[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

the install is easy enough just follow the instructions in the readme, and ignore the info on the first page about requiring rss, you only need the textures as it says in the readme. Still curious if any others have tried rovers on mars yet? Am i the only one with rovers falling into the ground exploding?

7 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

@sDaZe @Berlin The issue with Titan of high/low orbit is present all around the Saturn system. Soon I'll check also the other gas giants.

We are looking into it. This is going to delay the update just a little. 

The install is really easy, you just have to follow instructions. It literally says right under the download to read the readme

Edited by sDaZe

Hello Group!

So I have always felt limited by the number of Moon biomes in RSS. In stock KSP, there are 24 biomes spread between the Mun and Minmus. I set out to fix that problem.

Attached is a new biome map for The Moon as well as the config file that goes along with it. I have added biomes to create the total number of 24. What I did was add the named "seas" that are on the near side of the Moon as well as the five largest craters over 300 km in diameter.

Everything should work well and now you can get all that sweet, sweet science from the Moon that will allow you to travel everywhere else!

@sDaZe @Berlin Please feel free to use this as an addition to the mod.

Let me know if you find any issues. If you want more of the major craters named, it is not hard for me to do.

Pap

So this is what i did and worked on the first try.  There are less steps ways to get it done but hopefully this clears up some of the confusion.
This also assumes you want the clouds and StockVisualEnhancements, it also assume you know how to copy/paste and extract zip files :)
Lovely mod, thanks!

Follow the link to download the main piece of the mod: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BwxOlKa6Lfl0b1UxaW1qTkxZZE0&export=download

Extract the zip file
Open the extracted folder which should be called SSRSS
Keep opening the subfolders until you are inside the GameData folder where you see all the actual pices of the mod DistanObject, Koprnicus, etc...
Copy all those files and folders in your KSP GameData folder EXCEPT PICK WHAT SVE YOU WANT IN HERE
OK, with that done go back to the SSRS folder you extracted everything to and open the EXCEPT PICK WHAT SVE YOU WANT IN HERE folder
Decide which level you want and open that folder
Copy the StockVisualEnhancements folder into your KSP GameData folder where just moments ago you copied the SSRSS main mod
You now have the basics installed, you need Sigma and the RSS stuff now

Sigma
Follow this link and download the zip file under the downloads section: https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions/releases/tag/v0.5.0
Extract the zip file
Open the extracted folder which should be called Sigma-Dimensions.v0.5.0
Drill into the folder untill you see the Sigma folder
Copy that entire folder into your KSP GameData folder

One piece left and its just like the others
Following this link and download the zip file under the downloads section: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RSS-Textures/releases
I used the files under the v10.4 - Textures for RSS v10.6+ section.  The bigger the number on the zip file, the better it looks
You only need to download one of them.  If you want to see how they all look download them all, up to you
With your chosen RSS file downloaded, extract the zip file
You should end up with an extract folder with a number matching the one you downloaded
Same as before, drill into the folder untill you see the RSS-Textures folder
Copy that folder into your KSP GameData folder

That should be it.  Fire up KSP and see what happens

HTH

Any idea how to get SCANSat working in SSRSS?  Initially I was getting "too high" status when I was at 100km.  I saw an early post in this thread saying that deleting the scansat config files in the SSRSS and SigmaDimensions folders would resolve this.  It did get rid of the "too high" status but I'm not getting a map.  Is there some other configuration change that is required?

28 minutes ago, AndreZero said:

Any idea how to get SCANSat working in SSRSS?  Initially I was getting "too high" status when I was at 100km.  I saw an early post in this thread saying that deleting the scansat config files in the SSRSS and SigmaDimensions folders would resolve this.  It did get rid of the "too high" status but I'm not getting a map.  Is there some other configuration change that is required?

I haven't had any issues with the UI or maps on it. Once I removed the two config files, it has worked great. Is there any chance it is another mod causing the issues?

1 hour ago, pap1723 said:

I haven't had any issues with the UI or maps on it. Once I removed the two config files, it has worked great. Is there any chance it is another mod causing the issues?

I removed all my mods except what SSRSS requires + SCANSat and started a sandbox game and scansat worked fine in that.  I incrementally added my mods back and it kept working.  So after I had all my mods back I loaded my career game and my scansat was still not scanning.  Then I stopped scanning with it and restarted.  And it started mapping.  I forgot the second rule of tech support - "Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again"  (in my defense, I restarted KSP repeatedly but it didn't occur to me to restart the satellite!) 

39 minutes ago, AndreZero said:

I removed all my mods except what SSRSS requires + SCANSat and started a sandbox game and scansat worked fine in that.  I incrementally added my mods back and it kept working.  So after I had all my mods back I loaded my career game and my scansat was still not scanning.  Then I stopped scanning with it and restarted.  And it started mapping.  I forgot the second rule of tech support - "Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again"  (in my defense, I restarted KSP repeatedly but it didn't occur to me to restart the satellite!) 

I laughed out loud at that! 

OK EVERYONE, So just now my SSD just took a dump and took all of my work/files with it. This is potentially crippling to the update... Good thing we have @sDaZe to provide me with a copy of mostly current stuff.  I'll just lose my work from today which wasn't much (yes it was) .  HANG IN THERE GUYS N GALS 

Edited by Berlin

23 hours ago, frostsid said:

How do they bug out? I think I will only play this during the weekend, I'm short on time now. But maybe you can try the dev version (you can find it on the MechJeb OP). I used that and so far had no trouble visiting the major planets in SSRSS, I'll report back when I test with the dwarf planets.

