TrollTech Extremal Design Company

Hello! I've been a lurker on the forums since around .14, and I've finally joined! :)

Almost Real Size Replicas:

Civilian Aircraft Replicas:

Airbus A-380

Carries 644 (unless I miscounted) passengers. Expect it to maneuver like the 430 ton winged whale that it is. Not for potato computers.

Craft File & image on KerbalX

Boeing 737-600

It carries 88 passengers and flies quite nicely (in my opinion).

Craft file & image on KerbalX

Boeing VC-25

Carries the President + lots of VIPs. Has a bonus feature for fans of Harrison Ford :wink:

Bombardier Learjet 45

Carries a modest 8 passengers. Flies quite nicely, as it's not very heavy.

De Havilland DH-106 Comet

Right now it carries 18 passengers, I mainly went for looks on this one, will probably change. Flies about like your average plane.

Hawker Siddeley Trident 1C

Carries 80 passengers, good for the casual pilot.

Hawker Siddeley Trident 3B

Carries 96 passengers, also for the casual pilot.

McDonnell Douglas DC-10

Carries 224 passengers and... well... it's a bit sluggish... just... "Don't let the plane take you where your mind wasn't 5 minutes earlier"

Craft File & image on KerbalX

McDonnell Douglas MD-88

Carries 50 something passengers I think. Not the best flier, but it looks pretty cool.

Aerospatiale Concorde (Incomplete)

This thing doesn't want to supercruise yet, let alone do so at Mach 2. :( Not finished yet.

Unofficial plans:

work to improve Aerospatiale Concorde (maybe), maybe (757, 767, 787), 777, Cessna Citation, C-17 Globemaster lll, more.    Yes I have a lot of plane plans! :D

More coming soonish!

Pictures!

Spoiler

Uq0QvSN.jpg1UG7j71.jpgCjWzTjw.jpgau39Dvc.jpgyYYrotA.jpgnw05nb4.jpgYvt5CBa.jpghioqsYy.jpg2016-08-29%2014-15-40.png8kTayRN.jpg1ViqNHH.jpgul4Gq8Q.jpgoRPF4Tq.pngtho0UsR.jpg

Military Aircraft Replicas:

A-10 Thunderbolt (AKA Warthog)

Currently has no missiles. I may add some later.

General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon

A bit squirrely and sluggish at the same time, but still fun to fly. It has no rudder at the moment, and as for the nose... I did my best people!

Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor

Also fun to fly

McDonnell Douglas F-15 Strike Eagle

Fun to fly

More coming soonish

Totally Kerbal Crafts:

Coax Mk1

A small, stock, coaxial helicopter. It currently has enough fuel for only about 5 minutes of flight, but I aim to improve that. I actually developed this after getting sidetracked while trying to use Majorjim's thermohinge to give a Concorde model a droop nose. The droop nose didn't work, but I got something much better!

Igor C2   STOL Cargo Plane

Originally designed for on the often debris-strewn wasteland that is the island runway on a high-traffic DMP server, this cargo plane has the ability to land and takeoff within 150m (unloaded). I once did 100m by accident (I stalled it onto a 100m aircraft carrier I was buzzing, which I may add later), but 150m is more recommended (as this will be necessary for takeoff ). Anyways, the twin Goliath engines are mounted high to keep them away from debris, and relaxed stability allows this plane to keep a critical angle of attack, allowing flight down to 30m/s (unloaded).         Don't ask me why I named it Igor... I really don't remember

Kerbal Cessna P3

A light, easygoing plane for beginners and experts alike. Good for island trips, flying under bridges and through hangers, and more. Can carry 2 passengers along for the ride. It's also got a happy face! :D

Titan Mk1-2

A somewhat large tandem rotor helicopter. With the right game settings (namely just an increased rotation speed limit), this thing can lift 73 or so tons. Flies like a dream, but I can't say reliability is the same. It probably won't break, but there's always that chance. It should be fine if you don't take it over 25m/s

More coming soonish

Plans here include updating 2 cargo planes, a few helicopters, and more

If you have any suggestions on how I can improve my builds (or anything else to say :P), please let me know!

