1.1 64bit always crashing

23 minutes ago, Rodger said:

For me when it happens, it's mostly when I dump a part back into the part tray to delete it, then it just freezes and I need to force quit. Before I started this post, it was always when deleting parts, but just now it also crashed when picking a part up...

I get the usual "(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)" every other line in the unity player log, and when it crashes:

Receiving unhandled NULL exception
Obtained 10 stack frames.

If you havent tried deleting the game and reinstalling it for a fresh install, that should be your first course of action. I did it and its been running super well since. 

CM

21 minutes ago, Rodger said:

Tried that, deleted local content in steam, and re-installed, but it's still happening. :(

After doing the "delete local content" you should also go to the folder and remove all trace of the "Kerbal Space Program" folder because Steam will leave behind any files that it didn't originally put there.

Well I've tried that too, though I just replaced all my mods from GameData, and it happens still. If it helps I've uploaded my KSP and unity player logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zzc5ltrezk130nb/KSP.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/huf5r5cigrzyrv4/Player.txt?dl=0

I did try it vanilla too, after the re-install, and couldn't get it to crash, but it's not a crash I can re-produce on demand anyway, so don't know if I was just lucky, or if it is because of my modded install.

Edited by Rodger

I was having this problem. It seemed to intensify out of nowhere. There hadn't been many mod updates recently so I hadn't been changing much in GameData. One day I was getting maybe an hour between crashes and then the next I started hardly being able to open a ship in the VAB before being kicked.

I had a peek through my output.log and noticed "steam" popped up a few times. I normally dont have steam open whilst playing, you know, to save RAM, so I started to run KSP from steam. Crash incidence has dropped through the floor.

I don't know if it was steam, or if it was random fluctuation or what. Its very hard to tell with >100 mods.

But in case it helps even 1 person with bad crashes....it might be worth trying one more time if you've tried everything else.

Thread I posted on it earlier:

4 hours ago, eroglu994 said:

Installed Windows 10 pro 64x , i still have the problem (was windows 7). ARE SQUAD TEAM IS SLEEPING? i can't play the game for 3 months

How about you stop shouting, tone back the attitude in your posts and go and read the last two devnotes which make it very clear that they aren't sleeping...

7 hours ago, Padishar said:

How about you stop shouting, tone back the attitude in your posts and go and read the last two devnotes which make it very clear that they aren't sleeping...

3 months past and they do nothing about the problem. so YES i can say that they are sleeping.

Just now, eroglu994 said:

3 months past and they do nothing about the problem. so YES i can say that they are sleeping.

Bro, they're not sleeping. I dont mean this with any disrespect, but you dont seem to have any appreciation for the level of difficulty required to do what needs to be done. They have to troubleshoot to find the source of the errors, come up with several possible fixes, evaluate the pros and cons of each option, find out which is best, implement said solution, test for functionality and then do this for every known issue. Take it from somebody who has an engineering background, this stuff can take a lot of time. Often, a simple tweak can affect a large body of items subsequently and have huge implications. Sometimes, not. If they want to do this right, I prefer they take their time and get it right. You're not there in the office with them, you dont know what they're up to. Its very easy for an outsider to poodle and complain, but building and fixing games like these requires a lot of time and effort. Yes its frustrating, but you dont know what they're doing, you're just venting and doing it in a disrespectful and inappropriate manner, imo. KSP has consistently improved over time. Yes there are still some lingering issues and I get mad too when I play over certain things. But you cant just go off on an uneducated rant like that. It certainly is no motivation for them to continue their hard work. 

CM

2 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Bro, they're not sleeping. I dont mean this with any disrespect, but you dont seem to have any appreciation for the level of difficulty required to do what needs to be done. They have to troubleshoot to find the source of the errors, come up with several possible fixes, evaluate the pros and cons of each option, find out which is best, implement said solution, test for functionality and then do this for every known issue. Take it from somebody who has an engineering background, this stuff can take a lot of time. Often, a simple tweak can affect a large body of items subsequently and have huge implications. Sometimes, not. If they want to do this right, I prefer they take their time and get it right. You're not there in the office with them, you dont know what they're up to. Its very easy for an outsider to poodle and complain, but building and fixing games like these requires a lot of time and effort. Yes its frustrating, but you dont know what they're doing, you're just venting and doing it in a disrespectful and inappropriate manner, imo. KSP has consistently improved over time. Yes there are still some lingering issues and I get mad too when I play over certain things. But you cant just go off on an uneducated rant like that. It certainly is no motivation for them to continue their hard work. 

CM

i am computer engineer so i know this is a difficult proccess but 3 months seems too much for me. I can say that because i never waited a "fix patch" for 3 months in other games. I maybe getting angry on my last posts, sorry for that also

30 minutes ago, eroglu994 said:

i am computer engineer so i know this is a difficult proccess but 3 months seems too much for me. I can say that because i never waited a "fix patch" for 3 months in other games. I maybe getting angry on my last posts, sorry for that also

Something else to consider is I dont know how large Squad is. They dont have the manpower of something like Dice or EA or whatever. Also, Im not sure what you're referring to when you say the last patch was 3 months ago. KSP 1.1 was released on April 19th, 1.1.1 on the 29th and 1.1.2 on the 30th of April. 3 months would take us to the end of July. Plus, they had a 3 week vacation break during May. 

CM

Edited by Calvin_Maclure

I've the same problem...

My game crashes whenever I enter the VAB for the second time...

My solution was (by looking at the crash report in my KSP folder) that my Memory was running out!

Maybe the problem is that you have not enough RAM????

1 hour ago, Matthiaan said:

I've the same problem...

My game crashes whenever I enter the VAB for the second time...

My solution was (by looking at the crash report in my KSP folder) that my Memory was running out!

Maybe the problem is that you have not enough RAM????

Run KSP with your Task Manager up so that you can see it (if you have two screens, this will be easy). Check and make sure that you're running KSP in 64 bit (first opening menu screen will show you the game version. If you are indeed running 64 bit, you will see a ''x64'' at the end). 32 bit KSP has 3.2 GB memory limit. 64 bit KSP is pretty much limitless, up to you RAM limit. 

Cheers, 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just tried 1.1.3, after spending a while updating mods, and excited to get back to playing KSP! Go into the VAB on my main save, start building a new probe, delete a part, and crash again :(

New set of logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yitc0bnxcj3e4u8/KSP113.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sv8jjvrxyrq3sks/Player113.log?dl=0

For the above logs, I loaded my main save, went to VAB, selected a mk1 pod, then just spam clicked on a cubic strut part to repeatedly pick one up and delete it, until I crashed, which took about 15 seconds. (ground crew is disabled, level 3 VAB)

So, can anyone else confirm this still happens in 1.1.3?

Edited by Rodger

I've just about ready to give up on KSP at this rate... Just tried another re-install, disabling all kinds of mods I play with, and still the crashes happen. Is there anyone with any ideas as to what's happening or how to fix it??

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting crashes that may be similar to this one in 1.1.3, The game only wants to crash in the VAB/SPH and never crashes outside of that, also as soon as it crashes and I validate my files it says there are 2 missing every time it crashes.

• 4 weeks later...

I have constant, unprompted crashes, also.
Most of the time while I'm fiddling about in the VAB.
But quite often, I'll start the program, and while the long loading process rumbles along, do something else for a few minutes. Then I look at the taskbar and there's an "Ooops" task next to KPS.
I have collected a few dozen logs. Trying it out without logs now.
Usually had it set to "Run 64-bit player". I've switched that off, started the game and Ooops.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.