[1.12.x] JSI Advanced Transparent Pods (V0.1.24.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

So I'm reading through the wiki for this and I think I found a typo:

The module strictly speaking requires no configuration:
MODULE { name = JSITransparentPod } 

Which seems to be missing the Adv (unless I'm misreading it). You then go on to reference it as (which I believe is the proper way?) :

@PART[CRY-0300Freezer]:FOR[DeepFreeze]:NEEDS[JSIAdvTransparentPods] 
{ MODULE { name = JSIAdvTransparentPod } } 

So henceforth, will JSITransparentPod modules even work? I'm assuming no. I see the repeated parts about "visual artifacts" if those legacy modules are present - not entirely sure what that means, other than "not working as desired." I ask because I have set of transparent pods made by the esteemed nli2work using the old JSITransparentPod (and conveniently lists the transparentTransforms), so to my untrained eye it should just be an issue of adding "Adv" to the module, since I'm reasonably sure (well, more of a hunch really) it fulfills the criteria listed. One way to find out I guess.:)

---edit---

Hot damn! It worked!

WZPulQh.png

Edited by Deimos Rast

3 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

So I'm reading through the wiki for this and I think I found a typo:

The module strictly speaking requires no configuration:
MODULE { name = JSITransparentPod } 

Which seems to be missing the Adv (unless I'm misreading it). You then go on to reference it as (which I believe is the proper way?) :

@PART[CRY-0300Freezer]:FOR[DeepFreeze]:NEEDS[JSIAdvTransparentPods] 
{ MODULE { name = JSIAdvTransparentPod } } 

So henceforth, will JSITransparentPod modules even work? I'm assuming no. I see the repeated parts about "visual artifacts" if those legacy modules are present - not entirely sure what that means, other than "not working as desired." I ask because I have set of transparent pods made by the esteemed nli2work using the old JSITransparentPod (and conveniently lists the transparentTransforms), so to my untrained eye it should just be an issue of adding "Adv" to the module, since I'm reasonably sure (well, more of a hunch really) it fulfills the criteria listed. One way to find out I guess.:)

---edit---

Hot damn! It worked!

Yes that was a typo. wiki page fixed - Thanks.
Yes, generally speaking swapping the old JSITransparentPod config setup with JSIAdvTransparentPod should work.

ALL Interested Parties/Modders:

I'm going to expand the multiple depth shader mask meshes feature some more to cater for different model/mod needs and improve performance a bit. See the OP "Future Enhancements" section for details. Any modders who want to be involved or have input drop me a PM.

Edited by JPLRepo

V 0.1.5.0 Published.
Some big changes to support more advanced overlay features. Please refer to the WIKI page (added lots more info and examples with pictures) for updated information and Examples on how to setup your models and config files.

It doesn't seem to be working for me.

I put "JSIAdvTransparentpods into the "JSI" folder.

And no transparent pods are even showing up, except for the planetary bases systems cockpit thingy.

Am I doing anything wrong?

1 hour ago, Table said:

It doesn't seem to be working for me.

I put "JSIAdvTransparentpods into the "JSI" folder.

And no transparent pods are even showing up, except for the planetary bases systems cockpit thingy.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Not sure what you are expecting. Did you read the Opening Post, particularly this rather large font sentence:
On it's own this mod will do nothing unless you have also installed mods that already support it or create your own part config files, or Module Manager files.

Um, nope. This mod is for modders primarily. It was never intended for stock parts. If you added the module to every stock part it would just be the same as turning the stock overlay mode on, and it doesn't come for free (CPU/GPU, etc). If people want to use it on stock parts I'm not stopping them, but I'm not going to distribute MM files to do it as part of this mod.

