[1.12.x] Champagne Bottle Redux

linuxgurugamer

7 hours ago, Alshain said:

Interesting, do they always have the 3 letter prefix on them?

The prefix is the shp class, based on  random first letter being one of the following:

M = Mankind's
S = System
K = Kerbal
HM = His/Her Majesty's
A = Alliance
I = International

followed by the shiptype:

D = Debris (should never appear)
SV = Space Vehicle
SP = Probe
RV = RoVer
LV = Lander Vehicle
SC = SpaceCraft
SS = Space Station
Col = Colony
AN = AstroNaught
F = Flag

On 4/30/2016 at 0:18 AM, mcirish3 said:

If I may be so bold.  When you have the time would it be possible to have the option of reverting back to the language select screen?  It seems once you pick a language there is no going back.

I just released a new version:  0.3.3

This adds an option to the cfg file to specify whether the language should be selected each time or not:

You need to manually edit the cfg file, I haven't yet made a configuration screen

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The prefix is the shp class, based on  random first letter being one of the following:

M = Mankind's
S = System
K = Kerbal
HM = His/Her Majesty's
A = Alliance
I = International

SV = Space Vehicle
SP = Probe
RV = RoVer
LV = Lander Vehicle
SC = SpaceCraft
SS = Space Station
Col = Colony
AN = AstroNaught
F = Flag

Ok, but that didn't answer the question.  Does it always use them, can it be turned off?

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

M = Mankind's
S = System
K = Kerbal
HM = His/Her Majesty's
A = Alliance
I = International

SV = Space Vehicle
SP = Probe
RV = RoVer
LV = Lander Vehicle
SC = SpaceCraft
SS = Space Station
Col = Colony
AN = AstroNaught
F = Flag

Is it possible for the mod to detect the vehicle type when generating names, similarly to how the stock game classifies vehicles for the tracking station? E.g., the rocket has a capsule, so it generates -SV prefixes for the naming convention

edit: now I'm wondering if you meant it already does this and I feel silly...

Edited by t@ngent
Sudden Realization

• 3 weeks later...

Holy cow, I'm the oringinal author of this mod, and I was pretty blown away when I saw it on CKAN. I've been away from the game from a long time busy with uni, and I didn't realise that there was enough interest in my tiny little mod to update it! @linuxgurugamer, @Senshi, and @Gribbleshnibit8 thank you so much for maintaining this. If there's any question about permission, I give you full rights to the source; and if you have any questions about the code, I'll be happy to help with anything.

Edited by jimj316

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I made a applauncher icon to fit with the toolbar style many mods use. I wanna share it with you. Unzip the archive to GameData folder.

champagner_bottle_icon.jpg Black background is transparency in original.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApRhxICouh6ag-RRr2KYZu0c6ArH7w

It was made of a non-profit-licence base.

Edited by LeLeon

I like the mod as I'm that guy telling people to name their computers and won't buy vehicles that use model numbers instead of names (I mean, c'mon Mazda, could you be any less creative?). One suggestion:  Add the prefix 'KSV' (Kerbal Spacefaring Vessel) to the pool.  It's the one I felt most logical, so it's the one I use most often.

Edit: Oh wait, you did.  Sorry!

Edited by Turin Malos

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2016 at 9:30 AM, cortina said:

bug report:

The toolbar icon is showing for me while I am flying a vessel and also in map view. When I am going to close after playing it shows in the main menu also.

EDIT: some screenshots
http://imgur.com/a/TS8TG

Is this still a problem?

On 11/1/2016 at 10:42 AM, LeLeon said:

I made a applauncher icon to fit with the toolbar style many mods use. I wanna share it with you. Unzip the archive to GameData folder.

champagner_bottle_icon.jpg Black background is transparency in original.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApRhxICouh6ag-RRr2KYZu0c6ArH7w

It was made of a non-profit-licence base.

I'll take a look, thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/3/2016 at 6:44 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

M = Mankind's
S = System
K = Kerbal
HM = His/Her Majesty's
A = Alliance
I = International

SV = Space Vehicle
SP = Probe
RV = RoVer
LV = Lander Vehicle
SC = SpaceCraft
SS = Space Station
Col = Colony
AN = AstroNaught
F = Flag

I'm assuming that this embedded in the code, as there is no text file for it.  Would you be willing to consider changing it so that there is a text file so that we would have the option of editing that as well?

3 hours ago, MerlinsMaster said:

I'm assuming that this embedded in the code, as there is no text file for it.  Would you be willing to consider changing it so that there is a text file so that we would have the option of editing that as well?

This is a simple mod. For more advanced naming, take a look at Persistent Dynamic Pod Names: 

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Just reporting that this is working pretty well in 1.10.1, and this is another one of those amazing mods that I never thought I needed until I found it. I am total crap at naming ships and always have been. :V

The only real bug I have to report is that I think vessel types may have been changed since this was written. My Probes are being named Rovers, and my command pods are being named as colony ships. :D

Also, interestingly, it doesn't seem to be responding to changing the vessel type in the stock PAW for the probe core - not sure if this is intended behavior or also something weird.

(I'm writing this under the assumption that you want to maintain this mod, rather than PDPN, which you mentioned above and haven't updated as recently as this one - if this isn't the case, I can go look at that one and see if I can hammer it into giving me a bunch of cat-related names)

• 1 month later...

@linuxgurugamer

Okay, so based on the brief conversation on tonight's stream...

I actually figured out a fix for this. I decided to be brave and code-dive a bit... I was apparently correct in my thought above that more vessel types were added, and that the code just assigns numbers one at a time to vessel types.

The following is a replacement for \GameData\Champagne\PluginData\WordLists\ShipTypes.txt:

# Note - part types changed (many were added) by a new version of KSP.
# Data from https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/api/_vessel_8cs.html#afa39c7ec7cc0926b332fcd2d77425edb
#Debris?
D
#SpaceObject
AS
#Unknown
UK
#Probe
PR
#Relay
RL
#Rover
RV
#Lander
LV
#Ship
SV
#Plane
PL
#Space Station
SS
#Base
BA
#EVA
AN
#Flag
F
#DeployedScienceController
#DeployedSciencePart

Note that I have made changes to this file. Based on two parts looking-at-the-game and one part I-didn't-like-the-choices. It's basically a direct copy of what I had modified before, along with some added items. I also changed all the comments to reflect the actual names of the types in VesselType.

I referenced where I got the data on the VesselType enum in the comments. "SpaceObject" is an asteroid (and presumably a comet) post-discovery, "Unknown" is pre-discovery. The rest are self-explanatory. I didn't assign anything to the last two, since they (theoretically) would just fall through to SS, as specified in the code.

I admit, I haven't tested this super extensively, but I managed to make a Plane, a Lander, a Probe, and a plain Ship, and they got their designations as expected.

The other problem, where the code doesn't pick up changes to the vessel's type in the command module/probe core PAW (even after a save/load - didn't try exiting VAB and re-entering though,) is most likely more code-based in its solution.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.