{
				value = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/mars2
			}
			_DetailTex
			{
				value = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/DetailCirrus
			}
		}

In the line: "_Color = 128,108,108,200" the value 200 makes Mars purple like stock Eve, when I change it to 20 like this: "_Color = 128,108,108,20" it looks nice and mahrslike again.

Edited by lCristol
whoops, never mentioned it's in SVE

On May 11, 2016 at 6:02 AM, Example said:

Is mechjeb able to calculate interplanetary tranfsers? I just assumed the changed inclinations with mess it up. Also a version nr somewhere in the zip or name would help people be sure they have the latest version

Sent a probe lander to Mars yesterday using nothing but Mechjeb.
It works, but you'll want a fair amount extra dV, I had ~8k dV before starting the burn to Mars and had about 2k left when I finally got there :0.0:

And I'm loving this mod!

Haven't had a chance to check out all the planets/moons fully yet but damn, been looking for something like this for over a year now, was so happy to find this thread :D

went to mars without mechjeb and your right about taking extra delta v, i just followed kerbal alarm clocks transfer windows and played with manouver nodes until i hit it. think i used about 2k to get there, maybe 300-500 to land, around 2000 to get to orbit and rendevous with the return ship. then 2200 to get back to earth. Had some issued with my rovers though. They fell through the ground when i got around 1,5km from my lander, tried going towards the south pole(landed near it) then i tried going the opposite way and i fell through the ground again so i just left. I think you can do alot better on delta v though since my inclination from earth to duna was way off and the same on the return. Returned from a poler orbit.

well i tested my rover at KSC first and didnt have any problems there either. Has anybody tried rovers at any bodies except earth?

Just tested at the moon didnt have any issues there

Edited by Example

6 hours ago, lCristol said:

Shameless double post:

btw ... I think you made a mistake in the latest Mars atmosphere update in SVE:

OBJECT
	{
		name = Duna-MainClouds
		body = Mars
		altitude = 40000
		speed = 0,35,0
		detailSpeed = 0,0,0
		settings
		{
			_DetailScale = 20
			_Color = 128,108,108,200
			_MainTex
			{
				value = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/mars2
			}
			_DetailTex
			{
				value = StockVisualEnhancements/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/DetailCirrus
			}
		}

In the line: "_Color = 128,108,108,200" the value 200 makes Mars purple like stock Eve, when I change it to 20 like this: "_Color = 128,108,108,20" it looks nice and mahrslike again.

That number is the Alpha setting which does nothing other than set the opacity it definitely wouldn't change the planet purple

9 minutes ago, Bev7787 said:

Ok thanks, just wondering as I launched a rocket to 70km and it was inside the Earth's atmosphere

The atmosphere ends at about 98km. High in Space starts at about 3690km

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 7:32 AM, pap1723 said:

The difficulty with the current size of the system is down the line. Once people start to put together Delta-v charts as well as other information, it will become difficult to do with the awkward 5 hour, 59 minute, 1 second day. Making it 6 hours exactly makes it much much better.

05:59:01 is Earth's sidereal period.  It's the solar day that should be 6 hours.  Unfortunately that is off a little bit too, with a length of 05:59:48.

SSRSS is currently using a length of day multiplier of 0.25, which is applied to the sidereal period.  The length of the solar day depends on a combination of the sidereal period and the length of the year.  Because of the way the body sizes and orbits are factored, Earth's year in SSRSS works out to a length of 461.54 six-hour days.  This is what's throwing off the length of the solar day.

Although SSRSS uses global factors to resize the planets and orbits, It looks like it's also possible to override the default and assign specific values.  If my math is correct, I think that Earth's sidereal period needs to be 21553.3011496082 seconds for the solar day to work out to exactly 6 hours.  That's assuming no other changes are made.

Alternatively, I like the idea of changing the gravitational parameter of the Sun so that the orbital periods of all the planets are equal to 1/4th of their real life values.  This would make the orbital periods of the planets in the game equal to their real life orbital periods when measured in days.  In the game it would be 6-hour days and in real life 24-hour days.  Therefore, we would have Mercury's period equal to 88 days, Venus 225 days, Earth 365 days, and so on.  This would also correct the length of Earth's solar day to 6 hours without having to change its sidereal rotation period.

I compute that changing the Sun's gravitational parameter to 2.11899690905473E+18 would make Earth's sidereal orbital period exactly equal to its real life value of 365.25636 days.  This changes makes the solar day equal to 21599.9998099882 seconds.  We can make this equal 21600 seconds exactly by making a slight adjustment in the sidereal rotation period to 21541.0249148984 seconds.

To summarize:

For Sun, gravParameter = 211899690905473E+18
For Earth, rotationPeriod = 21541.0249148984

One drawback of this idea is that, because it increases the mass of the Sun, it will require more delta-v to travel between planets.  That might outweigh the convenience of having a familiar 365-day year.

If we do not change the Sun's gravitational parameter, then to get a 6-hour solar day the following change should be made,

For Earth, rotationPeriod = 21553.3011496082

Edited by OhioBob
Fixed errors in numbers.

