[1.12.x] JSI Advanced Transparent Pods (V0.1.24.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

I'm not sure, so I have to ask:

Is this mod incompatible to Texture Replacer (Replaced) ?

I have not seen a single transparent pod for days now ...

The last few days I used TRR.

I don't know. I use texture replacer (not replaced) and it works fine.

as per the OP. No logs = no support.

4 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I'm not sure, so I have to ask:

Is this mod incompatible to Texture Replacer (Replaced) ?

I have not seen a single transparent pod for days now ...

The last few days I used TRR.

I've had mixed results. Some of the USI parts like the Karibou and Otter cabs work fine in editor but show stock cut-away view in flight. Others like the Feline Utility Rover (pictured below) work perfectly.

Spoiler

• 5 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, mindseyemodels said:

what is that yellow shuttlecraft looking thing?

That's the Orbital Utility Vehicle mod - sadly not updated recently. Although there is a user submitted update for 1.2 that should still work in 1.3 (haven't tried it yet myself although I may add it to my current game once I've progressed a bit further in building up infrastructure).

On 6/27/2017 at 1:49 AM, Aelfhe1m said:

I've had mixed results. Some of the USI parts like the Karibou and Otter cabs work fine in editor but show stock cut-away view in flight. Others like the Feline Utility Rover (pictured below) work perfectly.

Reveal hidden contents

It's up to the mod author that made those parts to support this mod by ensuring their models are setup the way this mod expects it.

Otherwise, you will get unexpected results.

48 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

It's up to the mod author that made those parts to support this mod by ensuring their models are setup the way this mod expects it.

Otherwise, you will get unexpected results.

Of course. Sorry if I seemed to be implying otherwise. I wouldn't have mentioned the Karibou except that I could swear it used to work in an earlier version. But they do say that memory is one of the first things to go...

I'm having a problem with an OPT plane, so I was looking in my log. I didn't see any mention of OPT or MechJeb (the problem children) but I did see these two repeating over and over- I made a K-type OPT plane and one of the items being carried is a Procedural Parts tank, and it looks like JSI is having a problem figuring out where the PP tank's collider is:

[EXC 16:36:41.015] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	JSI.RPMVesselComputer.onVesselWasModified (.Vessel who)
	EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
	ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:OnPartColliderChanged()
	BaseEvent:Invoke(BaseEventDetails)
	Part:SendEvent(String, BaseEventDetails, Int32)
	ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractShape:ColliderChanged()
	ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractShape:RaiseModelAndColliderChanged()
	ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractSoRShape:WriteMeshes(LinkedList`1)
	ProceduralParts.ProceduralShapePill:UpdateShape(Boolean)
	ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractShape:OnUpdateEditor()
	ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:InitializeNodes()
	ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:DoInitialize()
	ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:OnInitialize()
	Part:InitializeModules()
	ShipConstruct:LoadShip(ConfigNode)
	ShipConstruction:LoadShip(String)
	FlightDriver:Start()
[ERR 16:36:41.020] Exception handling event onVesselWasModified in class RPMVesselComputer:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at JSI.RPMVesselComputer.onVesselWasModified (.Vessel who) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I have yet to see any game play issues, so not critical (I think), but it definitely looks like JSI and PP are not working and playing well together at the moment. If the above is useful, let me know if there's anything else you need. This is KSP 1.30 + OPT 2.01 + RPM 0.29 and Starwaster PP 1.2.12, all latest correct versions AFAIK.

2 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

I'm having a problem with an OPT plane, so I was looking in my log. I didn't see any mention of OPT or MechJeb (the problem children) but I did see these two repeating over and over- I made a K-type OPT plane and one of the items being carried is a Procedural Parts tank, and it looks like JSI is having a problem figuring out where the PP tank's collider is:

[EXC 16:36:41.015] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	JSI.RPMVesselComputer.onVesselWasModified (.Vessel who)
	EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
	ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:OnPartColliderChanged()
	BaseEvent:Invoke(BaseEventDetails)
	Part:SendEvent(String, BaseEventDetails, Int32)
	ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractShape:ColliderChanged()
	ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractShape:RaiseModelAndColliderChanged()
	ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractSoRShape:WriteMeshes(LinkedList`1)
	ProceduralParts.ProceduralShapePill:UpdateShape(Boolean)
	ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractShape:OnUpdateEditor()
	ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:InitializeNodes()
	ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:DoInitialize()
	ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:OnInitialize()
	Part:InitializeModules()
	ShipConstruct:LoadShip(ConfigNode)
	ShipConstruction:LoadShip(String)
	FlightDriver:Start()
[ERR 16:36:41.020] Exception handling event onVesselWasModified in class RPMVesselComputer:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at JSI.RPMVesselComputer.onVesselWasModified (.Vessel who) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I have yet to see any game play issues, so not critical (I think), but it definitely looks like JSI and PP are not working and playing well together at the moment. If the above is useful, let me know if there's anything else you need. This is KSP 1.30 + OPT 2.01 + RPM 0.29 and Starwaster PP 1.2.12, all latest correct versions AFAIK.

