Hello from a lawyer who dreams of being an engineer

seaotterFTW

Hi everyone ! I'm Mel and I'm from France where I'm in law school. I have been fascinated about space and video games so naturally, I bought Kerbal a few weeks ago and i'm finally getting around to really play it seriously ! 

And I'm sure this forum will be very useful, I have been playing around in the game and I love the fact that it's actually pretty detailed and you have to really think about everything you're doing. 

Anyway, if you guys have any advice for a beginner, I would love to hear them :) Thanks ! 

Funny, I went to school with people who trained as engineers and became lawyers.  

Don't forget to ask if nothing makes sense. My recommendation is to play a bit in both the sandbox and career at the same time. And don't be afraid to crash the heck out things. Failures direct learning better than successes.

Hello from a soon-to-be engineer who made a guest-appearance as a lawyer! Well, in @Kuzzter's comic, that is. You should check it out, and take a look at his first one, too.

There are a ton of other people here from France, like our favorite enfezzeled moderator, @DuoDex. IIRC, we even have a French-language subforum, too! And we have some lawyers, as well. Don't ask me who, though- I don't know. :)

Your English is excellent, by the way.

Welcome Aboard!

Thanks from the warm welcome everyone ! I'm gonna go check out the tutorial section (as well as the french-language subforum :) ). 

54 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Hello from a soon-to-be engineer who made a guest-appearance as a lawyer! Well, in @Kuzzter's comic, that is. You should check it out, and take a look at his first one, too.

There are a ton of other people here from France, like our favorite enfezzeled moderator, @DuoDex. IIRC, we even have a French-language subforum, too! And we have some lawyers, as well. Don't ask me who, though- I don't know. :)

Your English is excellent, by the way.

Welcome Aboard!

Thank you for complimenting my english ! I lived in England for a year a couple of years ago :) 

I would recommend to start with stock, then slowly work your way up to-

"Let me guess, to Realism Overhaul?"

Well, yes, I was actually about to say that...

"Of course, Matuchkin. You say that to every new guy here."

Anyway-

"Just shut up already."

Edited by Matuchkin

9 hours ago, seaotterFTW said:

Hi everyone ! I'm Mel and I'm from France where I'm in law school. I have been fascinated about space and video games so naturally, I bought Kerbal a few weeks ago and i'm finally getting around to really play it seriously ! 

And I'm sure this forum will be very useful, I have been playing around in the game and I love the fact that it's actually pretty detailed and you have to really think about everything you're doing. 

Anyway, if you guys have any advice for a beginner, I would love to hear them :) Thanks ! 

Don't forget to share your exprencie the first time you land on  Mun !! :D

GET MECHJEBBBBB. It will help you so much in getting to orbit in your early days, and is one of the easiest to use autopilot mods out there. It is also fairly easy to wean yourself off of once you get the hang of the game.