[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

6 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

I tried hyperediting to 1000,000m is that high enough at 500,000 the probe has exploded in the past, my ram usage looks OK

Yeah, 1,000,000m is fine.. I mean it's low but perfectly fine. Weird that it keeps crashing on you..

40 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

I'm an OpenGL Linux user, I just think it looks better, I have not noticed any artifacts yet, other than known ones.

Are you on Windows with OpenGL or Linux/OSX? 

On windows everything is cool but under OSX I'll get these: https://imgur.com/a/RRKfe with an experimentalatmoscale over 1.

@Berlin Hmm, who knew? As an FYI I accidently once installed the SVE Folder with the new EVE's Environmental Folder (had taken the installed one from the new EVE and not the proided fomr SVE) in stock KSP. When you do this, you'll get volumetric clouds with SVE. Maybe I should test this in SSRSS. 

12 minutes ago, lCristol said:

Are you on Windows with OpenGL or Linux/OSX? 

On windows everything is cool but under OSX I'll get these: https://imgur.com/a/RRKfe with an experimentalatmoscale over 1.

@Berlin Hmm, who knew? As an FYI I accidently once installed the SVE Folder with the new EVE's Environmental Folder (had taken the installed one from the new EVE and not the proided fomr SVE) in stock KSP. When you do this, you'll get volumetric clouds with SVE. Maybe I should test this in SSRSS. 

Test it and let us know!  I kind of figured that was an open gl bug. I really wish I could fix it! 

10 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

I think 3 looks best

If you want to implement this fix to all planets with scatterer that need it,  we can provide an alternate install for OSX/opengl users. Of course,  only if you want to. :)

Just for confirmation and to give assurance to @selfish_meme

Just loaded up the game in Linux Mint... Using Nvidia proprietary drivers.  Installed SSRSS..

Earth definitely has a halo and hyper editing to Jupiter/Saturn does crash the game.

Myth confirmed.. OpenGL problems

Edited by styckx

4 minutes ago, styckx said:

Just for confirmation and to give assurance to @selfish_meme

Just loaded up the game in Linux Mint... Using Nvidia proprietary drivers.  Installed SSRSS..

Kerbin definitely has a halo and hyper editing to Saturn does crash the game.

Myth confirmed.. OpenGL problems

Oh snap!  That's isn't good news for opengl users. I don't even know who to contact for that issue.  RSS devs?  I would take a copy of your logs over there and see if maybe they can help with this issue.  

Also thanks for testing! 

Edited by Berlin

5 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Oh snap!  That's isn't good news for opengl users. I don't even know who to contact for that issue.  RSS devs?  I would take a copy of your logs over there and see if maybe they can help with this issue.  

Also thanks for testing! 

Just checked. It seems to be known about.

In the "known issues" list of RVE

• Serious visual bugs in opengl/linux
Edited by styckx

2 minutes ago, styckx said:

Just checked. It seems to be known about.

In the "known issues" list of RVE

• Serious visual bugs in opengl/linux

Ok cool.  Well I guess it's just a waiting game for opengl guys.. 

2 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Ok cool.  Well I guess it's just a waiting game for opengl guys.. 

Your idea was good though. If users can self fix the graphical bugs with their cfg edits they can just send you their cfg files changed.. That way OpenGL users can install SSRSS as normal and then download a separate small OpenGL patch.

Seems like he has the Halo thing worked out, the Hyperedit warping thing is a mystery though. 

3 minutes ago, styckx said:

Your idea was good though. If users can self fix the graphical bugs with their cfg edits they can just send you their cfg files changed.. That way OpenGL users can install SSRSS as normal and then download a separate small OpenGL patch.

Seems like he has the Halo thing worked out, the Hyperedit warping thing is a mystery though. 

Yeah I hope he accepts and does the fix. The hyper edit thing I'm not too too worried about it because, well,  it's not a necessary mod unless you are editing an designing things. It's more of a novelty after that,  but I'm interested if the crash still happens on approach if he just flys there.  

