[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

11 hours ago, Berlin said:

I have fixed this issue and will have the update out by tonight hopefully! I'm not sure exactly how it will look in OSX because, well, I don't have a mac but it should fix the issue.  Good looking out! Thanks

Thanks Berlin! Looking foward to it. 

@sDaZe ... Whoah! dat hexagon.

So, good news! Some pics of the upcoming release: 

New Titan and sandstorms on mars. @Nhawks17 we need to talk about allowing us to include configs for your mod in our mod :D 

Ignore that little bug in the second photo, @Berlin took it, so weird things are bound to happen.

Also we should have a new sunflare tomorrow!

Also, citylights and textures? 

Also! Cloud work on titan has officially started :D  

New Ocean?

This is what happens when me and @Berlin are both free and have time to make magic happen :cool:

Edited by sDaZe

1 hour ago, _Krieger_ said:

What's the altitude of a geostationary orbit in SSRSS?

Loving the mod, wonderful work!

Based on the rotacional period on the info tab (which is 5h59min1sec), the altitude should be 2.967.895,353 meters. But that's just taking as true that rotacional info.

Edited by scdr91

9 hours ago, sDaZe said:

So, good news! Some pics of the upcoming release: 

[amazing pictures[

New Titan and sandstorms on mars. @Nhawks17 we need to talk about allowing us to include configs for your mod in our mod :D 

[more amazing pictures]

Ignore that little bug in the second photo, @Berlin took it, so weird things are bound to happen.

Also we should have a new sunflare tomorrow!

Also, citylights and textures? 

[even more amazing pictures]

Also! Cloud work on titan has officially started :D  

[It never stops with the amazing pictures, doesn't it?]

New Ocean?

[Guess what]

This is what happens when me and @Berlin are both free and have time to make magic happen :cool:

This is just so beautiful.... :D Busy now searching my jaw xD

First of all, this is the mod I've been waiting for for ages. Never really liked how RSS changes the entire game. Looking forward to exploring the Solar System!

I have a question though, is it correct that the Earth's atmosphere starts at ~140km? Since it's a kerbin-sized version of Earth, I'd expected to be in space at 70km lol xD.. I wouldn't mind if it is supposed to be 140km, adds some new challange ;].

Thanks for the great mod, looking forward to EVE compatibility!

16 minutes ago, SpaceMart said:

First of all, this is the mod I've been waiting for for ages. Never really liked how RSS changes the entire game. Looking forward to exploring the Solar System!

I have a question though, is it correct that the Earth's atmosphere starts at ~140km? Since it's a kerbin-sized version of Earth, I'd expected to be in space at 70km lol xD.. I wouldn't mind if it is supposed to be 140km, adds some new challange ;].

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but for this the space "begins" at 100-102km

Edited by styckx

9 hours ago, sDaZe said:

My license is CC-BY-NC-SA which only requires credit for what is taken and it's distributed under the same license which you already do so feel free :wink: 

2 hours ago, scdr91 said:

Based on the rotacional period on the info tab (which is 5h59min1sec), the altitude should be 2.967.895,353 meters. But that's just taking as true that rotacional info.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Cheers

14 minutes ago, styckx said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but for this the space "begins" at 100-102km

98,000 I can make it 70 if people want it

46 minutes ago, SpaceMart said:

SRSS Space is at 98km :)

Pale Blue Dot?

6Rk9Vqx.jpg

Also was looking at what other bodies we could put the scatterer effect on, I dont think we will tho since there is alot of em

ow2Uf2N.png

Edited by sDaZe

1 hour ago, 299792458 m/s said:

I really want this mod, but maybe my computer isn't cut out for it. When I loaded up the initial screen the loading planets kept orbiting and I lost patience. I tried twice, I guess it's the pc.

you need rss textures. please read the read me

27 minutes ago, RickKermen said:

SRSS Space is at 98km :)

Then I gues I did something wrong. According to Ksp Earth has a 6371 km radius, and atmosphere height is 140 km. I was wondering why I couldn't reach space xD...

2 minutes ago, SpaceMart said:

Then I gues I did something wrong. According to Ksp Earth has a 6371 km radius, and atmosphere height is 140 km. I was wondering why I couldn't reach space xD...

Follow the links in the readme. Then drag everything included in the download into the gamedata and start the game

Took it upon myself to implement proper city lights. Pretty easy port from RVE.. 

Daddy likes.. Over South America, Mexico and North America to the North

I1cDEJt.jpg

Edited by styckx

@sDaZe

Wow! Can't wait for those EVE (?) updates.

One bug I've discovered, though. Way-points for contracts with ground/air objectives (i.e. go to site XYZ and do x) aren't showing up anywhere. Any ideas?