1.1 64bit always crashing

Started to frequently crash (since 1.1.2) here as well. With and without mods. Either after deploying parachutes or solar cell arrays, or just while in the SPH or on the launchpad. Up comes a small window with an access violation ("Write to location 400d2a48 caused an access violation."), sometimes I get a crash report ("KSP_x64.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)  in module KSP_x64.exe at 0033:3ff3db12"). Thanks for all the work.

Edit: Looks like Calvin Maclure`s.

Edited by cptcaptain
Edited for reason

On 6.5.2016 at 7:52 PM, elstak said:

Same crash at 1.1.2 unmodded. Frequency of crashes increased in a advanced carrer mode to build big rockets in VAB, this issue starts to make my KSP unplayable.
I hope it is solved soon.

exactly the same here. just unplayable

1 hour ago, eroglu994 said:

Guys, do you have any news about the problem?

The devs are currently on a two week break after the release crunch so you shouldn't expect to hear any news for at least another week, and given the random nature of the problems, it is likely to take a few days for them to make any significant progress on it...

1 hour ago, Padishar said:

The devs are currently on a two week break after the release crunch so you shouldn't expect to hear any news for at least another week, and given the random nature of the problems, it is likely to take a few days for them to make any significant progress on it...

Thank you for the information. I hope they fix the problem after the break

guys, i found a possible fix after trying all of things to make my ksp playable (it works for me), just deselect "PPFX" from setings->graphics at main menu. Tell me if it fix works for u or was accidental (magical fix maybe)

1 hour ago, elstak said:

guys, i found a possible fix after trying all of things to make my ksp playable (it works for me), just deselect "PPFX" from setings->graphics at main menu. Tell me if it fix works for u or was accidental (magical fix maybe)

You may have stated this before but, what issue exactly were you having that you believe this fix may correct?

CM

Just now, elstak said:

exactly this https://media.giphy.com/media/xT1XGI3aeYSy1wMnQI/giphy.gif (from autor of post)
KSP crash without error in VAB

Hmm... The issue Im having is when I try to launch, the game doesnt crash, but freezes up and completely fails to load the rocket on the launch pad. If I try to revert back to the VAB, I get a virtual function call error and CTD. 

CM

14 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Hmm... The issue Im having is when I try to launch, the game doesnt crash, but freezes up and completely fails to load the rocket on the launch pad. If I try to revert back to the VAB, I get a virtual function call error and CTD. 

CM

Idk, try to select/deselect all options in settings, update graphic card drivers, reinstall ksp, try your ksp in other computer... It works for me.

1 hour ago, NateDaBeast said:

I'm not getting any crashes really anymore but the VAB becomes very laggy sometimes when removing, placing or moving parts around.

My computer is also "screaming" constantly when playing KSP.

Thanks SQUAD Devs :)

did u do anything? i still have crashes, with mods. i have the same problem (or atleast, very similiar problem) as everyone else in this topic does, ill try some things and see if i can fix it. 

32 minutes ago, 123nick said:

did u do anything? i still have crashes, with mods. i have the same problem (or atleast, very similiar problem) as everyone else in this topic does, ill try some things and see if i can fix it. 

I think my computer just got used to the over usage of resources lol

I took out some mods I don't always use and now keep around 30 mods running. Which is sad because I ran about the same before or more on 1.0.5 and didn't receive any crashes. Was told we should be able to run even more mods. Now I run less than before.

Just now, NateDaBeast said:

I think my computer just got used to the over usage of resources lol

I took out some mods I don't always use and now keep around 30 mods running. Which is sad because I ran about the same before or more on 1.0.5 and didn't receive any crashes. Was told we should be able to run even more mods. Now I run less than before.

odd, well ok. i tried disabling ppx edge highlighting and seeing if that helps stop the crashes, although i havent been running ksp for too long.

welp, i still have crashes though its mainly when im dragging parts into the part menue too delete them, or grabbing parts from the part menu, or when im moving my mouse cursor over the parts menue on the left.

Edited by 123nick

man, this bug is making KSP almost unplayable. i mean, if there was a way of getting it fixed id love too know. i think it has something too do with the scroll bar instead of seperate part pages.

also, i seem too get little to none crashes when in the SPH, this seems like sorta a VAB only thing, atleast, for me.

Edited by 123nick

1 minute ago, 123nick said:

man, this bug is making KSP almost unplayable. i mean, if there was a way of getting it fixed id love too know. i think it has something too do with the scroll bar instead of seperate part pages.

I used to have a bug with the 1.1.0 upgrade of KSP (which persisted up to 1.1.2) that caused my game to crash (Pure Virtual Function call) whenever I tried to launch anything. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and now, all is well! Dont know if you've tried this or not, but if so, I would recommend that you start there. Im sure you've probably already tried that but, thought Id suggest it just in case. Also, make sure your mods are all up to date... the usual. 

CM

11 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

I used to have a bug with the 1.1.0 upgrade of KSP (which persisted up to 1.1.2) that caused my game to crash (Pure Virtual Function call) whenever I tried to launch anything. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and now, all is well! Dont know if you've tried this or not, but if so, I would recommend that you start there. Im sure you've probably already tried that but, thought Id suggest it just in case. Also, make sure your mods are all up to date... the usual. 

CM

alright, ill try that

welp, i tried it, and it didnt work. would running ksp in compatability mode help? with admin rights? 

Edited by 123nick

For me when it happens, it's mostly when I dump a part back into the part tray to delete it, then it just freezes and I need to force quit. Before I started this post, it was always when deleting parts, but just now it also crashed when picking a part up...

I get the usual "(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)" every other line in the unity player log, and when it crashes:

Receiving unhandled NULL exception
Obtained 10 stack frames.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.