1.1.1 Mods Compatibility

Jetski

game itself says TweakScale is not working... this is what i hate so much, they make a new patch and every modder has to update and until they are done you can't play properly

Edited by hoojiwana
Language

6 minutes ago, NikkyD said:

game itself says TweakScale is not working... this is what i hate so much, they make a new patch and every modder has to update and until they are done you can't play properly

That's actually the mod telling you that and it may be lying.  All it does is check the version number to see if it matches and if not it gives you a message, nothing may actually be broken (in fact there is an incredibly high likelihood nothing did break for this patch).  The mod developer puts that check in there, not the game.  Not all mods do it.

Edited by hoojiwana
Language in quote

6 minutes ago, Alshain said:

That's actually the mod telling you that and it may be lying.  All it does is check the version number to see if it matches and if not it gives you a message, nothing may actually be broken (in fact there is an incredibly high likelihood nothing did break for this patch).  The mod developer puts that check in there, not the game.  Not all mods do it.

Those check can become a bit annoying, tho. Gotta klick away like 10 error messages every start atm.

I have these all installed and they all appear fine. I used at least part of them with success:

ModuleManager
Blizzy's Toolbar
AllYAll
BetterBurnTime
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
GPOSpeedFuelPump
NavHud
PreciseNode
KerbalEngineer

This had no errors, but I didn't actually use it so it's possible (though unlikely) that it has a problem:

AmbientLightAdjustment

This one actually didn't work. The toolbar icon was present but no clicking worked and its automated functions never triggered:

AutomatedScienceSampler

the thing is, if you have crafts deployed that use a certain part that is suddenly no longer available because the mod is missing etc, that craft disappears. Happened to me, so i am VERY cautious.

Edited by NikkyD

I still have serious troubles trying to take off from the runaway (upgraded) with the basic legs. The plane goes kaboom as soon as I touch 20 km/h :'( ...landing is totally out of question.

Flying was such a pleasure before 1.1, I hope they'll manage to fix this part at some point.

37 minutes ago, NikkyD said:

the thing is, if you have crafts deployed that use a certain part that is suddenly no longer available because the mod is missing etc, that craft disappears. Happened to me, so i am VERY cautious.

For exactly this, I need an extremely good reason to use a mod that has parts in it. And if there's a way to get around using those parts, I take it. For example, I've not used a KER part for years, and instead use the Modulemanager config to add the functionality to all pods. That way, if KER stops working I lose dV info, but my ships are still okay.

I just need the TweakScale as i enjoy mini-stuff A LOT and i can't fit a Science Jr. on my Rover with original size, it's like loading a cow on a car, doesnt fit and ofc i scale other stuff as well and if the stuff is gone...

16 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

For exactly this, I need an extremely good reason to use a mod that has parts in it. And if there's a way to get around using those parts, I take it. For example, I've not used a KER part for years, and instead use the Modulemanager config to add the functionality to all pods. That way, if KER stops working I lose dV info, but my ships are still okay.

You can actually switch KER to partless in it's settings menu (e.g. in VAB) so you should be able to use KER without ever using a part.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.