[1.12.x] JSI Advanced Transparent Pods (V0.1.24.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

Now that KSP 1.2 Prerelease is out, PLEASE do not expect mods to be updated quickly.  
Prerelease is for the purpose of further debugging, and gives us modders an opportunity to see the new code and work with it.  
Since prerelease is typically a moving target, I will not be releasing any "official" release of my mods until KSP goes Full 1.2 Release itself.
Sorry to disappoint you all, but I do not have the free time to be continually updating and releasing while 1.2 is still a moving target.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

neet you guys can plug into the game difficulty dialog now? Very slick

Yep. Works in game (save loaded) as well through the settings - difficulty UI as well.

Edited by JPLRepo

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2016 at 1:15 PM, edemlama said:

Excuse my ignorance, but how do I write an MM file to add this to all stock parts?

Download OUV and see how it was added to the pod in that mod. And then write your own patch for those parts you want to add it to.  I would start with one part and take it from there.

I only recently added this but have been using DeepFreeze for a while, still playing 1.1.3 with relevent mod versions for now.

I have a ship to which It appears to be trying to apply the transparent texture to the cryopod but failing because the area to be made transparent is obstructed by another part. It keeps on trying however (often when I rotate the ship?) and makes a rather annoying clunking sound every time it tries and fails.

Is there a way to permanently disable it's attempts at applying the transparency on this particular ship? Perhaps by editing the save file? 

I could probably resolve by just removing this plugin but that would be a shame, I'd rather not if possible!

3 hours ago, Bishop149 said:

I only recently added this but have been using DeepFreeze for a while, still playing 1.1.3 with relevent mod versions for now.

I have a ship to which It appears to be trying to apply the transparent texture to the cryopod but failing because the area to be made transparent is obstructed by another part. It keeps on trying however (often when I rotate the ship?) and makes a rather annoying clunking sound every time it tries and fails.

Is there a way to permanently disable it's attempts at applying the transparency on this particular ship? Perhaps by editing the save file? 

I could probably resolve by just removing this plugin but that would be a shame, I'd rather not if possible!

Right click the part and push the transparent part button until it says "OFF"

8 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Right click the part and push the transparent part button until it says "OFF"

Yeah, the button keeps appearing and disappearing as it tries and fails to apply the transparency. I tried to catch it but it appears for a less than a second.

I was hoping I could set whatever state it toggles via another means. 

5 minutes ago, Bishop149 said:

Yeah, the button keeps appearing and disappearing as it tries and fails to apply the transparency. I tried to catch it but it appears for a less than a second.

I was hoping I could set whatever state it toggles via another means. 

Is this the Cry-0300 with the doors that open and close? Single kerbal pod?
You could go into your save file and remove this from that part/vessel (make sure you back up your save first):

Spoiler

MODULE
    {
        name = JSIAdvTransparentPod                    
    }

I've had a few people advise me there may be an issue with the occlusion checker/code for this mod. So it's on my list to investigate.

Edited by JPLRepo

This mod seems to be having problems with 1.2. It tends to want to make what ever command part is the root, ant farm view. Clicking that ant view button has no effect other then to make the rest of the craft ant farm view.

V0.1.9.0 published.
This fixes an issue where part triggers (like ladders, hatches, internal cameras) where causing JSIATP to think the part had something in front of it and was turning off the transparency feature when it shouldn't have been.

On 20/10/2016 at 5:18 AM, Bishop149 said:

Yeah that's the one, single kerbal, inline pod.

I give that edit a whirl and report back. Cheers 

Can you try with V0.1.9.0? oh. only if you have updated to KSP1.2.

On 20/10/2016 at 9:28 AM, Vorg said:

This mod seems to be having problems with 1.2. It tends to want to make what ever command part is the root, ant farm view. Clicking that ant view button has no effect other then to make the rest of the craft ant farm view.

Sorry missed this. I just noticed this as well.
Looking into it.

