[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

13 minutes ago, mcdouble said:

Will scatterer configs for this also work in full-size RSS, or do the distances change everything? Really looking amazing, nice work.

you could adapt them for RSS, probably the main values would be experimentalAtmoScale and the rt rg rl which are discussed in the prior comments

I have been playing KSP for about a year now, I have played some stock and modded.  I have tried RSS [cool , but just takes longer to do everything.. sort of] So, I would like to ask a question, this is most likely going to seem like an utterly stupid question.  Would I bee able to use most of the mods that i am currently using on my game?

KER, CTT, KW Rocketry, FASA, etc?  Is there a type of mod that I should steer clear of?

Thanks, 

I did read through some early posts, but it didn't see anyting that would suggest that I can't.

47 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

you could adapt them for RSS, probably the main values would be experimentalAtmoScale and the rt rg rl which are discussed in the prior comments

cool, I'll give it a go later

16 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

I have been playing KSP for about a year now, I have played some stock and modded.  I have tried RSS [cool , but just takes longer to do everything.. sort of] So, I would like to ask a question, this is most likely going to seem like an utterly stupid question.  Would I bee able to use most of the mods that i am currently using on my game?

KER, CTT, KW Rocketry, FASA, etc?  Is there a type of mod that I should steer clear of?

Thanks, 

I did read through some early posts, but it didn't see anyting that would suggest that I can't.

Any parts that work well with stock will probably work with this, some plugins may get confused. RSS parts will probably be overpowered.

8 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

Any parts that work well with stock will probably work with this, some plugins may get confused. RSS parts will probably be overpowered.

Great!  That will be easy then!  How about tools like the the advance planner?  

25 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

Great!  That will be easy then!  How about tools like the the advance planner?  

They work fine, but just use Kerbal Alarm Clock, seems to work better.

FASA is pretty broken right now in 1.1.2, but all parts mods work. There was an issue with SCANSat, but it should be fixed with the next update. Very easy fix for you to do on your own as well.

So i finally landed on mars today, but experienced a small problem. I landed close to the south pole with a rover and was driving towards it for science when my rover just fell through the ground, the rover disappeared along with two of the three kerbals onboard.

8 minutes ago, frostsid said:

I have a suggestion for @sDaZe and @Berlin , when you have time of course :) Will you guys add atmosphere to Pluto? That would be amazing and you can even add clouds. Here:

http://news.discovery.com/space/rumors-spread-of-nitrogen-clouds-on-pluto-160304.htm

Thank you for your amazing work!

Pluto has an atmosphere already :) no clouds though

Edited by Berlin

1 hour ago, Table said:

This is literally slowing my game to a halt, in terms of FPS.

I have a GTX 960, (ASUS Turbo Edition)

Also, how do I find output logs?

What resolution RSS textures are you using? What resolution SVE are you using? How much RAM does your system have.. Because if it has to resort to virtual memory.. Yep.. Stutterville.  I'm using 8192 and Ultra.. I mean.. My frames are low at times especially during launch but not coming to a grinding halt and my game is eating up 8GB of RAM at times.. VRAM I usually eat 1.2GB 

1 hour ago, Table said:

This is literally slowing my game to a halt, in terms of FPS.

I have a GTX 960, (ASUS Turbo Edition)

Also, how do I find output logs?

DISREGARD  @styckx beat me to it

Edited by Berlin

Don't know if you guys want to go into it, this config for Sigma Dimensions should be a lot more accurate than yours, it will probably throw off your atmosphere stuff a bit, but time and radii should be more accurate.

