The ones that were not I waited until they were before I downloaded them. So I know for a fact that every mod I have, all 62 of em, are 1.1 64bit compatible. Well... there are 2 or 3 that are not, but I know they are not the cause because I tried removing them and then trying to launch something and, crash! So... I know the problem is not 1.1 compatibility. 

The one thing I havent yet done is performing a fresh install of KSP. That's going to be my next step, I believe. 

CM

It is frustrating, but I wouldnt get so worked up about it. Squad already came out with a big patch (1.1.1) only one week after the 1.1 launch. Who knows, we may see another patch in a week fixing even more issues. The move from 1.0.5 to 1.1 was a big one, so we should expect some teething pains. But yeah, its super frustrating in the mean time, 

CM

It's hard for me to not get worked up when I just started a brand new ship, on a brand new save, on a brand new, fresh install of KSP with NO mods, and I CTD after 2 minutes in the VAB before I can even finish my launch vehicle, let alone start on booster stages. This game is broken. I'm un-installing it and leaving the forums - I'll be back for the next update, but only to test it and determine whether it's bug-free enough for me to even bother trying to play. In the meantime, other games call to my interest.

@Auriga_Nexus

I feel your pain and understand your frustration. I experience similar emotions with 1.1. However, I am far too addicted with KSP to uninstall it or give up; I can just revert back to my 1.0.5 install that is rock solid on a not-so-great laptop and have no problems. In the meantime, when we finally arrive at 1.1.5, or wherever we end up landing when all these major bugs get fixed, it will be very simple to just transfer my save over to 1.1 and resume playing.

After seeing 1.1 and experiencing it briefly, I definitely am not happy with having to go back to 1.0.5 because it looks amazing, but it's the only viable option that makes sense to me, short of quitting (which makes none).

32 minutes ago, eroglu994 said:

SAME ISSUE CONTINUES ON 1.1.1 PATCH

Im finding this really strange how most people are experiencing this issue of the game crashing after 3-4 mins of VAB time, whereas I havent experienced this at all. In fact I can stay in the VAB for a good 30 mins of doing nothing and its fine, although it does crash if I stay too long. The one thing I HAVE been experiencing is this hard crash to desktop if I try to load/launch a rocket. I havent been able to find any other people who've experienced this, so Im not even sure where to go from here...

CM

As usual, if you want to get the issue fixed, help out:

1) Find steps that always cause the crash; every time. Reproduction is highly useful. 

Note: "Crashes whenever I'm in the VAB" or "After 3-4 minutes" are not useful. You want actual steps that work every time.

2) Submit log files and reproduction steps: http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/8241

3) If you know how, run a debug trace on the dump files, and submit that, too.

On 25/04/2016 at 1:54 AM, eroglu994 said:

Guys, i tested this problem with fresh downloaded and unmodded KSP. The problem still continues. I recorded a video and made a GIF from it, so you can see what i see. I think the problem is our hardware, because of huge FPS drop when i change attachment node. Somehow it drags the hardware beyond its limit. Could you please list your important hardwares so we can learn that problem is our hardwares.(I wrote my system to my first post)

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT1XGI3aeYSy1wMnQI/giphy.gif 

I have had to underclock my gfx card to stop the VAB from causing my screen to turn pink (sometimes yellow) and crashing the entire machine. I can stress test it all day but KSP crashes it in about 5 minutes just looking at the VAB unless I underclock my card.

EDIT :

18 minutes ago, ibanix said:

Note: "Crashes whenever I'm in the VAB" or "After 3-4 minutes" are not useful. You want actual steps that work every time.

Those *are* the steps for me :

load game, enter VAB, do nothing, wait 5 minutes, crash.

load game, enter VAB, do anything, crash after 5 minutes

when I underclock my card :

load game, do anything, no crash.

Edited by John FX

11 hours ago, Auriga_Nexus said:

Fair enough. 1.0.5 still lags like hell but at least I can get stuff done there, thanks. Now at least I can try out some new ideas so that when 1.1 finally gets fixed I'll be ready

No worries. That's my approach until SQUAD gets things functional again. Sucks, and I know how frustrating these issues can be, but I'd rather have 1.0.5 than nothing. I'm that addicted to this game. :)

I'm not having crashing issues myself. The problem I AM having is that when I load a rocket for launch the game will basically freeze up. The time reads something like year 99 and no ship materializes on the pad for launch. I can click any button, but the keyboard does nothing, thus I cannot escape to the main menu. It will basically sit like that forever using up my PCs CPU. It's weird.

2 hours ago, captainradish said:

I'm not having crashing issues myself. The problem I AM having is that when I load a rocket for launch the game will basically freeze up. The time reads something like year 99 and no ship materializes on the pad for launch. I can click any button, but the keyboard does nothing, thus I cannot escape to the main menu. It will basically sit like that forever using up my PCs CPU. It's weird.

Holy sh*t, that's pretty much what I have too! I think you're the first person I find that has that issue as well. Here's the breakdown of my situation (and apparently, yours also...):

I'm running a fairly modded version of KSP 1.1. All mods are the respective latest KSP 1.1 compatible versions. What works ok:

- VAB/SPH (I can load, modify, create new ships, see all modded components that were added, all mod functionality is nominal...)
 - Tracking Station (I can see all ships ok, new planets from ESO are good, I can go to and fly all ships, new KSP functionality is nominal...)
 - I can access all buildings at the KSC without any issues
 - I can load any saved files ok

This is the problem I am encountering. Once I load a ship to go to the launch pad, the initial loading screen is as its always been. But once the ship gets loaded onto the launch pad at KSC, the screen goes dark and I only have very limited functionality. The game then proceeds to hard crash to desktop if I try to do anything from returning to launch, to VAB or to KSC. 

