[1.12.x] JSI Advanced Transparent Pods (V0.1.24.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

3 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Thanks.
Most likely your are close (old, needs updating). I used to use these myself when I was developing JSI ATP. But have not for a while. Probably it  needs config and possibly model tweaks and changes.
Things like the black bar being invisible that will probably because the model does not have it's Overlay mesh setup to exclude that part of the mesh.
As for the blurred text. I have not noticed that. Can you give me a better idea of the problem and how to reproduce? Is the blurred text when it's in front of a transparent pod? what happens when it overlaps both the transparent pod part and the external environment? I'm trying to work out if that is a camera/layering issue or not.
also can you give me the current models and config files? and I can take a look at it.

When I launch the pod, all text in the game, even the mod BasicOrbit overlay hud, and Esc Menu, becomes blurred. Disappears if I enter the IVA screen and exit it. If you look in the last two pictures you can see the text is blurred in the box hovering in the top middle left of the screen. It makes no difference where the text is in relation to the pod. There is a picture of the text overlapping the pod in screenshot 3 above, and it appears to make no difference.

I should say I'm not 100% this is an ATP issue, but the only time I've seen it has been with these pods, and it's 100%. I should mention I see no errors or exceptions popping up at the time. The error I mentioned was in the editor.

I sent the files with my patches. Requires Module Manager to work; extract to GameData.:sticktongue::D

I suppose you're due a log, no? I'll see if I can get you one in a second. I don't know protocol on Windows, but do you prefer output_log or KSP.log?

3 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

When I launch the pod, all text in the game, even the mod BasicOrbit overlay hud, and Esc Menu, becomes blurred. Disappears if I enter the IVA screen and exit it. If you look in the last two pictures you can see the text is blurred in the box hovering in the top middle left of the screen. It makes no difference where the text is in relation to the pod. There is a picture of the text overlapping the pod in screenshot 3 above, and it appears to make no difference.

I should say I'm not 100% this is an ATP issue, but the only time I've seen it has been with these pods, and it's 100%. I should mention I see no errors or exceptions popping up at the time. The error I mentioned was in the editor.

I sent the files with my patches. Requires Module Manager to work; extract to GameData.:sticktongue::D

I suppose you're due a log, no? I'll see if I can get you one in a second. I don't know protocol on Windows, but do you prefer output_log or KSP.log?

Let me see if I can reproduce it myself first (the blurred text).. got me very curious. and I'll take a look at the part setup etc over the weekend coming. Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

So I completed a "Rendezvous" contract in a new savegame today, only to realize (rather, remember) with dismay that my kerbals couldn't wave to each other through the pod windows.

I installed this mod, removed the "noload" suffix from DisableTransparencyInEditor.cfg, and edited my savegame to add this module to my two stock Mk1 Command Pods that were in flight:

MODULE
{
	name = JSIAdvTransparentPod
	transparentPodSetting = ON
}

But the windows still weren't seethrough.

Then I patched the module into my stock mk1Pod.cfg file, with great results!

Spoiler

G6DfjO6.jpg

Hey, I know that guy!

One side effect; it makes more than just the windows transparent:

Spoiler

m8aMl0N.png

The skin flickers in and out depending on camera angle.  Has anyone made any magic beans to improve the look of stock parts using this mod?

Edited by Fwiffo

18 minutes ago, Fwiffo said:

So I completed a "Rendezvous" contract in a new savegame today, only to realize (rather, remember) with dismay that my kerbals couldn't wave to each other through the pod windows.

I installed this mod, removed the "noload" suffix from DisableTransparencyInEditor.cfg, and edited my savegame to add this module to my two stock Mk1 Command Pods that were in flight:

MODULE
{
	name = JSIAdvTransparentPod
	transparentPodSetting = ON
}

But the windows still weren't seethrough.

Then I patched the module into my stock mk1Pod.cfg file, with great results!

Reveal hidden contents

Hey, I know that guy!

One side effect; it makes more than just the windows transparent:

Reveal hidden contents

The skin flickers in and out depending on camera angle.  Has anyone made any magic beans to improve the look of stock parts using this mod?

You have to create new OverLayMasks for the stock parts to only allow the windows to be see through.
No one ever has.. as it's a fair bit of work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/12/2016 at 5:55 AM, Bill the Kerbal said:

So does this make just the windows transparent? Or is it like the stock overlay?

It does nothing unless another mod has been designed to use this mod.
It depends on how the other mod implements it.It can be just a simple overlay type setup like the stock ones (but depends again on the mod and what overlay they have created).
OR it can support proper shaded transparent windows, again depends on the mod using this mod.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello!

I love this mod, but I'm having a bit of trouble with it.

Specifically I've been getting a lot of crashes in the SPH/VAB. It took a while, but I think I've tracked it down to this mod.

