Where is "rename port" in 1.1?

xerogravity

Okay, I'm not Mr Observant so can anybody tell me how to get the "rename port" option to show in 1.1?

In 1.0.5 clicking on a docking port gave me the option to rename it something sensible instead of "Clamp-o-tron Snr" (useful when there are many ports on a station).

In 1.1 clicking on a port only gives me "control from here" or "disable crossfeed". I'm assuming there is a setting somewhere to add in the rename function?

EDIT: This may be a function of the Docking Port Alignment Indicator mod by NavyFish but as I'm running the latest version of that plug-in, the question remains!

Thanks

Edited by xerogravity
added bit about NavyFish mod

You are the 2nd I've seen ask this, though this is not part of the game. I just loaded up 1.0.5 and tried it to make 100% sure.

All I can guess is that some mod allowed this for you before, and either you've not got it installed now or they disabled that part of it for some reason in 1.1.

12 hours ago, John FX said:

To me this is a sign that something should become stock, when players just assume it is stock because it is so useful and works like stock already does.

True, but since there isn't actually a stock way to target ports without clicking on them, there's no need for a name, as there's no need to cycle docking ports. That said, DPAI should be stock. Maybe have it replace the navball in docking mode so as to make docking mode actually useful. (Also, put a screen with it in the "docking mode" viewport on the cockpits.)

11 hours ago, Hobbes Novakoff said:

True, but since there isn't actually a stock way to target ports without clicking on them, there's no need for a name, as there's no need to cycle docking ports. That said, DPAI should be stock. Maybe have it replace the navball in docking mode so as to make docking mode actually useful. (Also, put a screen with it in the "docking mode" viewport on the cockpits.)

TBH it`s when I am trying to make a particular port the active one when in IVA using RPM that it becomes quite handy to have them named individually.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.