[1.12.x] JSI Advanced Transparent Pods (V0.1.24.0) 12th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

• 4 weeks later...

How exactly do I get this mod to work?. I hovered my curser over the item and nothing shows up (I tried to get it to work both in hanger and also on launch pad and in flight.). I right click it and nothing shows up. there is no tab in game to activate it. I'm not sure if what I'm having is an error or simply my own stupidity :(. 

Edited by crystalkalem

On 11/24/2018 at 12:30 AM, crystalkalem said:

How exactly do I get this mod to work?. I hovered my curser over the item and nothing shows up (I tried to get it to work both in hanger and also on launch pad and in flight.). I right click it and nothing shows up. there is no tab in game to activate it. I'm not sure if what I'm having is an error or simply my own stupidity :(. 

58 minutes ago, mrvice said:

does not work in 1.5.1

no pod is showing up at all, 
no parts showing up at all.

Read the OP.  This does nothing by itself, it is there for OTHER mod to use

• 5 weeks later...

Is there a list somewhere of what mods use this mod? I think I spot a Deep Freeze Pod in the OP image, but I don't recognize the other pods.

Ok Tried looking in CKAN, but there is no way to search for Dependencies.

So I tried doing a text search in the CKAN registry.json

It looks like the only CKAN mods which list "jsi advanced transparent pods" as a dependency or suggested are:

• Endurance (from Interstellar) Continued...
  • Keridian Dynamics - Vessel Assembly
  • RasterPropMonitor

SO maybe it wasn't a Deep Freeze pod.

There may be other mods, not on CKAN, or that support it, but dont list it as a dependency or suggested mod.

Edited by BlackHat
Update

2 hours ago, BlackHat said:

Is there a list somewhere of what mods use this mod? I think I spot a Deep Freeze Pod in the OP image, but I don't recognize the other pods.

Ok Tried looking in CKAN, but there is no way to search for Dependencies.

So I tried doing a text search in the CKAN registry.json

It looks like the only CKAN mods which list "jsi advanced transparent pods" as a dependency or suggested are:

• Endurance (from Interstellar) Continued...
  • Keridian Dynamics - Vessel Assembly
  • RasterPropMonitor

SO maybe it wasn't a Deep Freeze pod.

There may be other mods, not on CKAN, or that support it, but dont list it as a dependency or suggested mod.

There are others. KPBS and roverdudes mods and there were others. I wouldn’t be relying on the CKAN mod for this information.

• 1 month later...

@JPLRepo

There is an issue with the KSP/Unity cameras which I had and the solution was suggested by @Starwaster.  The issue was that when a mod created a new camera, regardless of whether it was used or not, some parts became semitransparent in certain situations.

It's a one-line fix, I've already fixed it in PWB Fuel Balancer, NavHud and Kerbal Flight Indicators.

And now its this mod's turn :-)

I've sent you a PR on github to fix the problem 

In the meantime, there is a totally unofficial build on github with the fix, available here: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/JSIAdvTransparentPods/releases/tag/V0.1.17.0-unofficial

Removed by request of the author

Edited by linuxgurugamer

26 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@JPLRepo

There is an issue with the KSP/Unity cameras which I had and the solution was suggested by @Starwaster.  The issue was that when a mod created a new camera, regardless of whether it was used or not, some parts became semitransparent in certain situations.

It's a one-line fix, I've already fixed it in PWB Fuel Balancer, NavHud and Kerbal Flight Indicators.

And now its this mod's turn :-)

I've sent you a PR on github to fix the problem 

In the meantime, there is a totally unofficial build on github with the fix, available here: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/JSIAdvTransparentPods/releases/tag/V0.1.17.0-unofficial

I’d prefer you didn’t release builds of my mod thanks. Especially for such a minor problem.

I can confirm that the latest version also works in v1.6.0, more or less. 

I did experience a glitch with one old mod, transparent parts were shown as bright magenta. The mods used the transparentTransforms setting in the part.cfg, and commenting that out gave me a transparent window. It could be considered a little too transparent, but it works. Also, you need to check this on the launch pad or runway.

I can see that old mod failing at some point, but it also currently works OK with transparency switched off. It's one of several older mods that are still usable, and useful.