I'm using @Nils277's Felix Utility Rover, and when I have Transparent Pod set to Always, it crashes to desktop frequently. I've used this rover with this mod before though without trouble, so I'm not sure why it just started recently.

To reproduce, go into the SPH, place a Lynx Cockpit, then turn Transparent Pod to Always, and move the camera around. After a few seconds, it crashes, at least for me.

Log and dump files zipped here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwzmApevAhiLTkk5RXpDd054ckU/view?usp=sharing

9 hours ago, FirroSeranel said:

Hello!

I love this mod, but I'm having a bit of trouble with it.

Specifically I've been getting a lot of crashes in the SPH/VAB. It took a while, but I think I've tracked it down to this mod.

I'm using @Nils277's Felix Utility Rover, and when I have Transparent Pod set to Always, it crashes to desktop frequently. I've used this rover with this mod before though without trouble, so I'm not sure why it just started recently.

To reproduce, go into the SPH, place a Lynx Cockpit, then turn Transparent Pod to Always, and move the camera around. After a few seconds, it crashes, at least for me.

Log and dump files zipped here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwzmApevAhiLTkk5RXpDd054ckU/view?usp=sharing

I think this is caused by Rasterpropmonitor or the ASET Props. Support for it was added in the last update. There seems to be many NRE's in JSI.RasterPropMonitorComputer.AddVariable. Specifically for AlarmOVERSPEED and OnAUTO_SPEEDBRAKE which is used by a prop from ASET. Do you have the ASET props installed?

Edited by Nils277

13 hours ago, Nils277 said:

I think this is caused by Rasterpropmonitor or the ASET Props. Support for it was added in the last update. There seems to be many NRE's in JSI.RasterPropMonitorComputer.AddVariable. Specifically for AlarmOVERSPEED and OnAUTO_SPEEDBRAKE which is used by a prop from ASET. Do you have the ASET props installed?

I do. I wouldn't be devastated if I had to uninstall it for a while until it's fixed, though, so I'll try that. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, 影之瑒 said:

May I ask that why I installed this mod but nothing happend?

What parts do you have that support it?  (It doesn't do anything by itself, it just provides abilities that modders can enable in their parts.)

2 hours ago, DStaal said:

What parts do you have that support it?  (It doesn't do anything by itself, it just provides abilities that modders can enable in their parts.)

well ,just some stock parts with Ven's stock part revamp Mod. does that influence it? Or,maybe the sequence of installed mods can influence the feature?

40 minutes ago, 影之瑒 said:

well ,just some stock parts with Ven's stock part revamp Mod. does that influence it? Or,maybe the sequence of installed mods can influence the feature?

this mod does nothing with stock parts. I also don't think Ven's stock parts use it either. which is why you see nothing.
Essentially any mod that does use this mod will tell you.

4 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

this mod does nothing with stock parts. I also don't think Ven's stock parts use it either. which is why you see nothing.
Essentially any mod that does use this mod will tell you.

I have understanded .May I ask that JSI only supprot  KPBS, DeepFreeze, Orbital Utility Vehicle these three Mods? does other mods support this? it's so pretty that if JSI can only support these thress,that will be a pity

1 minute ago, 影之瑒 said:

I have understanded .May I ask that JSI only supprot  KPBS, DeepFreeze, Orbital Utility Vehicle these three Mods? does other mods support this? it's so pretty that if JSI can only support these thress,that will be a pity

Lots do.. I don't have a list.
I know another of mine Endurance, and I know som eof Roverdue's and there are numerous more.

• 1 month later...

@JPLRepo This mod seems to be breaking my transparent windows, it turns them all black, i can only recreate the issue with JSI installed. Before i do any further digging/investigation and put up a full bug report i wanted to just check this wasn't a known problem. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is and you can point me in the right direction (my mod has no JSI configs). Cheers

VOcAHLn.png

2 hours ago, dboi88 said:

@JPLRepo This mod seems to be breaking my transparent windows, it turns them all black, i can only recreate the issue with JSI installed. Before i do any further digging/investigation and put up a full bug report i wanted to just check this wasn't a known problem. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is and you can point me in the right direction (my mod has no JSI configs). Cheers

VOcAHLn.png

Sorry but not enough info. Not encountered this but I have no info on what I am looking at. You have a mod that had transparent Windows? How is that achieved. I would think you are looking at an incompatibility depending on what your mod is doing. I don't consider it a bug with JSIATP but more likely an incompatibility as I said.

29 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Sorry but not enough info. Not encountered this but I have no info on what I am looking at. You have a mod that had transparent Windows? How is that achieved. I would think you are looking at an incompatibility depending on what your mod is doing. I don't consider it a bug with JSIATP but more likely an incompatibility as I said.

Ohh I know its not enough info I just didn't want to investigate any further if it was a known issue with a known solution. As it's not I'll put together a full report.

I'd also agree that it's an incompatibility issue rather than a bug. Apologies if that wasn't clear to begin with.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.