[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

1 hour ago, styckx said:

The problem is soon as I deleted DO and use stock Kerbal skybox.. The haloing returns.. As added in my previous post..  This still seems like a bug and DO is masking it.   Don't take this as nagging either. :) Just hashing out a problem.. :)

OK I FIGURED IT OUT FINALLY!  set ExtinctionRimFade to 1

let me know if that worked for you!

Edited by Berlin

31 minutes ago, Berlin said:

hit alt+F11 its in scatterer

I'm old school. I prefer digging in text files. Old habits are hard to break even with fancy GUI. lol..  Changed it.. Nope. It's definitely Scatterer though

No DO w/ Scatterer and  setting set to 1.. Halo.. Default Skybox

72iCYRC.jpg

No DO w/ Scatterer removed.. Bliss.. Default Skybox

1o4WUcn.jpg

Edited by styckx

2 minutes ago, styckx said:

I'm old school. I prefer digging in text files. Old habits are hard to break even with fancy GUI. lol..  Changed it.. Nope. It's definitely Scatterer though

No DO w/ Scatterer and  setting set to 1.. Halo.. Default Skybox

No DO w/ Scatter removed.. Bliss.. Default Skybox

@Berlin has fixed that in the new update coming in a bit

I appreciate you both looking into this and not blowing it off in "It must be your system" fashion that I've seen others do..  That's the difference between a good dev and a bad one.  Obviously depends on the information and detials youre given but.. Kudos for exploring this..

Edited by styckx

4 minutes ago, styckx said:

I appreciate you both looking into this and not blowing it off in "It must be your system" fashion that I've seen others do..  That's the difference between a good dev and a bad one.  Obviously depends on the information and detials youre given but.. Kudos for exploring this..

I want a well rounded mod and its obviously my goof because I designed our scatterer configs with DO installed. TBH I didn't take into consideration some one playing without it. So you are making me a better dev by making me think of how others might play so thank you

5 minutes ago, Berlin said:

I want a well rounded mod and its obviously my goof because I designed our scatterer configs with DO installed. TBH I didn't take into consideration some one playing without it. So you are making me a better dev by making me think of how others might play so thank you

Thanks man. Appreciate it. I used to beta test for what is now known as  DoveTail games.. They develop Train Simulator. (It has about $3000 worth of DLC.. Steam).. 

Anyway..  It's in my nature to learn how to "break"  releases and report it to developers in as much detail as possible through trial and error.   Breaking software is strangely fun.. lol

Edited by styckx

14 minutes ago, styckx said:

Perfection!!!  You guys rock!

No DO with Scatterer! 

Just wait till you see the storm on mars :wink: 

On 4/30/2016 at 0:02 PM, sDaZe said:

- Added a global dust storm to Mars

- Fixed some scatterer bugs

I would show pics of the storms but thats a surprise :wink: jk

Zkql6os.jpg

dTpAToi.png

Edited by sDaZe

Those storms look epic.. Will be heading to mars soon!  Custom skybox back in place.. Scatterer back on all cylinders

This is exactly how I always wanted this game without all the challenge RSS brings..  I'm in heaven

KnSN4Ly.jpg

Edited by styckx

2 minutes ago, styckx said:

Those storms look epic.. Will be heading to mars soon!  Custom skybox back in place.. Scatterer back on all cylinders

This is exactly how I always wanted this game without all the challenge RSS brings..  I'm in heaven

I was waiting for a mod like this for years but no one made it.. So me and @Berlin made it ourselves 

3 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

I was waiting for a mod like this for years but no one made it.. So me and @Berlin made it ourselves 

There were a few who attempted it before but it was a half hearted effort as only the planets visually were resized but nothing else.. Atmospheres etc..    This is as close as I've ever seen to a Kerbin scale port of RSS and it's associated mods (RVE)..   You guys really killed it in a short amount of time..  

1 minute ago, styckx said:

There were a few who attempted it before but it was a half hearted effort as only the planets visually were resized but nothing else.. Atmospheres etc..    This is as close as I've ever seen to a Kerbin scale port of RSS and it's associated mods (RVE)..   You guys really killed it in a short amount of time..  

Thanks man! We've got alot more plans for the future! 

1 minute ago, styckx said:

So when you guys moving this to the "release" forum for the onslaught of "IT'S BEEN 2 HOURS AND NO NEW UPDATES.. WHY DEVS NOT CARE ANYMORE??".. lol

NEVVARRRRRRRRR!

I must say, you guys have done a fantastic job on this, and I have one suggestion.

I want thunderstorms over Earth! And I would love it when KopernicusExpansion updates you guys could make Jupiter, Saturn, and Neptune move, like the atmospheres move, I can't explain it but if you look in the KopernicusExpansion OP you'll find out what I'm talking about. Also can you make Saturn's Polar Hexagons move too? :)

Also, the settings.cfg, where do I put it?

P.S. This is just a suggestion, I'm totally find if you guys don't want to do it.

Edited by Table