[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

2 hours ago, Berlin said:

You no longer need real solar system. You do need the textures though

29 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

You dont need to donwload Real Solar System, its already in the SSRSS folder. Timewarp is stock scale 

Problem seems to be with rss in general. I cant even have the original mod with just Kopernicus, the textures and rss folders, without hanging right after all the parts load. I did a fresh install of ksp which made no difference. Ram usage doesnt exceed 2.5gb out of the 16 installed. If I delete either of Rss or kopernicus (which I guess need each other) the game loads to the stock universe. I cleared GameData folder and reinstaller SSRSS along with sigma and the lowest textures. I get 387 patches applied but it still hangs there. 

Thanx for the replies. Could I provide any sort of logs, although it doesnt crash?  

3 hours ago, Rahn1908 said:

Problem seems to be with rss in general. I cant even have the original mod with just Kopernicus, the textures and rss folders, without hanging right after all the parts load. I did a fresh install of ksp which made no difference. Ram usage doesnt exceed 2.5gb out of the 16 installed. If I delete either of Rss or kopernicus (which I guess need each other) the game loads to the stock universe. I cleared GameData folder and reinstaller SSRSS along with sigma and the lowest textures. I get 387 patches applied but it still hangs there. 

Thanx for the replies. Could I provide any sort of logs, although it doesnt crash?  

Any idea? @NathanKell

Updated to 1.04 (from 1.02) and I'm seeing the noted issue (timewarp is limited to x100) and the frame rate as really taken a hit.

Can you please use Github, makes it a lot easier to see the updates / roll back to a previous version (I had to fine the old zip to roll back to 1.02). CKAN would also be great as it's easier to keep up to date then checking the forum every day.

As a side note, sorry but I think the sun flare is a bit too much now.

2 minutes ago, MrMooner said:

Updated to 1.04 (from 1.02) and I'm seeing the noted issue (timewarp is limited to x100) and the frame rate as really taken a hit.

Can you please use Github, makes it a lot easier to see the updates / roll back to a previous version (I had to fine the old zip to roll back to 1.02). CKAN would also be great as it's easier to keep up to date then checking the forum every day.

My frame rate is perfect, could be your computer.

20 minutes ago, MrMooner said:

Found the issue, should be fixed in the next update. Also i dont want to use Ckan 

Edited by sDaZe

21 minutes ago, MrMooner said:

Got to laugh, So we've gone from it's "your computer" to "found the issue" in 20 mins.

well I may have misled him while discussing the issue. xD I too am having framerate issues with the the latest update and had to revert my scatterer back to the first one we packaged. Now while that may work, not having the newest scatterer may cause some people to be upset. HOWEVER, I just tried something and it seemed to fix my framerate issue with the newest scatterer. I have a little testing to do tonight and might have an update ready tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.

Edit: definitely fixed the issue..  Testing is done.  Will package the fix tomorrow 

Edited by Berlin

6 hours ago, NathanKell said:

No idea. I would need some actual information to give an actual response.

Could I send something over?

Edit: It seems redownloading the mod with CKAN made RSS work! I ll work my way to implementing SSRSS from here. Thanx a lot for everyone's input

Edited by Rahn1908

Hi sDaZe, 

I also wrote you in the last reddit thread of yours. But to make sure you would see this I decided to also post here: 

The SSRSS scatterer settings make a big ugly blue ring around earth and some other planets on OSX. The stock system with scatterer 0.244 (latest) is fine however. It also appears when I'm launching a rocket into Orbit roughly at 15000 to 20000 meters. 

I have made some pics for you to maybe investigated this. Sadly this looks really terrible :( 

https://imgur.com/a/RRKfe

The stock solar system with scatterer 0.244 doesn't have those artifacts. everything is fine. 
On Earth the strange blue bar starts at 18k and fades at 150k to 200k as pictured there. However some parts remain at every altitude. 