Ah I also use Kerbal Alarm Clock.

I haven't had any problems with the majors, but when I put an interplanetary transfer for dwarf planets or asteroids, the delta v requirement for the maneuver rapidly increases as I rotate the vessel to face the maneuver node. It'll start out at ~1500m/s, then as I rotate jump up to 5000+ m/s, just from rotating the vessel. Really weird.

While trying to figure out the Saturn system Near science thing i took this behind titan.. 

zNZiRfK.png

Also landing on the moon in the new update: 

@Nhawks17 Keep up the good work on sve :3 :D 

As you can see there is Lunar dust and the transition from high to low space is almost flawless 

Edited by sDaZe

15 hours ago, pap1723 said:

Hello Group!

So I have always felt limited by the number of Moon biomes in RSS. In stock KSP, there are 24 biomes spread between the Mun and Minmus. I set out to fix that problem.

Attached is a new biome map for The Moon as well as the config file that goes along with it. I have added biomes to create the total number of 24. What I did was add the named "seas" that are on the near side of the Moon as well as the five largest craters over 300 km in diameter.

Everything should work well and now you can get all that sweet, sweet science from the Moon that will allow you to travel everywhere else!

@sDaZe @Berlin Please feel free to use this as an addition to the mod.

Let me know if you find any issues. If you want more of the major craters named, it is not hard for me to do.

Pap

Great work!

Where is that config file you're talking about? I'd love to integrate these biomes into SSRSS. Is it hard to do it myself?

10 hours ago, dani_drift said:

Any recommendation to contracts mods working well for this mod?

thanks for this mod

I have used quite a few Contract Mods with this. The most natural one is Contract Pack: Historic Missions. 

Make sure you choose the Real Solar System option and it works great!

I also like the functionality of Strategia, but it is a little more involved than a regular contract pack.

Edited by pap1723
Removed Files: See new post

3 hours ago, hoover2701 said:

:cool: Thanks! That was lightning fast! Now I can "science the excrements" out of this "new moon"!

Hoover, let me know if you are having an issue with it. Despite the colors being correct on the map, and the config file being correct, there seems to be an issue with Oceanus Procellarum and Major Craters. The Oceanus Procellarum is only supposed to be part of the Lunar seas and the Major Craters are scattered throughout the Moon.

From what I can see, the Major Craters are not represented at all. Please help to determine if that is the case...

2 hours ago, pap1723 said:

Hoover, let me know if you are having an issue with it. Despite the colors being correct on the map, and the config file being correct, there seems to be an issue with Oceanus Procellarum and Major Craters. The Oceanus Procellarum is only supposed to be part of the Lunar seas and the Major Craters are scattered throughout the Moon.

From what I can see, the Major Craters are not represented at all. Please help to determine if that is the case...

Hmmm, I am willing to help but I can't seem to get it to work. The Moon.cfg makes my Earth become Kerbin again??? I have even tested to just change the Biome part in the SSRSS-Moon.cfg but whenever I start KSP with your Moon.cfg all planetary changes are lost and I'm back to Kerbin, Mun, Minmus etc.??? 

57 minutes ago, hoover2701 said:

Hmmm, I am willing to help but I can't seem to get it to work. The Moon.cfg makes my Earth become Kerbin again??? I have even tested to just change the Biome part in the SSRSS-Moon.cfg but whenever I start KSP with your Moon.cfg all planetary changes are lost and I'm back to Kerbin, Mun, Minmus etc.??? 

MY BAD!!!

There were a couple of spots that I forgot to close some brackets. Here is the corrected file. From my testing, Planck Crater, Poincare Crater, Schrodinger Crater and the Major Craters biomes are all not working. It is one of two things and I will test later today:

1) The colors used to create the map are too close together and the game doesn't like that. (VERY POSSIBLE)

2) There is a limit on the number of Biomes per celestial body.

I will let you know what I find out.

UPDATED FILES

https://www.dropbox.com/s/87fi3o2kbur81ec/RSSMoonBiomes_v2.zip?dl=0

Thanks a lot! I have another game running so I do not know if I come to this in the near future but I'd like to see your biome maps integrated into this fantastic mod because once I'm done with my current career I'll definitely check out the SSRSS and having more complex biomes is a great feature for any planetary mod, so keep up "bioming"! 

51 minutes ago, pap1723 said:

MY BAD!!!

There were a couple of spots that I forgot to close some brackets. Here is the corrected file. From my testing, Planck Crater, Poincare Crater, Schrodinger Crater and the Major Craters biomes are all not working. It is one of two things and I will test later today:

1) The colors used to create the map are too close together and the game doesn't like that. (VERY POSSIBLE)

2) There is a limit on the number of Biomes per celestial body.

I will let you know what I find out.

UPDATED FILES

https://www.dropbox.com/s/87fi3o2kbur81ec/RSSMoonBiomes_v2.zip?dl=0

Looking forward to including this once you iron out the wrinkles! 

15 hours ago, sDaZe said:

While trying to figure out the Saturn system Near science thing i took this behind titan.. 

Also landing on the moon in the new update: 

@Nhawks17 Keep up the good work on sve :3 :D 

As you can see there is Lunar dust and the transition from high to low space is almost flawless 

I have to say, you guys really work fast.