[1.12.x] TankLockRedux

linuxgurugamer

This is the TankLock module from @Redux, who has retired from modding and graciously gave permission for people to take over his mods.

Tank Lock (1.1)

M6kn1gv.png

Allows you to bind resource locking/unlocking to action groups on a per-tank basis. Requires Module Manager (part sold separately).

Be warned, the included Module Manager script will blindly add this PartModule to every part with a resource in it.

License: BSD 2-clause.

Download: http://spacedock.info/mod/592/TankLock

Source Code: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/TankLock

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

Edited by linuxgurugamer

27 minutes ago, OldLost said:

Stupid question time: What is meant by "resource locking"?

You know those little checkboxes next to the resources when you right-click on a fuel tank that make them usable or not?  This mod makes those controllable by action group.  Especially good for creating drop tanks now that atmospheric engines draw equally from all tanks instead of the outermost.

I have wanted this feature since forever, and here you are, once again, delivering gold, thank you!

--edit--

Bug report of Kerbin shattering dimensions: When you extract the archive, it comes out "Gamedata" with a lower case d, instead of the proper "GameData". The horror! Yup.

Edited by Deimos Rast
edit

On 4/28/2016 at 3:57 PM, Deimos Rast said:

I have wanted this feature since forever, and here you are, once again, delivering gold, thank you!

--edit--

Bug report of Kerbin shattering dimensions: When you extract the archive, it comes out "Gamedata" with a lower case d, instead of the proper "GameData". The horror! Yup.

Fixing now, thanks

• 8 months later...
1 minute ago, MisterFister said:

Does this mod allow for in-flight fuel-switching?  Can I launch a tank from KSC with LFO, empty it during flight, and land at a drilling rig on Minmus and fill the same tank with ore for liftoff to Minmus orbit?

No. That's not at all what this mod does. All this does it let you toggle a tank locked or unlocked through action groups instead of by hand.

50 minutes ago, MisterFister said:

I admit to having been rather "aggressively hopeful."  Is there anything that would allow for what I described?

Roverdude's mods let you switch tanks in flight. You could download USI_CORE from https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI_Core/releases which will just give you switchable tanks and reactors.

53 minutes ago, MisterFister said:

I admit to having been rather "aggressively hopeful."  Is there anything that would allow for what I described?

Ummm, do you have any idea what would be involved to do that?  

I'm sure someone can code it, but a tank is built for a specific purpose, it can't just be changed.

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ummm, do you have any idea what would be involved to do that?  

I'm sure someone can code it, but a tank is built for a specific purpose, it can't just be changed.

No, I have no idea what would be involved.  I'm very public in admitting that my computer skills are in troubleshooting wiring and drivers, not in software design.  Hence why I was perhaps more disbelieving than my text was capable of conveying when I asked.  ("What does this mod actually do" seemed a little counterproductive of a phrasing for my question, however.)

11 minutes ago, MisterFister said:

No, I have no idea what would be involved.  I'm very public in admitting that my computer skills are in troubleshooting wiring and drivers, not in software design.  Hence why I was perhaps more disbelieving than my text was capable of conveying when I asked.  ("What does this mod actually do" seemed a little counterproductive of a phrasing for my question, however.)

I wasn't talking about coding, I was referring to real life tanks. 

4 hours ago, MisterFister said:

Does this mod allow for in-flight fuel-switching?  Can I launch a tank from KSC with LFO, empty it during flight, and land at a drilling rig on Minmus and fill the same tank with ore for liftoff to Minmus orbit?

Haven't tried it myself, but this mod claims to support in-flight fuel switching: 

New release: 0.2.3

• Update TankLock.cfg in the src folder.
  • Exclude parts that have solid fuel or ablator.
  • SRBs and heat shields should not be toggle-able.
  • Add support for two more types of fuel-switching modules.
  • ModuleFuelTanks and ModuleSwitchableTank. Also, comments!

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

@linuxgurugamer

There have been a couple of mods in the past that intelligently stop control surfaces from being used in orbit, but neither seem to be currently updated. Just wondering if you could add a control lock AG for control surfaces to this mod, since it would be useful for SSTOs like this mod, and has a very similar purpose.

EDIT: To make it nice and simple, it could be an action group for the actuation toggles. Just having the ability to turn them all on and off at once, with an AG would be great.

Edited by Errol