[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

28 minutes ago, Example said:

First of all great mod looks very awesome in the screens, been following this thread like a hawk waiting for the dl link to become available. But im getting flickering when i scroll while looking at the building? is this normal or have i done something wrong. Also on the first page of this thread it says you need the three mods kopernicus, rss and sigma, but in the readme it just says you need the textures from rss and the developer version of sigma. Scatterer is included in the download but it says that it is a recommended mod and distant objects also looks like its already there. Which of these do i have to install myself?  Thomassino's Sunflares, Distant Object Enhancement, Planet Shine and Scatterer? Only have physwarp at 80k and the crew report says im in upper atmosphere but my apo and peri stays the same so i think im in space. 

SDaZe will have to update that.  Did you down load scatterer separate or did you use what was in our dl? The flickering fix doesn't seem to work for everyone.  You need to install rss textures and Sigma yourself everything else is included

Edited by Berlin

i was thinking the same as ^example^ i got SSRSS and the two from the links in it's readme ( made sure SD was the dev version). it loads (after a few "not responding" grey screens, but it was doing this a bit with stock 1.1.2 x64 for me anyway) but very laggy. just wanted to make sure i had dl all the ness stuff before anything. 

love the mods anyway :D

2 minutes ago, Springer-dinger said:

i was thinking the same as ^example^ i got SSRSS and the two from the links in it's readme ( made sure SD was the dev version). it loads (after a few "not responding" grey screens, but it was doing this a bit with stock 1.1.2 x64 for me anyway) but very laggy. just wanted to make sure i had dl all the ness stuff before anything. 

love the mods anyway :D

The mod is laggy?  

1 minute ago, Onesmallstep said:

@Berlin i got a midium laptop and it has no lag at all!

Good.  I made a dumb last night and gave sDaZe the wrong scatterer config which caused serious loss of fps.  It's fixed now though in our dl

I have a new but medium pc, running this mod with other 49 mods and I have no lag at all, except some near a station around Earth made of 200 parts more or less, but it's still manageable.

11 minutes ago, Onesmallstep said:

@Berlin My laptop is really showing it's age! its just a hp elitebook but it works :) 

Well if you downloaded the mod right after it was put up,  you might want to dl it again.  I'm back at 80-90 fps with about 60 other mods on my play version. 

20 minutes ago, Example said:

I installed scatterer first one time but copied the entire ssrss folder over last so stock scatterer files was probably replaced. Should i try stock scatterer?

I wouldn't recommend it

Edited by Berlin

I've done the 1st fight plan to test planes with Kramax autopilot for SRSS.

http://www.filedropper.com/defaultflightplans just replace the kramax file with this one, and you get a full test flight plan to test your planes.

I also suggest some kind of "hub" to put our personal tweak for SRSS, any ideas?

I'll also share in the Kramax AP page.

Also edited the Historical Missions Contract Pack, so far working well with SRSS, if someone wants it i can upload it.

Having great fun! :)

7 minutes ago, RickKermen said:

I've done the 1st fight plan to test planes with Kramax autopilot for SRSS.

http://www.filedropper.com/defaultflightplans just replace the kramax file with this one, and you get a full test flight plan to test your planes.

I also suggest some kind of "hub" to put our personal tweak for SRSS, any ideas?

I'll also share in the Kramax AP page.

Also edited the Historical Missions Contract Pack, so far working well with SRSS, if someone wants it i can upload it.

Having great fun! :)

Just to let you know, the historical missions pack has RSS compatibility already if you download it from CKAN or or from the thread.  I don't want you doing a ton of work when you could be playing :wink:

3 minutes ago, Onesmallstep said:

This mod is so much fun!! Here's my first trip to venus whit a overenigeerd rocket and probe http://imgur.com/xy1dux8.

I wish I could bring myself to actually play these days.  I get so tired of looking at my screen tweaking my mods. :( that looks like fun! 

Edited by Berlin

8 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Just to let you know, the historical missions pack has RSS compatibility already if you download it from CKAN or or from the thread.  I don't want you doing a ton of work when you could be playing :wink:

I wish I could bring myself to actually play these days.  I get so tired of looking at my screen tweaking my mods. :( that looks like fun! 

Well i'll test the missions, but i believe the orbits etc are set to use RSS values, i'll give a try and report soon. Ty for the tip :)

13 hours ago, sDaZe said:

Updated photo album, take a look :)  

Let's play a game, I call it "Pics from NASA or screenshots from Kerbal", it's a guessing game and you just made it very hard....
Looks amazing!

19 minutes ago, RickKermen said:

Well i'll test the missions, but i believe the orbits etc are set to use RSS values, i'll give a try and report soon. Ty for the tip :)

That may be true about the orbits.  Maybe get with the author of the mod and see what he says

I turned on ocean lights compability put it to 256, turned on godrays, and turned off and on ocean accurate sky reflection a couble of times and all the flickering seems like its gone. But i still cant timewarp when im under 140k, do i have the wrong dev version of sigma? And contracts would be cool i hope you have luck on your endavours rickkermen, for now im gonna try my first science career. Thanks again for mod looks awesome. But i assume all transfer windows planners like the one in kerbal alarm clock and mechjeb dont work here because of the changed inclinations?

Edit: My bad space is at 100k

Edited by Example

8 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

@Berlin I noticed that the limit high/low orbit is still the same as RSS. Nothing important, just to report that.

Hmm I thought that was fixed.  Gotta wait for sDaZe. He has the fix for that

6 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

It's not a big issue, it's just a cfg tweak. Btw this was with a previous version, I'm downloading the new one.

Ok that makes sense 

3 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

Are these the original textures? I still have to reach Mars.

Those are the textures included in RSS.  Im learning currently how to make them look better In a future release