• 4 weeks later...

hi, i got a problem with the transparent pod on one mod 

the plugin works, i can enable and disable the transparent function... but when the function is on... not only the windows are transparent... but all the upper part of the pod... there is any way can i fix it?

other question... what i must to do for got all stocks pod with transparent windows? if it is possible obiouvsly

4 hours ago, Kerbinidiel said:

hi, i got a problem with the transparent pod on one mod 

the plugin works, i can enable and disable the transparent function... but when the function is on... not only the windows are transparent... but all the upper part of the pod... there is any way can i fix it?

other question... what i must to do for got all stocks pod with transparent windows? if it is possible obiouvsly

I'm assuming you just added the partmodule to the part yourself?  Unless @RoverDude has made the necessary changes to his parts model to support this mod's requirements it will appear the same as it would when you toggle the stock overlay mode on. The same goes for any mod's part models and stock part models. This mod does not automagically create meshes for parts. The requirements must be met as outlined in the wiki page for this mod (link in the OP).

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

I'm assuming you just added the partmodule to the part yourself?  Unless @RoverDude has made the necessary changes to his parts model to support this mod's requirements it will appear the same as it would when you toggle the stock overlay mode on. The same goes for any mod's part models and stock part models. This mod does not automagically create meshes for parts. The requirements must be met as outlined in the wiki page for this mod (link in the OP).

Actually the Karibou Rover does come with a AdvTransparentPod module (see below).

Unrelated, but I've had the issue as well where not only is the "window" transparent, but the "frame" as well (so to speak), but that's mainly on older pods (like the ones I pictured above).

Also, and this will probably be of no interest to you but maybe something you can refer people to who don't quite understand the nature of what this mod does. I think @doudou was looking for something like this. Edit: Actually, I remember now you made this mod happen, so you already know about it...:rolleyes:

From Karibou:

MODULE
	{
		name = JSIAdvTransparentPod
		transparentTransforms = MainHull_000
	}

Edited by Deimos Rast

13 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Actually the Karibou Rover does come with a AdvTransparentPod module (see below).

Unrelated, but I've had the issue as well where not only is the "window" transparent, but the "frame" as well (so to speak), but that's mainly on older pods (like the ones I pictured above).

Also, and this will probably be of no interest to you but maybe something you can refer people to who don't quite understand the nature of what this mod does. I think @doudou was looking for something like this. Edit: Actually, I remember now you made this mod happen, so you already know about it...:rolleyes:

From Karibou:

MODULE
	{
		name = JSIAdvTransparentPod
		transparentTransforms = MainHull_000
	}

Yes but unless @RoverDude changed his model to have two depth mask meshes it will only use the one in the config file. Which may just be an open top mesh. Her can create a second mesh with the depth mask for just the windows and change the config. The wiki has all the info and examples.

and yes, I made that other mod happen.

As for the frame issue unless the creator spent time creating a mesh to match you may get different results

in conclusion... if i not able to create things with blender... with the config i cant resolve the issue of the transparent frame?

i only must wait the creator make a release with the right model where only the window support the advanced transparent module?

4 minutes ago, Kerbinidiel said:

in conclusion... if i not able to create things with blender... with the config i cant resolve the issue of the transparent frame?

i only must wait the creator make a release with the right model where only the window support the advanced transparent module?

yes

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/05/2016 at 6:26 PM, Deimos Rast said:

Hot damn! It worked!

WZPulQh.png

It's good to see that those old pods can be made to work. It's a question of taste, but I'd prefer slightly less transparency, and maybe a gold/yellow tint to the glazing. Maybe that needs to be something built in to the mod.

I liked what amounted to enclosed command chairs on rovers. And the sample pics are giving me other ideas too.

6 hours ago, Wolf Baginski said:

It's good to see that those old pods can be made to work. It's a question of taste, but I'd prefer slightly less transparency, and maybe a gold/yellow tint to the glazing. Maybe that needs to be something built in to the mod.

I liked what amounted to enclosed command chairs on rovers. And the sample pics are giving me other ideas too.

I should add they have a few issues, where things that aren't supposed to be transparent go transparent. The solid backing on the top pod for example when looking dead on. Think it's mainly an issue with older pieces (ASET rover pod iirc is another example). There is another pod in the pack that looks like a command chair type deal. For anyone else wondering (I'm assuming you know this already Wolf) the link to the pods is here; they're old, nodes are inverted, need an update to this current plugin, nothing too major. Maybe I'll write a quick MM patch to bring them up to spec, since I've had a few inquiries. @nli2work the author, recently came back, from a hiatus, but he seems to be contented with working on new stuff mainly.