58 minutes ago, Bev7787 said:

It's actually 140km, same as RSS.

Actually, no.  SSRSS applies a 0.7 factor to the RSS atmosphere heights.  Therefore Earth's atmosphere is 140 x 0.7 = 98 km.  There are two exceptions to this:  Venus' atmosphere is factored 0.8, and Titan's atmosphere is factored 0.2.  If you don't know or don't remember what the atmosphere heights are, they are listed in the planet information panel in the Tracking Station.

Edited by OhioBob

16 minutes ago, Bev7787 said:

Ok. Just wondering as there seems to be an issue with Scatterer and the timewarp function. Its physical warp until 140km still. I'll post pics

Maybe there is something wrong on your side. You're the first to report this issue, I'm able to run Warp from 98 km as intended.

I'll check again, I reinstalled.

EDIT: Same thing happened, got pics, one more test because I think it could be a mod I have installed.

Edited by Bev7787

had a similar problem with earlier versions of ssrss. You sure your on the latest version?, should be a 600+mb zip. Before the latest update i needed the real solar systems folder in my gamedata to get a usable timewarp. Now everything works fine except thefalling trough mars :P 

Never mind just tested: It works now. Apparently I deleted a vital folder in Sigma Dimensions... Yeah. Now for the scatterer issue. It seems to appear at 28km and its visible in map view and tracking station. I think its something to do with the atmosphere rescale.

14 minutes ago, Bev7787 said:

Never mind just tested: It works now. Apparently I deleted a vital folder in Sigma Dimensions... Yeah. Now for the scatterer issue. It seems to appear at 28km and its visible in map view and tracking station. I think its something to do with the atmosphere rescale.

Try to open the Scatterer GUI (ALT+F11), select the Ocean Settings and Rebuild Ocean. This usually fix the issue. It's a know bug, Blackrack is working on it.

1 hour ago, Bev7787 said:

Are you using OpenGL? @lCristol created a new set of Scatterer configs for OpenGL which fixes this issue. It's linked a few posts back.

8 hours ago, OhioBob said:

05:59:01 is Earth's sidereal period.  It's the solar day that should be 6 hours.  Unfortunately that is off a little bit too, with a length of 05:59:48.

SSRSS is currently using a length of day multiplier of 0.25, which is applied to the sidereal period.  The length of the solar day depends on a combination of the sidereal period and the length of the year.  Because of the way the body sizes and orbits are factored, Earth's year in SSRSS works out to a length of 461.54 six-hour days.  This is what's throwing off the length of the solar day.

Although SSRSS uses global factors to resize the planets and orbits, It looks like it's also possible to override the default and assign specific values.  If my math is correct, I think that Earth's sidereal period needs to be 21553.3012195864 seconds for the solar day to work out to exactly 6 hours.  That's assuming no other changes are made.

Alternatively, I like the idea of changing the gravitational parameter of the Sun so that the orbital periods of all the planets are equal to 1/4th of their real life values.  This would make the orbital periods of the planets in the game equal to their real life orbital periods when measured in days.  In the game it would be 6-hour days and in real life 24-hour days.  Therefore, we would have Mercury's period equal to 88 days, Venus 225 days, Earth 365 days, and so on.  This would also correct the length of Earth's solar day to 6 hours without having to change its sidereal rotation period.

I compute that changing the Sun's gravitational parameter to 2.11900089505915E+18 would make Earth's sidereal orbital period exactly equal to its real life value of 365.25636 days.  This changes makes the solar day equal to 21599.9998099882 seconds.  We can make this equal 21600 seconds exactly by making a slight adjustment in the sidereal rotation period to 21541.0249148984 seconds.

To summarize:

For Sun, gravParameter = 2.11900089505915E+18
For Earth, rotationPeriod = 21541.0249148984

One drawback of this idea is that, because it increases the mass of the Sun, it will require more delta-v to travel between planets.  That might outweigh the convenience of having a familiar 365-day year.

If we do not change the Sun's gravitational parameter, then to get a 6-hour solar day the following change should be made,

For Earth, rotationPeriod = 21553.3012195864

OhioBob knows his stuff!

I have created a new Biome map that includes all of the Earth's real biomes. There are a couple of new ones added. Would anyone be interested in the file?

Biomes:

• Ice Caps
  • Tundra
  • Taiga (Boreal Forest)
  • Forest (Temperate Forest)
  • Grasslands
  • Mountains
  • Tropics
  • Savanna
  • Chaparral
  • Desert
  • Shores
  • Water

Let me know and I'll post a link.

6 hours ago, Bev7787 said:

I had a somewhat similar problem in the past.  The solution was to delete a .bin file in the cache.  If you go to the following folder,

GameData\SSRSS\RSSKopernicus\Cache\

You will see a bunch of .bin files.  You might try deleting the one that's giving you the problem and allow it be recreated.  However, make sure you can revert back because I can't guarantee I know what I'm talking about. :confused:

I also see that there's a cache in the Sigma folder.  If the above doesn't work, you might try playing around with the Sigma cache.  I would use caution though.