Your Best Acronyms!

Ultimate Steve

I was quite proud of the S.E.A.L -- the Single Ejection Affordable Launcher, a recoverable SSTO with no decouplers but the one for the payload.

Of course, it couldn't carry a very large payload, so I built the S.E.A.L.I.O.N. The Single Ejection Affordable Launcher Inconvenient Object editioN.

I seem to recall using WALRUS as an acronym for something in that same career game, but I can't for the life of me remember what it stood for.

[ Personnel ingress/egress for the Kython K-Wing SSTO ]

eX2aH9C.png

BobDown We won’t be able to open the passenger doors!

Bill You don’t need doors. We load Neophyte Orbital Material Scientists (NOMS) up this ladder through the Manned Access Way (MAW), then they slide into the General Utility Transport (GUT) section for the ride to orbit. After Jeb docks with the station, they slide out the rear port here.

JebDownPass That seems... wrong somehow.

TOSSER = Tenebris Orbital Science Station (erratic rotation). For some reason some of the RCS jets fire, causing the station to spin, whenever the RCS is activated. I have the interns working on a replacement module so I can fix this issue as soon as possible.

TOFPFS = Trouble On Faraway Planets Fixer Ship

NOMS (same as @Torquimedes) = Nano Orbital Manuvering System, which is used to assemble stations like TOSSER up there. Its an unnamed RCS assembly probe.

1 hour ago, Avonix said:

TOSSER = Tenebris Orbital Science Station (erratic rotation). For some reason some of the RCS jets fire, causing the station to spin, whenever the RCS is activated. I have the interns working on a replacement module so I can fix this issue as soon as possible.

Sounds like you have trim applied.

(Alt or shift) - X to clear that depending on your system.

MPUS: Multi-Purpose Utility Shuttle, a mash-up of an overgrown Turbo-dactyl (custom X-20 Dyna-soar) with a Sarnus 1/1c from BDB, ala Saturn-Shuttle.

FUSS: Flexible Utility Space Shuttle: STS built using Cormorant Aeronology.

OCV: Orbital Crew Vehicle, originally based off of Orion, became CST-100 after Puff was added.

OREO: Orbital Rescue & Exploration Outpost, could be used as a space station or as an upgrade to the OCV Service Module.

Edited by awsumindyman
Posted on mobile. 'nuff said

1 hour ago, suicidejunkie said:

Sounds like you have trim applied.

(Alt or shift) - X to clear that depending on your system.

Thanks but its not that (i actually didn't know about that feature) but its a persistant issue. Whenever I load the vessel it does it.

• 4 years later...

REAPER- Rocket Engine Assisted spacePlane ExpeRimentations

My first attempt at an SSTO plane. A miserable failure, all of the three test flights ended in miserable failure. First flight, Val set out to try how far the plane could go. It lost stability at aroun 300 m/s when i tried to turn, Val jumped out with her parachute. Same thing with the second flight but it was Jeb who flew it. With the third flight Podfield Kerman tried to fly it around the KSC, but i lost control. The plane crashed to the ground and exploded. RIP Podfield

RETRO- REusable Two-stage ROcket. Basically a Starship replica with a few quirks.

APEXR- Autonomous Planetary EXploration Rover. A crewed exploration rover wich has an mk2 lander can (rover variant) in the front, an mk1 lander can in the middle as an airlock, science stuff at the back, and batteries at the bottom. And yes, of course it has wheels.

Edited by Maria Sirona
Added APEXR

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.