[1.1.1 x64] Steam overlay not working in 64-bit?

I am having trouble getting KSP to launch with the Steam overlay in 64-bit mode. I am running a clean install of 1.1.1, Steam version (obviously), on Windows 10. 

So far I have tried three different methods of launching KSP 64-bit:

1) Selecting "Launch KSP (64-bit)" when launching the game normally through Steam.

2) Editing the launch options. I have tried using two different commands

Spoiler

KSP_x64%command%

-and-

"C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64.exe" %command%

3) Adding KSP_x64.exe to Steam as a non-Steam game. (Note: Adding KSP.exe as a non-steam game successfully launches 32-bit KSP with the Steam overlay enabled)

None of these methods have launched KSP with the Steam overlay enabled. I have double checked that the overlay is enabled both in the general Steam settings and the individual game settings. 

So, anyone have any other ideas for work-arounds? Normally this would be a minor annoyance but I have been trying to set up KSP with my new Steam Controller, which unfortunately requires the overlay to function. 

Edited by silent_prtoagonist
Accidentally hitting post early tom-foolery...

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.