Double Jebs & Disappearing Resource Panel

So I figured I'd finally give 1.1 a try now that there is a patch for it, and I figured I'd see what stock was like, as I normally only play with mods. And besides loading faster (as one would expect), I have seen two major bugs so far: a disappearing resource panel when I clicked the "stage option thingy" checkbox in the resource panel (you know the one) and I can't get it back. The log shows me trying frantically to no effect. Second, I cloned Jeb. Yes, that's right, I did in a few minutes what the best kerbal scientists have been unable to do in years. How? I had him EVA and get back in his pod and a clone of him appeared on the outside ladder where he was standing. I then proceeded to kick it around awhile. (Aside: this seems similar to a bug I think KAS or KIS had a while back, or some other mod). To be clear, this is a fresh install, with no mods - I even deleted the entire steam folder. This is the second time running the fresh install (first time didn't go so well due to stuff and things in the options screen). The only change I made is to the launch shortcut which is "%command%_64" which is left over from my last install.

Linux 64 bit, latest version which I believe is something like 1.1.1:1250 or so (see log). I'd like to start pumping mods into this install, but in its current state...eh.:( Let me know if I need to provide more info.

Double...JEBardy? And log here. Cheers.

1sKW4vM.png

--edit--

Also, it apparently won't let me recover my craft with clones out, so that's neat.

Edited by Deimos Rast
edit

I've seen the disappearing resource panel twice - Both times when I clicked the stage only check box - running KSP_64 1.1.1 on a Windows 10 64 system . The second time I went back to the space center then returned to the craft and the resource panel was back.

I have managed to reproduce this chain of events of this bug and the exact means to fixing it.

First the Fix (for Steam Users): verify integrity of game cache should repair the problem (said I had two files that needed to be redownloaded).

Second the Cause: Clicking the stage check box in the resource panel causes clones of EVA'd kerbals to appear upon reentry into capsule where they were standing (on the ladder). There is plenty of stuff in the above log about KSP failing to load the resource panel or something.

Now, how to file a bug report...

13 minutes ago, wasml said:

I've seen the disappearing resource panel twice - Both times when I clicked the stage only check box - running KSP_64 1.1.1 on a Windows 10 64 system . The second time I went back to the space center then returned to the craft and the resource panel was back.

Interesting - thanks for the response; I've always used TriggerAu's alternative resource panel and plan on using it again when he updates it (if it doesn't work already).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.