Screenshot of the issue:
http://imgur.com/Z0usdh2
http://imgur.com/vW7ygH1

Here is the complete list of mods I was running (minus TAC Life Support for 1.1, Axial Aerospace and FASA. Those were NOT there when the issue occurred):

http://imgur.com/b6RC884
http://imgur.com/w558a3S

The game is launching from its 64 bit version, so I know that is not the issue. I'm using Windows 10 64bit OS.

The really weird thing that I did notice when trying to debunk this is that the ship seems to get instawarped into a solar orbit into deep space or something weird like that. I was able to (somehow) recover one ship and I got science for having retrieved a ship from solar orbit, or something like that... Here's the screenshot for it (this happens when I reload the game and try to launch another ship, at which point I have to clear the launch pad, and it gives me this):

http://imgur.com/CyWSTe3

Really unsure what is causing this but, as you can imagine, this is a pretty bad issue. I cant launch anything at the moment. I can only play with what has already been launched. 

Thanks for any help! I really need it!

CM

3 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Holy sh*t, that's pretty much what I have too! I think you're the first person I find that has that issue as well. Here's the breakdown of my situation (and apparently, yours also...):

I'm running a fairly modded version of KSP 1.1. All mods are the respective latest KSP 1.1 compatible versions. What works ok:

- VAB/SPH (I can load, modify, create new ships, see all modded components that were added, all mod functionality is nominal...)
 - Tracking Station (I can see all ships ok, new planets from ESO are good, I can go to and fly all ships, new KSP functionality is nominal...)
 - I can access all buildings at the KSC without any issues
 - I can load any saved files ok

This is the problem I am encountering. Once I load a ship to go to the launch pad, the initial loading screen is as its always been. But once the ship gets loaded onto the launch pad at KSC, the screen goes dark and I only have very limited functionality. The game then proceeds to hard crash to desktop if I try to do anything from returning to launch, to VAB or to KSC. 

Screenshot of the issue:
http://imgur.com/Z0usdh2
http://imgur.com/vW7ygH1

Here is the complete list of mods I was running (minus TAC Life Support for 1.1, Axial Aerospace and FASA. Those were NOT there when the issue occurred):

http://imgur.com/b6RC884
http://imgur.com/w558a3S

The game is launching from its 64 bit version, so I know that is not the issue. I'm using Windows 10 64bit OS.

The really weird thing that I did notice when trying to debunk this is that the ship seems to get instawarped into a solar orbit into deep space or something weird like that. I was able to (somehow) recover one ship and I got science for having retrieved a ship from solar orbit, or something like that... Here's the screenshot for it (this happens when I reload the game and try to launch another ship, at which point I have to clear the launch pad, and it gives me this):

http://imgur.com/CyWSTe3

Really unsure what is causing this but, as you can imagine, this is a pretty bad issue. I cant launch anything at the moment. I can only play with what has already been launched. 

Thanks for any help! I really need it!

CM

I highly suspect it's either some kind of mod issue or a side-effect of running the RAM too high. It doesn't happen to me every time and it seems to change depending on what mods I do or do not have installed.

5 hours ago, captainradish said:

I'm not having crashing issues myself. The problem I AM having is that when I load a rocket for launch the game will basically freeze up. The time reads something like year 99 and no ship materializes on the pad for launch. I can click any button, but the keyboard does nothing, thus I cannot escape to the main menu. It will basically sit like that forever using up my PCs CPU. It's

2 hours ago, captainradish said:

I highly suspect it's either some kind of mod issue or a side-effect of running the RAM too high. It doesn't happen to me every time and it seems to change depending on what mods I do or do not have installed.

I doubt (at least, in my case) that the RAM is the issue. 64bit KSP took care of that problem. Ive got 16GB on my PC, I checked the Task Manager during all of this to see if the RAM every spike to some ridiculous amount, which it never did. In fact, it never broke the 5GB RAM use.

CM

Edited by Calvin_Maclure

1.1.2 keeps crashing with or without mods every now and then (sometimes after hours, sometimes within the first few minutes) but always only exact in the moment when i detach parts in the VAB or while staging in flight (it is maybe a multithreading - thing - problem?)

completely fresh installed ksp1.1.2, 64bit, windows10

nvidia graphic, actual drivers

intel i3

no sfc /scannow errors

Yup, 1.1.2 didn't fix it for me either, mods or not, 32 or 64. And the squad team is on holiday now... Maybe they should have had some rest before releasing 1.1 , I fear it's gonna ruin their vacation...

I suppose it's illegal for anyone to redistribute version1.0.5? 'Cause I'd kill for one right now (and I'd kill myself for not making a backup >.<)

From the output_log.txt :

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

Crash!!!

It seems the cause is a bug in the Unity 5 engine, where the engine spams this file (?) for updating the craft, causing it to get an access violation.

Oh yeah, the reason you do not get the dump file is because when outputting the stack trace, the engine crashed because of the access violation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.