[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

49 minutes ago, Squelch7 said:

"Phobos crashed into Phobos"? What did THAT look like? :D

I heard an explosion while I was flying away from the moon at the incredible escape speed of few meters per second. Scared I opened the F3 log and I saw that. Lol

10 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

I have a question I hope can be answered.

Firstly - this is a great mod, it is great expansion for the above casual ksp gamer.  I have only been playing for a year and know my way around the game, but I am no expert to the inner working of what a mod does or the magic that you all do.

If I have a current stock career and there are no flights, can I use that persist file in a SSRSS build?

Yeah it should be fine

Just want to say thank you guys for being so patient. I promise a new update is coming soon.   Also, here is a look at the new Europa with a light atmosphere!
1lj0F2s.png

Edited by Berlin

I noticed an issue with Titan. It completely miss the low orbit. At 130 km you're still in high orbit, at 129.9 you're in atmosphere.

Pics coming

Saturn and Titan are wonderful

jrRLrU8.jpg

Klyju0o.jpg

Edited by Nansuchao

3 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

I noticed an issue with Titan. It completely miss the low orbit. At 130 km you're still in high orbit, at 129.9 you're in atmosphere.

hmm ill look into it and see if I have the same issue

EDIT: I can confirm this is the case

Edited by Berlin

21 hours ago, frostsid said:

I tried this on a clean install, I just dropped the stuff of SSRSS into the Gamedata folder, the RSS textures and the dev version of Sigma dimensions. Then dropped the content of RSSE and Sigma binary.

Like this

EDIT: I used the Kopernicus folder provided with SSRSS only.

After a couple hours of messing around, I was able to get it to work. I have had some trouble visiting the planetoids, though. I use MechJeb to plan my planetary transfers, and they seem to bug out. 

On 5/16/2016 at 2:47 PM, Nansuchao said:

I just landed a probe on Phobos and Deimos. I had not a suicide burn, but a hard push to stai in contact with the terrain. With the rescale, these two moon are so tiny that when you think to land you will bump in space instead. It would be possible to make them miss the rescale?

Reveal hidden contents

Yw3aJOX.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

PAwMd0J.jpg

yes. Will look into it

Fixed. Good luck landing on the moons tho, hard af

GcIgzeR.jpg

IBQEpgn.jpg

1 hour ago, Phocks said:

After a couple hours of messing around, I was able to get it to work. I have had some trouble visiting the planetoids, though. I use MechJeb to plan my planetary transfers, and they seem to bug out. 

Guess you're gunna have to do it the hard way, like old times. 

Edited by sDaZe

7 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Fixed. Good luck landing on the moons tho, hard af

GcIgzeR.jpg

IBQEpgn.jpg

Guess you're gunna have to do it the hard way, like old times. 

The extra hard way, from my wonky, non-equatorial orbit launched from Woomera, Australia

2 hours ago, Phocks said:

How do they bug out? I think I will only play this during the weekend, I'm short on time now. But maybe you can try the dev version (you can find it on the MechJeb OP). I used that and so far had no trouble visiting the major planets in SSRSS, I'll report back when I test with the dwarf planets.

Ah I also use Kerbal Alarm Clock.

Can't seem to get this to work on a clean install.  Seems to drop me right into RSS without scaling.  Can someone give me a blow by blow of how to install this correctly?  Do I just install SSRSS or do I need to add some other mods?

Edited by Probus

18 minutes ago, Probus said:

Can't seem to get this to work on a clean install.  Seems to drop me right into RSS without scaling.  Can someone give me a blow by blow of how to install this correctly?  Do I just install SSRSS or do I need to add some other mods?

Download SSRSS 

Download RSS Textures from the link in the README

Download Sigma Dimensions from the link in the README

Drag every folder from the SSRSS into your gamedata except the EVE and  PICK WHAT SVE YOU WANT IN HERE . If you want clouds go into that folder and drag the corresponding res into your gamedata and the EVE folder

Drag the RSS Textures and the Sigma Dimensions files into your gamedata 

You dont need anything else unless you want it.. aka Kerbal enginner, scansat etc. 

New Europa everyone! :D

3U7fI8E.jpg

Edited by sDaZe

41 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Download SSRSS 

Drag every folder from the SSRSS into your gamedata except the EVE and  PICK WHAT SVE YOU WANT IN HERE . If you want clouds go into that folder and drag the corresponding res into your gamedata and the EVE folder

You dont need anything else unless you want it.. aka Kerbal enginner, scansat etc. 

so I've done my share of manual installs (only way I've ever done it), but I'll be honest: that sounds like a really convoluted mess of an install process. I guess it is what it is; otherwise your work looks glorious, I'll have to give it a go!

cheers

22 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

so I've done my share of manual installs (only way I've ever done it), but I'll be honest: that sounds like a really convoluted mess of an install process. I guess it is what it is; otherwise your work looks glorious, I'll have to give it a go!

cheers

Blame licences and choices

On 17 May 2016 at 4:49 PM, Nansuchao said:

Weird thing happens when you travel around the tiny moons of Mars

Reveal hidden contents

DmybjMF.png

@sDaZe and @Berlin this also happened to me in the Jupiter moons, I wondered what the explosion was when time warping, I'll check again and see what moons collided.

3 hours ago, sDaZe said:

Download SSRSS 

Gorgeous @sDaZe!!

I thought I did that.  I ended up editing the Sigma Dimensions config file to change the dimensions and it started working.  Wonder what I did wrong.

Thanks for the reply BTW.  I appreciate it.

EDIT:  I see where I went wrong.  Missed the Settings.cfg in the root GameData directory.  That did the trick :wink: 

Edited by Probus
Found it!!

5 minutes ago, Probus said:

Gorgeous @sDaZe!!

I thought I did that.  I ended up editing the Sigma Dimensions config file to change the dimensions and it started working.  Wonder what I did wrong.

Thanks for the reply BTW.  I appreciate it.

You didn't put the settings.cfg from the zip file in the gamedata folder

I love the look of this mod but I feel kinda overwhelmed by the installation instructions and all the reports here. Maybe I should wait a bit and let the mod mature some more before I start playing with it, as I am afraid I might mess something up.