idea for a career mode mod

tillyd

im a player that needs direction and a goal to play a game that being said ive still chaukled up 1600 hours of kerbal time on steam in the last few years, and its save to say career mode even on the hardest possible setting is still pretty easy once you know what your doing,

so i thought of a mod idea that would maybe provide a little extra gameplay once your tech tree is unlocked it would incooperate contracts to upgrade/improve stock parts to give better efficiency/thrust weight etc etc   for example in the tech tree there is a unlock that say costs 2000 science that inturn will unlock a mission in the contracts ... that would require that mission to be completed within a certain parameter for example fly to the mun and back using x dv or less will improve x engine efficiency by 1-2 % or tie it to weight to reduce part mass etc etc u get the idea

sadly i have no clue about programming so im putting this out here to see if other people would have a desire to see a mod like this so that maybe some of the modders out there might pick up the idea and develope it

Edited by tillyd

as far as i am aware a mod like this doesnt exist i m not sure if that's down to the fact it is not even possible, to large an undertaking or just that there is no desire for a mod like this but for me i would definitely love to see a mod like this and i think it would compliment career mode really well after all most rocket designs in real life eventually get improved upon through use

On 24.4.2016 at 0:52 AM, tillyd said:

as far as i am aware a mod like this doesnt exist i m not sure if that's down to the fact it is not even possible, to large an undertaking or just that there is no desire for a mod like this but for me i would definitely love to see a mod like this and i think it would compliment career mode really well after all most rocket designs in real life eventually get improved upon through use

There are, however, mods that allow you to improve parts through science directly, without a contract as the middleman. For example, there used to be some plugins that allowed parts to improve their stats as tech nodes become unlocked. Unfortunately the author hasn't been to the forums since November last year, but it shows that it can be done. Additionally, there is Kerbal R&D, which allows you to directly spend science on improving part stats.

Edited by Streetwind

55 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

There are, however, mods that allow you to improve parts through science directly, without a contract as the middleman. For example, there used to be some plugins that allowed parts to improve their stats as tech nodes become unlocked. Unfortunately the author hasn't been to the forums since November last year, but it shows that it can be done. Additionally, there is Kerbal R&D, which allows you to directly spend science on improving part stats.

yeah that kerbal rnd looks awesome ... i shall give it a try ... its not what ive been looking for but its as close as its gona get so thanks ...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.