Recommended Posts

Kerbals will pull monoprop from anywhere on the ship.  I routinely zero out command pod RCS and add it back near the CoM, when I'm trying to get ships that don't move CoM during flight. No problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, thanks for your mod, this feature should really be stock. I see you posted an issue on github about making resources configurable. Since I need that for my play (I replace Monop by Hydrazine), I checked how to do it and learned from other mods. I can do it for you if you allow me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shinsaka said:

Hello, thanks for your mod, this feature should really be stock. I see you posted an issue on github about making resources configurable. Since I need that for my play (I replace Monop by Hydrazine), I checked how to do it and learned from other mods. I can do it for you if you allow me.

FYI astronauts would never use hydrazine for their EVA packs (it's very toxic and explodey). Current EVA packs use compressed nitrogen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

FYI astronauts would never use hydrazine for their EVA packs (it's very toxic and explodey). Current EVA packs use compressed nitrogen. 

Thanks for this information! That means if I want to be realistic, I will need the nitrogen resource on command pods to use with EvaFuel, and hydrazine will be only for RCS. Interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shinsaka said:

Thanks for this information! That means if I want to be realistic, I will need the nitrogen resource on command pods to use with EvaFuel, and hydrazine will be only for RCS. Interesting.

No problem! I'm a bit of a space nerd and love sharing info. Using hydrazine would give them a higher deltaV on the packs (the old MMU's had 25m/s and the current SAFER's have 3m/s) but it's too dangerous to justify the risk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/01/2017 at 10:31 AM, AliceTheGorgon said:

Okay, version 1.3 is out, featuring configurable fuel types and such.
Massive thanks to @Shinsaka for the help!

You're welcome :) And the conversion ratio is a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-01-13 at 5:50 AM, AliceTheGorgon said:

Edit: Important note, Mk1 Crew Cabins apparently have full resources, so they don't get recognized as rescue contract ships. For now, you'll probably need manually remove their resources by editing the save file in order to make things work.

I'm working on a better solution, but it may take a little while.

 

I love to (ab)use the rescue missions. In my new playthrough I just queued up three rescue from LKO missions, cobbled together a little rescue shot with three open slots and found... three Mk1 Crew Cabin rescues up there. ;.;

I just EVAd each refugee, saved, patched a single unit EVA fuel resource onto them in the file, reloaded and carried on. Not a big deal but it would be nice to get this resolved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Question_Mark said:

Could you make it so that Kerbals start-out with a full tank every launch?

The point of this mod is that kerbal use the same propellant as your ship (monopropellant by default). If you want your kerbals starting out with a full tank you need to have enough propellant for them on your ship. For example, by default, you need : number of kerbal * 5 unit of monoprop

@AliceTheGorgon I like the warning message you add in the last version, but, could you make it so it doesn't appear when the craft the kerbal disembark is landed ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be possible to use MM to create a .cfg that adds a small (5 unit) monoprop tank to every command pod that doesn't already store monoprop, and make it empty by default, so that there is somewhere to store EVA fuel when a kerbal enters one of these pods?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Errol said:

Would it be possible to use MM to create a .cfg that adds a small (5 unit) monoprop tank to every command pod that doesn't already store monoprop, and make it empty by default, so that there is somewhere to store EVA fuel when a kerbal enters one of these pods?

Yes it is. Give me 15 29 min and I'll see what I can whip up.

Edited by TheRagingIrishman
took longer than expected

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Errol said:

Would it be possible to use MM to create a .cfg that adds a small (5 unit) monoprop tank to every command pod that doesn't already store monoprop, and make it empty by default, so that there is somewhere to store EVA fuel when a kerbal enters one of these pods?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lyv3gs3c3pcf177/5mono4all.cfg?dl=1 Gives an empty 5 unit monoprop tank to all crewed parts (stock or modded) that don't have any monoprop to start with. To use simply place anywhere within /GameData and make sure you have ModuleManager installed.

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wicked. Thank you so much. You should ping  AliceTheGorgon so they can put it in the OP and remove the known issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/01/2017 at 9:30 AM, Li0n said:

@AliceTheGorgon I like the warning message you add in the last version, but, could you make it so it doesn't appear when the craft the kerbal disembark is landed ?

Totally unofficial, but while giving time to @AliceTheGorgon to update, this seems to work (KSP 1.2.2 x64): -link removed (built on outdated version)-

@AliceTheGorgon: I included the source in the download. So if you want to take a look (the changes are only in EvaFuelManager.cs) and incorporate the changes in your release, please feel free! No credits needed.

Thank you for this awesome little mod! :wink:

Edited by dueb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Errol said:

Wicked. Thank you so much. You should ping  AliceTheGorgon so they can put it in the OP and remove the known issue.

How is it working? Have you tried it with any modded parts? (I tested it for like 30 sec by looking at 2 stock parts and want to make sure everything is good before submitting to Alice for official release)

 

EDIT: Just had a thought. Do you want me to make it so that for each Kerbal the part can hold than the part gets 5 monoprop storage? (Mk1CrewCabin would get 10 storage, Cupola would get 5 storage)

Edited by TheRagingIrishman
had an idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

How is it working? Have you tried it with any modded parts? (I tested it for like 30 sec by looking at 2 stock parts and want to make sure everything is good before submitting to Alice for official release)

 

EDIT: Just had a thought. Do you want me to make it so that for each Kerbal the part can hold than the part gets 5 monoprop storage? (Mk1CrewCabin would get 10 storage, Cupola would get 5 storage)

That's a good idea, I hadn't thought of that. I'm a busy at the moment, unable to load up a game and test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Errol said:

Wicked. Thank you so much. You should ping  AliceTheGorgon so they can put it in the OP and remove the known issue.

I don't get what's the known issue?

Edited by fourfa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/04/2016 at 10:05 AM, AliceTheGorgon said:

Known issues:

  • Entering a ship that has no monoprop storage causes the EVA fuel to vanish into the ether.
  • Mk1 Crew Cabins have full resources, apparently, so the kerbal exiting doesn't get any rescue fuel. :/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dueb said:

Totally unofficial, but while giving time to @AliceTheGorgon to update, this seems to work (KSP 1.2.2 x64): https://www.dropbox.com/s/hk4doues2foz5b4/EvaFuel_1.4.0_WarningMsgPatch.zip?dl=0

@AliceTheGorgon: I included the source in the download. So if you want to take a look (the changes are only in EvaFuelManager.cs) and incorporate the changes in your release, please feel free! No credits needed.

Thank you for this awesome little mod! :wink:

Thank you but I can't download it, I just got a blank page... (I've a very crappy internet connection this morning, I'll retry later).

For the source code, could you do a pull request for it ? I think it will be easier for AliceTheGorgon to review/integrate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Li0n said:

Thank you but I can't download it, I just got a blank page... (I've a very crappy internet connection this morning, I'll retry later).

For the source code, could you do a pull request for it ? I think it will be easier for AliceTheGorgon to review/integrate it.

Well, I guess I can do that. But keep in mind I'm not 100% sure it's the right way to do it.

Edit: Done. Oh and btw, I'll remove the download link since I noticed it was built on an outdated version.

Edited by dueb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13.01.2017 at 3:50 PM, AliceTheGorgon said:

I was able to find out how to make a simple pop-up dialog, so there's now a much more visible warning when trying to EVA with low fuel, instead of just the tiny green text right below the altimeter.

Hmm... Can it be optional?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.