So this mod works without the Realism Overhaul.  It allows us to use all the Kerbal stock parts and still be able to get everywhere in the solar system with a reasonable difficulty?

I want to play in the real solar system, but the Realism Overhaul was a bear to get installed and setup properly.  There's too many requirements to change everything over to realism.  So I'm hoping that this isn't necessary - it sounds like it isn't!  If so - I'm going to play it :)

34 minutes ago, Vir4030 said:

So this mod works without the Realism Overhaul.  It allows us to use all the Kerbal stock parts and still be able to get everywhere in the solar system with a reasonable difficulty?

I want to play in the real solar system, but the Realism Overhaul was a bear to get installed and setup properly.  There's too many requirements to change everything over to realism.  So I'm hoping that this isn't necessary - it sounds like it isn't!  If so - I'm going to play it :)

Yeah it was designed without RO. So it will work without it

Edited by Berlin

I now reverted my settings with different Rg,Rl and RT values to your provided scatterer settings files and tested all full values from 1 to 7 in the experimentalAtmoScale setting.

You can clearly see what really happens there. Different to describe though, so have a look at this pics: 

https://imgur.com/a/jyurV

4 it is. :) 

Every value from 1-3 gives artifacts and the values 5-7 and above (7 already looks ridiculous, 15 is batexcrements crazy) looks weird.

I'll now test the mentioned volumetric clouds with your given SVE configuration and the new EVE "engine".

1 minute ago, lCristol said:

I now reverted my settings with different Rg,Rl and RT values to your provided scatterer settings files and tested all full values from 1 to 7 in the experimentalAtmoScale setting.

You can clearly see what really happens there. Different to describe though, so have a look at this pics: 

https://imgur.com/a/jyurV

4 it is. :) 

Every value from 1-3 gives artifacts and the values 5-7 and above (7 already looks ridiculous, 15 is batexcrements crazy) looks weird.

I'll now test the mentioned volumetric clouds with your given SVE configuration and the new EVE "engine".

That looks great!   If you want,  you could also do this for all planets with scatterer that have the issue and post your config here just like I was saying earlier.  So I can make a separate OSX/opengl version. 

4 minutes ago, Berlin said:

That looks great!   If you want,  you could also do this for all planets with scatterer that have the issue and post your config here just like I was saying earlier.  So I can make a separate OSX/opengl version. 

Will do ... I just saw that it's not 4 for every planet. Or maybe it is but I need to adjust Rg, Rt and RL relative to the radius of each planet and to your Rg,Rt and RL settings in your earth scatterer settings. 

I'm on it. 

1 minute ago, lCristol said:

Will do ... I just saw that it's not 4 for every planet. Or maybe it is but I need to adjust Rg, Rt and RL relative to the radius of each planet and to your Rg,Rt and RL settings in your earth scatterer settings. 

I'm on it. 

Woo! really appreciate it.  We will be sure to credit you for your work! 

Question 1: Did you update your download to scatterer 0.246?

Because all of the sudden the lens flare is working. It was not working in 0.244.

Question 2: Does anybody know what those Values Rg, Rt and RL actually stand for. Can't find anything in the Scatterer thread.

36 minutes ago, scdr91 said:

I'm not getting re-entry effects on any aircraft, and I haven't seen anybody mention that... Am I the only one?

probably yes. Try to reinstall completely KSP or every atmo related mods and in case this doesn't work please post your logs.

23 minutes ago, lCristol said:

Question 2: Does anybody know what those Values Rg, Rt and RL actually stand for. Can't find anything in the Scatterer thread.

Rg is the planet radius (it says diameter in the tool but it's wrong) Rt is the height of the atmosphere. RL is the limit of the atmosphere but it works weird

.... listed in the Scatterer OP. :P 

2 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

.... listed in the Scatterer OP. :P 

WOW! I just read straight past this.

Venus experimentAtmoScale value without artifacts is 3. 

Just as stated in my pictures with earth I have chosen the lowest value where the ring artifact is gone. I'm going to every planet with a scatterer setting. 

Never before have I cheated in this game. And now I feel so diddely dirty with my TWR 20 spaceship and infinite propellant.