This is one of several tools for which I have been waiting for a v1.6.1 version, but I'm still working through a v1.6.0 game, and this is a workable, though imperfect, option.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2019 at 8:43 PM, Wolf Baginski said:

I can confirm that the latest version also works in v1.6.0, more or less. 

I did experience a glitch with one old mod, transparent parts were shown as bright magenta. The mods used the transparentTransforms setting in the part.cfg, and commenting that out gave me a transparent window. It could be considered a little too transparent, but it works. Also, you need to check this on the launch pad or runway. 

I can see that old mod failing at some point, but it also currently works OK with transparency switched off. It's one of several older mods that are still usable, and useful.

This is one of several tools for which I have been waiting for a v1.6.1 version, but I'm still working through a v1.6.0 game, and this is a workable, though imperfect, option. 

Try this:

in the part.cfg file for the parts you are having problems add the transparentShaderName line as follows:

MODULE
	{
		name = JSIAdvTransparentPod	
		transparentShaderName = Legacy Shaders/Transparent/Diffuse
	}

Seems the Old Transparent Specular shader is no longer being distributed with KSP.
Let me know how that goes, and if it works I will release an update with the fix so that this shader is the default.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm working on updating  the ERS rover from ASET.  It has the following config:

MODULE
{
   transparentTransforms = CabineGlassBottomLeftSide|CabineGlassBottomRightSide|CabineGlassCentre|CabineGlassLefSide|CabineGlassLeftSide|CabineGlassLowCenter|CabineGlassLowRightSide|CabineGlassRightSide|CabineGlassTop
}

It's an odd rover, the front has lots of glass as you can see.  The glass is actually a shade of rust-brown without this mod.

Externally everything works, the glass is transparent

When I go into IVA, it's just the rust-brown again.

I tried adding a line to get the following config:

MODULE
{
   transparentTransforms = CabineGlassBottomLeftSide|CabineGlassBottomRightSide|CabineGlassCentre|CabineGlassLefSide|CabineGlassLeftSide|CabineGlassLowCenter|CabineGlassLowRightSide|CabineGlassRightSide|CabineGlassTop
	restoreShadersOnIVA = false
}

which should have (according to the wiki) not restored the shaders, but it didn't do anything.  So what else do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks in advance

14 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm working on updating  the ERS rover from ASET.  It has the following config:

MODULE
{
}

It's an odd rover, the front has lots of glass as you can see.  The glass is actually a shade of rust-brown without this mod.

Externally everything works, the glass is transparent

When I go into IVA, it's just the rust-brown again.

I tried adding a line to get the following config:

MODULE
{
	restoreShadersOnIVA = false
}

which should have (according to the wiki) not restored the shaders, but it didn't do anything.  So what else do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks in advance

You might try 

MODULE
	{
		transparentShaderName = Legacy Shaders/Transparent/ERSGlassDiffuse
	}

but for me it was still buggy

10 hours ago, Mecripp said:

You might try 

MODULE
	{
		transparentShaderName = Legacy Shaders/Transparent/ERSGlassDiffuse
	}

but for me it was still buggy

Shaders have to be in resource files, don't they?  I added that "transparentShaderName" line, and got an error:

8/3/2019 11:05:20 AM,JSIAdvTransparentPods,transpartShader Legacy Shaders/Transparent/ERSGlassDiffuse not found.

What am I missing here?  

The end result was that all the glass parts were bright pink/purple, an indication of a missing texture

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Shaders have to be in resource files, don't they?  I added that "transparentShaderName" line, and got an error:

8/3/2019 11:05:20 AM,JSIAdvTransparentPods,transpartShader Legacy Shaders/Transparent/ERSGlassDiffuse not found.

What am I missing here?  

The end result was that all the glass parts were bright pink/purple, an indication of a missing texture

It should have worked with just 

MODULE
	{
		transparentShaderName = Legacy Shaders/Transparent/Diffuse
        transparentTransforms = CabineGlassBottomLeftSide|CabineGlassBottomRightSide|CabineGlassCentre|CabineGlassLefSide|CabineGlassLeftSide|  CabineGlassLowCenter|CabineGlassLowRightSide|CabineGlassRightSide|CabineGlassTop
	}

but in ksp 1.7.3 it didn't work at all so I added the name of the texture to it like in the first post to get it to work but the windows are pink when its off then on the whole top of rover is transparent hope we can get a fix soon.