[Resolved] Orbit Line Disappears Upon Achieving Escape Trajectory [1.1.2]

Intermittent sadly, but I've been able to launch your test rocket at least a couple of times. I don't know if it's just luck or not though, that's why I'm asking.

For my rocket I found a workaround too, once I'm on an escape trajectory I have to wait to be outside of kerbin's SOI and then I can burn again to reach jool.

I hope @taniwha or @sal_vager will soon find how to fix this, it is REALLY annoying.

Edited by Irvin

I own an AMD CPU, therefore I don't have these options and I couldn't find anything similar for the AMD (but I also wasn't looking much, just skipped through the advanced chipset options).

But I have to test that out with the "burn again after leaving kerbins SOI", that sounds interesting and I have the feeling that this will be the workaround for me too... hopefully ^^

@Jens Lyn IV with your test rocket my map view breaks as yours, but with mine I can get a trajectory outside kerbin's SOI before it breaks.

I guess your test rocket accelerates so hard that we have no time to see an escape trajectory before KSP goes nuts whereas mine is on nukes so it is easier to stop burning just before everything breaks.

@Omikronlex to reproduce what I did accelerate to escape velocity, as soon as you have a trajectory outside kerbin's soi stop burning, timewarp out of the soi, then burn as usual.

Aftet that trick I've been able to go to jool and perform a reverse gravity assist on tylo so I guess this bug is only in kerbin's SOI. Even if we have a workaround it really needs to be fixed, I can't believe we are only three people affected...

• 3 weeks later...

Now that 1.1.3 is out, I have tested on a fresh KSP install with default settings, as well as with my preferred settings reinstated. I can no longer reproduce this bug.

I see no direct mention of this in the patch notes, but Squad did fiddle with the orbit code in several ways. Whatever they did works for me.

Marking as solved unless/until someone reproduces this in 1.1.3

Edited by Jens Lyn IV

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.