[1.12.x] JSI Advanced Transparent Pods (V0.1.24.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

2 hours ago, subyng said:

Does anyone know what mod this video showcases? Features transparent pods. 

Panopticon

took some digging - working link can be found at this post. Might have to update this....

I believe I will seek to update and republish this - just finished doing the same with Orbital Tug with LGG. Very glorious looking pods. have them already working - just need to update.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DAXIN said:

Doesn't support the original and other mods? For example, Stockalike_Station_Parts_Expansion_Redux. Only support DeepFreeze and Kerbal_Planetary_Base_Systems?

This mod supports any mod that supports this mod by meeting its model requirements. Not the other way around. If a mod model has not been created to meet these requirements then it can’t be. As I am not the author of those mods, I can’t change them, nor do I have the time to change them.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

What glitch?

Hide contents
  • Having multiple transparent pods in physics range is very resource intensive. Too many will crash the game.

• Flight HUD will render Black instead of Green in OpenGL mode.

• Lighting direction from Sun incorrect in IVA at some parts of day, due to Squad's funky IVA orientation setup.

On 4/29/2016 at 6:24 AM, JPLRepo said:

Known Issues:

• Due to Unity camera limitations and the way KSP camera and universe is set-up (It's complicated, but if you want the full explanation send me a PM) any objects in the foreground of an IVA can be occluded/cut-off by the IVA. This also occurs with the stock overlay feature introduced in KSP 1.1. I have implemented some basic ray casting to help allieviate this, but it only works when the object in front of an IVA is directly between the IVA and the player's viewing camera. I am investigating other ways to deal with this issue, such as shaders and depth-buffer, hand-wave algorithms.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2020 at 10:23 PM, Bit Fiddler said:

Screenshot%202020-09-18%2008.18.52.png?d

I assume this graphical error is coming from JSI, but I do not see a way to disable JSI on a per craft basis...  am I just blind?  if so please point me to where I can disable it for this single craft.

You could assume that. But there is no way of knowing it for sure without knowing what all the mods are that you have installed and then only reinstalling just the JSI mod and flying your craft again.

As for can you disable it for that one craft. You could if it is indeed JSI. right click the pod..... err.. there's a pod there somewhere right? that is using JSI transparency? i have no idea what those parts are and if in fact they are using this mod.
Let's assume there is one there.. you can right click it and tell it to turn transparent pod OFF for this part. done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/12/2021 at 5:28 AM, adriangm44 said:

Restock and Restock+ support?

Up to those mod authors. This mod can't modify the actual models from other mods or stock parts. It provides a set of tools for mod authors to provide this functionality but only if those mod authors choose to incorporate the changes required into their models.

9 hours ago, Sheppard said:

Does this mod also cover stock parts? I am searching for something like this only for stock parts.

No it doesn't. Nor do I know of anything that does.

• 5 months later...