But yeah, I was pleasantly surprised.:)

Paniced a bit when I realised stock doesn't load internals on non-crewed parts. Thought I have to put a seat in each storage tank just for that but then I found your mod and everything was fine :)

Thank you very much for all the work you have put into this, it's a great plugin!

48 minutes ago, Eleusis La Arwall said:

Paniced a bit when I realised stock doesn't load internals on non-crewed parts. Thought I have to put a seat in each storage tank just for that but then I found your mod and everything was fine :)

Thank you very much for all the work you have put into this, it's a great plugin!

Glad you find it useful. Feedback goes a long way.
Yes this mod when configured for a part with an internal model will show internals models on all configured parts regardless of them having crew capacity or internal seats. I've updated the OP to clarify this.

On 22/06/2016 at 6:29 PM, Deimos Rast said:

I should add they have a few issues, where things that aren't supposed to be transparent go transparent. The solid backing on the top pod for example when looking dead on. Think it's mainly an issue with older pieces (ASET rover pod iirc is another example). There is another pod in the pack that looks like a command chair type deal. For anyone else wondering (I'm assuming you know this already Wolf) the link to the pods is here; they're old, nodes are inverted, need an update to this current plugin, nothing too major. Maybe I'll write a quick MM patch to bring them up to spec, since I've had a few inquiries. @nli2work the author, recently came back, from a hiatus, but he seems to be contented with working on new stuff mainly.

But yeah, I was pleasantly surprised.:)

Oh, I'm not expecting great things. I could see the three-Kerbal pod as a command post for a space-station or a Mun-base (sort of like an airfield control tower). I did deal with the node problem on a lot of stuff. There are also some micro landing-legs in the pack, and they would be a huge can of worms now.

The only useful link in the original post is to the Mediafire location, and that has had the usual Mediafire treatment. There have been recent reports of compromised ad networks being used by scammers to get your IP address, once they have that, they can figure out your ISP and send you scary virus warnings that seem, at first glance, to come from your ISP.

Mediafire is looking a dangerous place to visit, from the type of adverts I saw. Be very careful.

I am not going to hassle the creator, but an official minimal update on Spacedock would be nice. Since you posted at the end of the original thread, I figure I can leave it all up to you [insert Muttley-style snicker].

++edited to add ++

The version currently on Mediafire has correct node parameters. Change JSITransparentPod to JSIAdvTransparent pod and er, that's it. The Panopticon does have a few frame lines that come-and-go

While there is the new buoyancy model, and generally changed temperature limits, I don't really see any point in trying to fix them, since these things are not something that would expect to need them. Who would try re-entry and splashdown in a perspex bubble ("No, Jebediah, just no!").

Edited by Wolf Baginski
Added extra info

13 hours ago, Wolf Baginski said:

Oh, I'm not expecting great things. I could see the three-Kerbal pod as a command post for a space-station or a Mun-base (sort of like an airfield control tower). I did deal with the node problem on a lot of stuff. There are also some micro landing-legs in the pack, and they would be a huge can of worms now.

The only useful link in the original post is to the Mediafire location, and that has had the usual Mediafire treatment. There have been recent reports of compromised ad networks being used by scammers to get your IP address, once they have that, they can figure out your ISP and send you scary virus warnings that seem, at first glance, to come from your ISP.

Mediafire is looking a dangerous place to visit, from the type of adverts I saw. Be very careful.

I am not going to hassle the creator, but an official minimal update on Spacedock would be nice. Since you posted at the end of the original thread, I figure I can leave it all up to you [insert Muttley-style snicker].

++edited to add ++

The version currently on Mediafire has correct node parameters. Change JSITransparentPod to JSIAdvTransparent pod and er, that's it. The Panopticon does have a few frame lines that come-and-go

While there is the new buoyancy model, and generally changed temperature limits, I don't really see any point in trying to fix them, since these things are not something that would expect to need them. Who would try re-entry and splashdown in a perspex bubble ("No, Jebediah, just no!").

Suggest you take this up with @nli2work on his thread for those parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.