I have come around this by playing s´with some scatterer settings: 

With these I could remove those artifacts. But Earth would glow like hell

Rg = 637100
Rt = 646115.4
RL = 646265.9

These also have some relation to it but I could not remove the artifacts completely.
rimBlend = 20
rimpower = 600

Hope this helps, as I'm really into your mod! :) 

28 minutes ago, lCristol said:

Hi sDaZe, 

I also wrote you in the last reddit thread of yours. But to make sure you would see this I decided to also post here: 

The SSRSS scatterer settings make a big ugly blue ring around earth and some other planets on OSX. The stock system with scatterer 0.244 (latest) is fine however. It also appears when I'm launching a rocket into Orbit roughly at 15000 to 20000 meters. 

I have made some pics for you to maybe investigated this. Sadly this looks really terrible :( 

https://imgur.com/a/RRKfe

The stock solar system with scatterer 0.244 doesn't have those artifacts. everything is fine. 
On Earth the strange blue bar starts at 18k and fades at 150k to 200k as pictured there. However some parts remain at every altitude. 

I have come around this by playing s´with some scatterer settings: 

With these I could remove those artifacts. But Earth would glow like hell

Rg = 637100
Rt = 646115.4
RL = 646265.9

These also have some relation to it but I could not remove the artifacts completely.
rimBlend = 20
rimpower = 600

Hope this helps, as I'm really into your mod! :) 

I have fixed this issue and will have the update out by tonight hopefully! I'm not sure exactly how it will look in OSX because, well, I don't have a mac but it should fix the issue.  Good looking out! Thanks

Edited by Berlin

Looking forward to the update tonight and that warp issue nixed..  Digging the atmosphere in this thread. No selfish begging and demanding for updates and bug fixes. Just fans working along with the devs..  That's how it should be always!

Edited by styckx

4 minutes ago, styckx said:

Looking forward to the update tonight and that warp issue nixed..  Digging the atmosphere in this thread. No selfish begging and demanding for updates and bug fixes. Just fans working along with the devs..  That's how it should be always!

I completely agree. I was expecting and onslaught after the release. However it has been very quiet. Maybe the mod isn't as widely known as others just yet.  Give it time and enjoy it now while it's calm!   :D

Anyone tried to use Scansat with SRSS? I get no scan results, it's supposed to be compatible with RSS.

http://prntscr.com/b24uds < After 2 orbits.

Kind regards.

Edit: Think i found the issue, in the compatibility folder (SRSS) we have the SCANsat.cfg, but the values inside are set for RSS and it seems they are being rescaled to 1/10 giving the bad ranges for the Sat, i will fix and upload the file here in 5 mins.

Edited by RickKermen

40 minutes ago, RickKermen said:

Anyone tried to use Scansat with SRSS? I get no scan results, it's supposed to be compatible with RSS.

Kind regards.

Yeah, it's working great! I just installed from CKAN without modifying anything.

y7gUrqA.png

v8cpqGE.png

By the way, it's really challenging with community tech tree, having to get all the science from the Moon without Minmus. I'm loving it with my Apollo missions :rolleyes:

Edited by sent3x

Wierd, my Sat was giving 50km max altitude to make the scan seems it's rescaled to 1/10, i'll test it now with the tweaks i did to the SCANsat.cfg file.

Edit: http://prntscr.com/b25g5g <- Tweaking the file gave me now normal results for the Sat, @sent3x are you using a unchanged version of that file? Can you please check the Sat values in VAB?

Ty

Edit 2: http://prntscr.com/b25ik9 <- With the fixed file all is working normally, for some reason my install is resizing to 1/10 the ScanSat values.

Edit 3: If someone has the same issue, get the file here --> http://www.filedropper.com/showdownload.php/scansat <-- and put it under "GameData\SSRSS\Compatibility" folder.

Edited by RickKermen

What is even better about this thread is the fact that you guys are helping each other and not asking us about everything.  Maybe we can be a catalyst for change!? 

1 hour ago, Berlin said:

What is even better about this thread is the fact that you guys are helping each other and not asking us about everything.  Maybe we can be a catalyst for change!? 

I've noticed that myself. I lurk more than I post but this thread sorta drew me in a bit to post a bit here..

4 hours ago, RickKermen said:

Kind regards.

Edit: Think i found the issue, in the compatibility folder (SRSS) we have the SCANsat.cfg, but the values inside are set for RSS and it seems they are being rescaled to 1/10 giving the bad ranges for the Sat, i will fix and upload the file here in 5 mins.

It definitely works for me without issue

KuPkSKg.jpg