Except you've raised this in the wrong thread for the wrong mod. The message is from JSI RPM (Raster Prop Monitor) mod. Not this mod.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@JPLRepo Did you accomplish this via making a clone of the IVA in the normal layer, have the transparent mesh actually be a camera to the existing IVA layer, or something else?

I am trying to get the IVAs on stock parts to show all the time and setting the windows to transparent (so you can see inside, and use an actual unity light in the IVA when you turn on lights), but if I move the existing IVA objects out of the IVA layer it gets angry. (also having issues that the stock IVAs have parts that are actually outside of the model in which they reside, but that is a different matter)

6 hours ago, Electrocutor said:

@JPLRepo Did you accomplish this via making a clone of the IVA in the normal layer, have the transparent mesh actually be a camera to the existing IVA layer, or something else?

I am trying to get the IVAs on stock parts to show all the time and setting the windows to transparent (so you can see inside, and use an actual unity light in the IVA when you turn on lights), but if I move the existing IVA objects out of the IVA layer it gets angry. (also having issues that the stock IVAs have parts that are actually outside of the model in which they reside, but that is a different matter)

How is it done? Look at the code.
How to do parts that work with this mod? Look at the wiki page. https://github.com/JPLRepo/JSIAdvTransparentPods/wiki/JSIAdvTransparentPods

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Thanks for this great mod. I use almost all your mods. I've got a little bug to report about this one, though, which I haven't seen mentioned in the thread. (Apologies if it's a known issue.) 

From certain angles, this mod seems to make parts slightly transparent. It took me a while to narrow it down, but I've been able to reproduce it with only your mod. This is KSP 1.4.1 (with the DLC), Windows 64-bit, running under DirectX 9, with only JSI Advanced Transparent Pods V0.1.16.0 and Module Manger 3.0.6 installed. No other mods at all.

Here's a video to help illustrate the problem:

You can see the horizon and the planet through the pod from certain angles. At about 12 seconds in, you can see that this issue also affects the highlights on the RCS thrusters.

Output log is here if it's any use.

(Also, your instructions for getting support are a little out of date: the link to the mod page with instructions about it is broken, and on my Windows install at least, output_log.txt now resides in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\.)

11 hours ago, UnanimousCoward said:

Hi

Thanks for this great mod. I use almost all your mods. I've got a little bug to report about this one, though, which I haven't seen mentioned in the thread. (Apologies if it's a known issue.) 

From certain angles, this mod seems to make parts slightly transparent. It took me a while to narrow it down, but I've been able to reproduce it with only your mod. This is KSP 1.4.1 (with the DLC), Windows 64-bit, running under DirectX 9, with only JSI Advanced Transparent Pods V0.1.16.0 and Module Manger 3.0.6 installed. No other mods at all.

Here's a video to help illustrate the problem:

You can see the horizon and the planet through the pod from certain angles. At about 12 seconds in, you can see that this issue also affects the highlights on the RCS thrusters.

Output log is here if it's any use.

(Also, your instructions for getting support are a little out of date: the link to the mod page with instructions about it is broken, and on my Windows install at least, output_log.txt now resides in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\.)

very odd... curious to know.. did you actually try this with NO mods?? as in could be stock issue.

Yes, I did. I noticed it in a heavily modded game. Then I tried recreating it in just stock KSP. No issue. 

Then I added mods a few at a time until the effect occurred, and was able to pin it down to this one. I removed all the other mods, and the problem persists. 

Also, if I remove this mod from my other, modded game, the problem is gone. 

Edit: The issue only seems to manifest itself when the sun is shining directly on the part and reflecting off it.

Edited by UnanimousCoward

• 2 weeks later...

@UnanimousCoward

@JPLRepo

hi,

UnanimousCoward was right, this bug (with little transparencies of parts) exist even with some fuel tanks, and worst thing: with scatterer causes the disappearance of water!!! all water :( this is critical bug (on 1.4.2, on 1.4.1 is bad, but not too bad)

Edited by popos1

@JPLRepo @UnanimousCoward This bug becomes visible as soon as the IVA overlay is activated (tested with vanilla KSP). I already created an issue in the bug tracker for this here: https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/18031.
As this mod uses the stock overlay to work it is only logical that this bug appears here too.

Edited by Nils277

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I found an interesting bug on JSI Advanced Transparent Pods on KSP 1.4.1 for Mac, running on a Mac Mini Mid 2011 & MacOS Sierra.

When the camera is at one specific altitude, the Kerbin rendering became flawed, with some faces not rendered at all (see the picture below). I tested it on a plain vanilla KSP 1.4.1 installation, all in the default settings, on a plain new save in sandbox mode. Absolutely nothing changed, besides the plugin and the test craft (all stock parts).

The KSP.log from the testing session is here. The Player.log is here, and the craft "source" is here.

There's some in situ testing you need me to do? I'm the one with the offending machine, and this kind of error would be detected sooner if this would happen in anything but a exotic hardware configuration. :-)

sTeoNLkVShuYRxqNt3Rq-6ZKMvQ7aI9sYC-Si3Fn

Edited by Lisias
Adding some more data.