Have Fun! :)

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139
Updated some stuff

5 hours ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

Hello! I've been a lurker on the forums since around .14, and I've finally joined the forums! :)

Anyways, I figured I'd share this pretty bird before I went to bed. It's a 5/6 scale model of a Boeing 737-600.

Ok, embedding isn't working for some reason (seems to happen exactly every other time I try to do this), so here's a link to the imgur http://imgur.com/1UG7j71.

It carries 88 passengers and flies quite nicely (in my opinion). (Just don't go slower than 75m/s and expect it to be responsive).

Craft file on KerbalX https://kerbalx.com/EpicSpaceTroll139/Boeing-737-600-11

I plan to add some more replicas (all in the same 5/6 scale) here soon (including Hawker Siddeley Tridents 1C and 3B, McDonnell Douglas DC-10, a Bombardier-Learjet 45, and last, but definitely not least, an Airbus A-380) soon, but currently I am fiddling to get them looking right and working reliably again since the landing gear models have changed. Also something else about physics has changed which makes a lot of my planes' wings blow up on load or at some point during takeoff. Anyways, I of course plan to add more to that list of replicas eventually, and I also have non-replica crafts which I will probably put here (which are also being fixed). 

Have Fun! :)

By the way, if you have any feedback on how I can improve my builds, please let me know!

That is a cool looking custom cockpit you just made a few people happy.

Thanks!

Later I'm hoping to reduce the part count/extra bulk in the wing root, since with 1.1, the downsized gear doesn't have to go through the wing like it used to. (When I was testing it, gear clip resulted in a hilarious crash in which an entire wing seperated from the plane when I deployed the gear on approach to the island... You can probably guess what happened after that...)

Status update: 

Trident 3B will probably be added soonish. added

The A-380 fixes are almost complete. IT'S HERE BABY!

The VC-25 is giving me all manner of trouble, from gear clipping into the runway, then blowing it up, to things explosively launching themselves off the belly and tail of the aircraft. Therefore I have no idea when I'll be able to upload it.

THE A-380 IS FINALLY NOT EXPLODING!

• 3 weeks later...

I have actually been thinking about making that, but the nose has been putting me off... I want it to be able to droop, but I also want it to be stock :(... Maybe i should just have it fixed in cruise position... Anyways, I've also been trying to get the VC-25 working again, but it's still doing everything except take off... or even just taxi. Also I've got AP exams on Wednesday and Thursday so I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to it at the moment. But as soon as those are finished, I will put my head to those 2 projects :) or rather 3:

VC-25 fix

Aerospatiale Concorde

DeHavilland Comet (this will only come after the first two)

Edit: I'm actually finding that my real problem on the Concorde is the gear! They're so long! And KSP gear are short and stubby! xD I've actually created a mechanism that may allow a stock drooping nose... won't work great in DMP though.

Edit 2: Ok, so far I've gotten the Concorde mostly put together. I had to ditch the nose droop mechanism I had because it was too bulky to fit in the slender fusolage. Also I'm sticking with the stubby gear for now. I'll post pics in the morning. Once I show those, if anyone has an idea how to fit in a droop nose + visor mechanism in, I would be happy to know :)

Anysuggestions are welcome :D

Concorde Work

1 hour ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

I have actually been thinking about making that, but the nose has been putting me off... I want it to be able to droop, but I also want it to be stock :(... Maybe i should just have it fixed in cruise position... Anyways, I've also been trying to get the VC-25 working again, but it's still doing everything except take off... or even just taxi. Also I've got AP exams on Wednesday and Thursday so I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to it at the moment. But as soon as those are finished, I will put my head to those 2 projects :) or rather 3:

VC-25 fix

Aerospatiale Concorde

DeHavilland Comet (this will only come after the first two)

Anysuggestions are welcome :D

Avro Arrow!

8ymBsLF.png

Progress with the Concorde.  So far I've got the basic structure flushed out, but I'm having a problem that it barely gets Mach 1.01 with full reheat in a shallow dive, so not even close to what I want it to do (with most of the other models, I haven't cared too much about their performance, but by golly if I make a Concorde it's going to go Mach 2.

Edit: I just remembered I have an A-10 sitting in my hanger. I might upload it when I get home. :) 

Edit2: A-10 added

A-10

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.