[removed]

AliceTheGorgon

19 hours ago, fourfa said:

Let's say someone emptied all the monoprop from their spaceship before launch (by habit - no docking required on the mission), went to space, did a quick EVA and accidentally let go of the ship...  What would you do next? Asking for a friend

Send up a rescue mission, I try to play as realistically as possible. so i have a pre eva check

50 minutes ago, AliceTheGorgon said:

Whoops. I meant to recompile the mod sooner, but managed to completely forget to do it when I got home monday.
Sorry about that.

The mod has now been recompiled for KIS v1.2.11

Right-click the command pod the kerbal is in, select their inventory, then right-click the EVA fuel tank and select refill.

I tested it before the recompile, and it seemed to work? Any reason why this is? The version for KIS 1.2.10 worked worked with KIS 1.2.11?...

5 hours ago, ultraviolet150 said:

Send up a rescue mission, I try to play as realistically as possible. so i have a pre eva check

Without EVA fuel, there is zero orientation control of the Kerbal.  Ever tried docking with a spinning, tumbling target ship with zero attitude control?  Not so simple.  Same problem here (actually worse, because no magnetic port)

Maybe I'll try a cargo bay capture, then work out the details from there. Or actually - getting a command chair within right-click range might not require orientation control...

9 hours ago, AliceTheGorgon said:

Did the KIS EVA tanks actually use up monopropellant to refill?
This mod is split into two plugins so that the basic stuff will still work even when a new KIS version comes out, and only the KIS integration will break.
So unless the KIS team pulled off some techno-wizardry with the 1.2.11 release, the KIS EVA tanks should have been refilling for free before the recompile (Since KSP is extremely picky about .dll version dependencies).

Edit: You can put the kis-compat dll in the KIS/Plugins folder to get around KSP's very specific version requirements, though, if you don't want to have to wait for me to recompile it for each new KIS version.
I wouldn't recommend this for general use though, as it could lead to issues if you ever update the mod and forget to remove the old .dll.

Ah okay, looking back again, it seems as though they werent using monoprop to refill.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@AliceTheGorgon 

I put in a mod request in the other forum that was inspired by EVAFuel. To be clear I do not expect you to make this at all, but I thought it made sense to drop a link to the actual mod author, in case he or she might be interested in incorporating such a feature.  

Again. Not a request or a demand or anything of that nature. More of a feature brainstorming, that I'm sure you've already thought of at some point in development.

And in any case, thank you for EVAFuel - its a must have for me!

2 hours ago, AliceTheGorgon said:

I'll poke around a bit and see if I can add a more visible warning when EVAing without any fuel. The current one is definitely too easy to miss for something so important.

That sounds fantastic. If its easier, someone in the thread I linked mentioned giving all 'seats'  a minimum of 5 monoprop. So that way you won't get surprised, and you have enough monoprop for 1 eva which is fairly realistic. 

Either way I will now be quiet and patient. Thank you for the response!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this mod, or can it be made, compatible with parts mods that add command modules, e.g. MKS or KW Rocketry? I'm afraid to try it because I don't want my kerbals to get locked in due to the lack of monoprop storage. If I add monoprop tanks to such modules, will it solve the problem?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.