// Base Settings

SigmaDimensions
{
	Resize = 0.0942
	Rescale = 0.0942
	Atmosphere = 0.70
	dayLengthMultiplier = 0.250684453
}

// Advanced Settings

@SigmaDimensions
{
	geeASLmultiplier = 1
	landscape = 1
	atmoVisualEffect = 1
	resizeScatter = 1
	CustomSoISize = 0
	CustomRingSize = 1
	atmoASL = 1
	tempASL = 1
}
 //

@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigDim2]:NEEDS[SigDim]
{
	@Body:HAS[#name[Titan]]
	{
		@PlanetDimensions[2] = 0.20
	}
}

// //

@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigDim2]:NEEDS[SigDim]
{
	@Body:HAS[#name[Venus]]
	{
		@PlanetDimensions[2] = 0.80
	}
}

//

Still looks pretty good, experimentalAtmoScale is 2.1 at 300km

jn5itI5.png

But this shot was taken from the ISS on a clear day at 400km

iss040e133306_lrg.jpg

Edited by selfish_meme

30 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

But this shot was taken from the ISS on a clear day at 400km

What is the new radius of Earth with your config?  How much does it change it? 

Also I can tone down the atmosphereto make it look like your second pic, if that what everyone wants. 

3 minutes ago, Berlin said:

What is the new radius of Earth with your config?  How much does it change it? 

Also I can tone down the atmosphereto make it look like your second pic, if that what everyone wants. 

The new radius should be almost exactly 600km and 6 hour rotation

18 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

The new radius should be almost exactly 600km and 6 hour rotation

Have you tried it yet?  I can't at the moment I'm not at my computer.  This sounds good though

23 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Have you tried it yet?  I can't at the moment I'm not at my computer.  This sounds good though

That was my screenshot after adding the config

Edited by selfish_meme

1 hour ago, styckx said:

What resolution RSS textures are you using? What resolution SVE are you using? How much RAM does your system have.. Because if it has to resort to virtual memory.. Yep.. Stutterville.  I'm using 8192 and Ultra.. I mean.. My frames are low at times especially during launch but not coming to a grinding halt and my game is eating up 8GB of RAM at times.. VRAM I usually eat 1.2GB 

I have 16GB of Ram, I'm using 8192, AND Ultra.

I did some work on Kerbin's clouds too, set them at more realistic heights, not for aesthetic reasons, got info from here http://nenes.eas.gatech.edu/Cloud/Clouds.pdf since the stock atmosphere is more like Earth's than a scaled version of Earth's would be, it sort of makes it tricky, if we rescaled Earth's atmosphere to Kerbin size 140 km would be 13 km on Kerbin, which is very thin. So I put clouds and such at realistic heights because the atmosphere is more like the real Earth's. You can download clouds.cfg here https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmgjc3l2kr1hmwx/clouds.cfg?dl=0 <- I recoloured Jupiter clouds in this config so if you have done work on that make sure to save it.

ARnrfo4.png

MBXAVfU.png

and also the aurora as you can see it sits quite a bit above the clouds, even somewhat above the atmosphere glow at 90 km on the real Earth

Aurora_Australis_From_ISS.JPG

Edited by selfish_meme

14 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

I did some work on Kerbin's clouds too, set them at more realistic heights, not for aesthetic reasons, got info from here http://nenes.eas.gatech.edu/Cloud/Clouds.pdf since the stock atmosphere is more like Earth's than a scaled version of Earth's would be, it sort of makes it tricky, if we rescaled Earth's atmosphere to Kerbin size 140 km would be 13 km on Kerbin, which is very thin. So I put clouds and such at realistic heights because the atmosphere is more like the real Earth's. You can download clouds.cfg here https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmgjc3l2kr1hmwx/clouds.cfg?dl=0 <- I recoloured Jupiter clouds in this config so if you have done work on that make sure to save it.

ARnrfo4.png

MBXAVfU.png

and also the aurora as you can see it sits quite a bit above the clouds, even somewhat above the atmosphere glow at 90 km on the real Earth

Aurora_Australis_From_ISS.JPG

I can apply all of this next update.  Thanks! . This weekend however I won't be able to get in game and make changes. I have a lot going on. But I'll be back in full swing Monday. 

Edited by Berlin

8 hours ago, lCristol said:

Done and done:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jc5bo10u0uyia6r/AABia63E8SAu5SDTE270JtZBa?dl=0

@selfish_meme If you test this and still have artifacts - especially those under 160000km at Earth - raise the experimentalAtmoScale in 0.1 steps I'll guarantee they'll vanish at some point. I just today had the same while testing.

I tried running your config, the download had two of everything, was a bit confusing, but it crashed my game