Devnotes Tuesday: A week after the release!

SQUAD

7 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

@steve_v we don't manage memory, Unity does. That appears to be an issue in Unity's memory management code. I could not agree more that it should be fixed.

Somebody is bugging Unity about this, right?

Do I take this as a "no" for 1.1.1 then? Any ETA on an upstream fix?

Edited by steve_v

Yep, Unity is well-bugged (heh). We're not changing Unity version in 1.1.1 so I doubt things will get much better this week, sorry. The Unity version bump will be in the next release, assuming it's stable and useful (as Brian has said previously, version bumps are not an easy thing, although we certainly believe that this one won't be as bad as 4->5!).

@sal_vager has been doing exhaustive work in Linux, and as I mentioned in the various issues on the tracker I've been looking as well. We're well aware there are serious issues and we remain committed to doing what we can. :)

28 minutes ago, regex said:

I do prefer RO/RSS and the detail therein, but the base game is quite fun as of 1.1. 

What?  You're faltering?  Do I have to be the new regex??  Those are some big shoes to fill.

3 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

Yep, Unity is well-bugged (heh).

You were THIS close ---><--- (about a pixel I'd say?) to giving me a coke nose.  Hehe.

38 minutes ago, monstah said:

Bye bye, grumpy old space hippie :(

Blame Squad for hiring NathanKell et al while making all the changes that resulted in 1.x.  This is the game I signed up for, everything works pretty much as expected and the mod support gets better by the update.  KSP is a game that's going to have fans for a very long time.

On 4/27/2016 at 8:44 PM, Hodari said:

According to ckan at least, Asteroid Day still isn't compatible with 1.1.  Any plans to update it any time soon?

Right now our priority is to get a hotfix out, after that, we will be able to get the official addons updated.

11 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

Wait! You mean that one of those hopeless Devs read, discussed and acted on the words of a user?

Most of us were users first, so even though our time might be strained these days, we are always listening. There are a great many wheel fixes coming in the patch.

Great to see the fixes (especially UI individual scaling).

I got a question that might be a taboo at this moment. You have announced multiplayer ages ago, but u havent mentioned anything about it for quite some time. Has it been forgotten or is it too far away in the future? Any news on this topic would be awesome.

17 hours ago, regex said:

...the base game is quite fun as of 1.1. 

...quite fun... 

...fun... 

Who are you, and what have you done with Regex?

I think I now know the answer as to when KSP could be considered finished: When Regex, the crotchety old man of the Forum, starts enjoying himself enough to stop pointing out the games' flaws.

You have your benchmark, SQUAD.

4 minutes ago, Kobymaru said:

Err... Not Devnote Tuesday this week? Does it turn into Devnote Wednesday or is there a 1.1.3 coming?

No as they said when they deployed the last patch they are now taking a 2 week vacation, so no Dev notes for two weeks me thinks.... In fact if you read the post above yours its in the quote from Kasper

Edited by Kwarazi

2 minutes ago, Kobymaru said:

Err... Not Devnote Tuesday this week? Does it turn into Devnote Wednesday or is there a 1.1.3 coming?

Kind of, either there are public holidays in mexico, or they are hard working on 1.1.3, the mod Monday is also missing.

3 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

IIRC, it was posted in the 1.1.2 release thread, that Squad was taking a couple weeks vacation... So possibly no DevNotes NEXT Tues either... ??

I mean they would totally deserve it, and I wish them very recreational days/weeks. But a little "hey guys, we're out of office, see you soon" would be nice.

17 minutes ago, Kobymaru said:

I mean they would totally deserve it, and I wish them very recreational days/weeks. But a little "hey guys, we're out of office, see you soon" would be nice.

It is in the 1.1.2 patch notes.  Literally look a post above your other one from this AM.  " Hello everyone!   We noticed a number of issues persisted through the 1.1.1 patch earlier this week. We’re releasing patch 1.1.2 to address these issues before we head off to a long overdue vacation for the next couple of weeks. "

Bold for emphasis is mine alone.

59 minutes ago, Alewx said:

Kind of, either there are public holidays in mexico, or they are hard working on 1.1.3, the mod Monday is also missing.

They're on vacation, and there's no 1.1.3 AFAIK.

12 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

@sal_vager seems to be around and answering Linux questions. Mathew, can you confirm there will be no dev notes this week due to outages?

That looks to be the case, @Badie handles the dev notes and I believe she is also taking a break.

Maybe if we call her three times she'll appear, Beetlejuice style :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.