[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

Lets all take a moment and look at this beauty @blackrack Also thanks again for making this all possible :D 

So, if all goes as planned this should be released tomorrow! Fingers crossed! 

Last photo album till release... i swear! 

Edited by sDaZe

1 minute ago, blorgon said:

Looking great. You mentioned letting the user choose resolution, what will be the highest resolution textures available?

Same RSS Texture Quality 

8K, 4K and 2k

1 hour ago, sDaZe said:

Lets all take a moment and look at this beauty @blackrack Also thanks again for making this all possible :D 

Pluto was the most stubborn yet most rewarding planet to fix. Im glad its done.

1 hour ago, sDaZe said:

Ahhhh cant wait. :D  But are Phobos and Deimos going to also be shrunk down or are they going to stay the same size? They're already super tiny.

This mod idea is great, really great.

One of the reasons why I want to play RSS is to explore our own solar system, but getting part packs for the proper punch to work well with each other is a pain in the ass. Being able to explore RSS within the stock scaling and with stock parts is ingenious!

3 hours ago, TonyC said:

The hype is rising !

Also, which cloud pack would be most suited for that mod ?

There isn't a cloud pack that will work just yet.  RVE will be released soon and we work on making that compatible. 

18 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

With the release of RVE and the usage of Sigma: Dimensions, it should be really quite simple to get RVE working with this mod.

We have to make it seem like what we are doing is more difficult than it really is :D  blowing our cover :)

8 hours ago, sDaZe said:

drooling......

5 minutes ago, QuentinJericho said:

That is so awesome. Do some planets have terrain scatter like the stock ones ? 

Most do.  Some moons with light atmospheres do not it's all a wip I'm going to continue to tweak and play around even after release. If we decide we like something more than what we currently have,  I'm sure we will update to include it. 

3 hours ago, Poodmund said:

With the release of RVE and the usage of Sigma: Dimensions, it should be really quite simple to get RVE working with this mod.

I have "stock" RSS installed, along with some gameplay mods, but I managed to get RVE to work succesfully by manually changing some config files. For example, I went into the "cloud" document and changed the names of Kerbin to Earth and Duna to Mars. Looks beautiful!

I suggest trying it out.

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast

7 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

I have "stock" RSS installed, along with some gameplay mods, but I managed to get RVE to work succesfully by manually changing some config files. For example, I went into the "cloud" document and changed the names of Kerbin to Earth and Duna to Mars. Looks beautiful!

I suggest trying it out.

I thought about doing that until RVE is updated. 

Edited by Berlin

5 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Would you mind sending a screen shot? I thought about doing that until RVE is updated

I'd love to do that for you, but I'm pretty new here. How do I upload a screenhot (does it have to be via imgur)? Can I attach a small document?

Just now, SpaceEnthusiast said:

I'd love to do that for you, but I'm pretty new here. How do I upload a screenhot (does it have to be via imgur)? Can I attach a small document?

You'll need to upload to imgur and post the direct link here

9 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

I suggest trying it out.

The issue with using RVE like that is that the Altitudes of the cloud layers will be at incorrect values for the resized system. By using Sigma: Dimensions, it should be able to resize the EVE configs automagically for you so that you pretty much load RVE as normal during startup, then just patch the configs to adjust the values as needed.

5 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

The issue with using RVE like that is that the Altitudes of the cloud layers will be at incorrect values for the resized system. By using Sigma: Dimensions, it should be able to resize the EVE configs automagically for you so that you pretty much load RVE as normal during startup, then just patch the configs to adjust the values as needed.

That's true. I can correct them too though, but I can see why it's easier to have all that done for you. I just don't want to wait for updates :P

6 minutes ago, Berlin said:

You'll need to upload to imgur and post the direct link here

http://imgur.com/a/Hnmt0

Hope this works. This is just the "Clouds" file. As @Poodmund said, using SigmaDimensions will make it easier, but in the interim you could always manually edit some files. I got my solar system looking pretty good now. Personally, I'm patiently waiting for RO to update, to crank up the realism a bunch. For now, RSS with RealFuels, RealChutes, RealPlumes, TAC Life Support and some beautification mods will do fine.

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast

3 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

That's true. I can correct them too though, but I can see why it's easier to have all that done for you. I just don't want to wait for updates :P

http://imgur.com/a/Hnmt0

Hope this works. This is just the "Clouds" file. As @Poodmund said, using SigmaDimensions will make it easier, but in the interim you could always manually edit some files. I got my solar system looking pretty good now. Personally, I'm patiently waiting for RO to update, to crank up the realism a bunch. For now, RSS with RealFuels, RealChutes, RealPlumes, TAC Life Support and some beautification mods will do fine.

Thanks.  Link worked fine

13 minutes ago, mtpatane said:

Hey guys!

First off this looks awesome and will undoubtedly give me a ton to do after I explore the stock solar system.

I was wondering is there a DV map for this mod?

Thanks!

I mean,  we haven't made one ourselves. So no? The mod is only a few days old and we have focused solely on aesthetics thus far.  Maybe in the future unless someone can beat us to it. 

Edited by Berlin