Suspension strength tweakable for wheels

The 1.1.1 update has really softened up the suspension on the LY-01 and LY-05 landing gear, so much so that I get a wobbling on take-off with small craft.  A suspension strength tweakable should be added to wheels to allow for stiffer suspensions, like that found in 1.1 (which was pretty much perfect, I might add).

E: In fact, the LY-05 is so sloppy now that the wheel clips through the fairing when the suspension is at full travel, which just looks ... bad.

iElLhWU.png

Edited by regex

those wheels dont really have a spring, they should not have any suspension at all tbh

edit:

Usually it's like this, the wheels are inflated so the air inside gives a little bit of dampening/suspension depending on the amount of tire vs rim. The material of the leg can flex, but that would be a suspension with a pretty hard curve. There would be a combination of both that you could simplify but for games sake, rigid looking wheel -> no suspension as you would not expect it to have one

Edited by NikkyD

Nice to see you complaining again. I got really scared there for a minute.

And yeah, wheels are still FUBAR.

However, I finally got one of my rovers driving properly, which is nice. Give it time. I see more hotfixes in our future.  

2 hours ago, kmMango said:

Give it time. I see more hotfixes in our future.  

I'm sure.  The problem is that we have people who slam planes around or want stupid squishy suspension for whatever reason and people who don't want suspension ever because they think they're pr0.  A custom setting that the user can tweak per craft is a much better option than trying to please everyone.

I like this idea. Not just for personal preference in playstyle (though that is very much valid), but also because we have a finite selection of landing gear but a near infinite variety of plane designs. I like a certain amount of stiffness in the suspension, and I've found that some designs are too soft with a smaller gear and too stiff with the next larger one. So even if the defaults were well suited to my preference, there would still be designs where they didn't work well for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.