On 20/10/2016 at 9:28 AM, Vorg said:

I think I know what is going on here.
Can you change your vessel's type from Plane to Ship and confirm the issue goes away?
(You can change your vessel type in Map View by clicking the info button on the right side then double clicking the vessels name).

8 hours ago, AmpCat said:

Anyone have a quick list of which mods support this? I saw the note about DeepFreeze, a tug and a colony mod. Any others? Stock parts?

the tug mod is OrbitalTug.

The Colony Mod is Kerbal Planetary Base Systems.

there are others. anywhere you see transparent glass, probably uses this.

I believe RoverDude is transitioning some of his pieces to use this; pretty sure they did at one point in the past (karibou, etc).

ASET used it, the Transparent  pods mod used it.

Stock parts don't.

@JPLRepo Firstly, congrats on becoming Staff.

Secondly, I have some questions. I'm working on updating the Transparent Pods mod which used the old form of the TransparentPods plugin. It came with the transparentTransforms listed for the pods, so I simply converted the old to the new, and it more or less worked. Except it's causing strange behavior.

Exhibit A) a picture that lost its aspect ratio, but also one which shows the pod as it more or less should look, in the VAB

OOuCZvlg.jpg

Exhibit B) Note the blurry text which seems to occur whenever I try to use this transparent pod feature with these pods. But also note the black circular bar, how it's whole.
70UMLGAg.jpg

Exhibit C) Depending on the angle of viewing, portions of what should not be transparent become invisible (not just transparent), such as the black bar here - I believe it's to show off the kerbal inside. I thought this picture would should it, but I guess not, but I "fixed" the blurry text by going into IVA mode and exiting it once, that seemed to reset things.
AMbIXtKg.jpg

I also get this NRE when I load the pod into the editor. My guess is I need more than the one transparentTransforms field I'm using (after looking through the wiki).
[JSIVariableLabel]: Start failed with exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at JSI.JSIVariableLabel.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Since it's an older mod, my guess is it simply doesn't conform to the modern standard.

Thoughts?

Edited by Deimos Rast

57 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

@JPLRepo Firstly, congrats on becoming Staff.

Secondly, I have some questions. I'm working on updating the Transparent Pods mod which used the old form of the TransparentPods plugin. It came with the transparentTransforms listed for the pods, so I simply converted the old to the new, and it more or less worked. Except it's causing strange behavior.

Exhibit A) a picture that lost its aspect ratio, but also one which shows the pod as it more or less should look, in the VAB

OOuCZvlg.jpg

Exhibit B) Note the blurry text which seems to occur whenever I try to use this transparent pod feature with these pods. But also note the black circular bar, how it's whole.
70UMLGAg.jpg

Exhibit C) Depending on the angle of viewing, portions of what should not be transparent become invisible (not just transparent), such as the black bar here - I believe it's to show off the kerbal inside. I thought this picture would should it, but I guess not, but I "fixed" the blurry text by going into IVA mode and exiting it once, that seemed to reset things.
AMbIXtKg.jpg

I also get this NRE when I load the pod into the editor. My guess is I need more than the one transparentTransforms field I'm using (after looking through the wiki).

[JSIVariableLabel]: Start failed with exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at JSI.JSIVariableLabel.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Since it's an older mod, my guess is it simply doesn't conform to the modern standard.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Most likely your are close (old, needs updating). I used to use these myself when I was developing JSI ATP. But have not for a while. Probably it  needs config and possibly model tweaks and changes.
Things like the black bar being invisible that will probably because the model does not have it's Overlay mesh setup to exclude that part of the mesh.
As for the blurred text. I have not noticed that. Can you give me a better idea of the problem and how to reproduce? Is the blurred text when it's in front of a transparent pod? what happens when it overlaps both the transparent pod part and the external environment? I'm trying to work out if that is a camera/layering issue or not.
also can you give me the current models and config files? and I can take a look at it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.