[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

1 hour ago, Meteor Man said:

@Berlin Looking at the clouds.cfg files, selfish_meme's has the storm entry while the one in the dl does not. Also, meme's clouds.cfg adds awesome clouds to Venus.

I think I will stick with his, especially while the dl Venus looks like crap without clouds lulz

Cool!  Can't wait to see it! 

2 hours ago, Berlin said:

Cool!  Can't wait to see it! 

Um as I said in my post I would not use mine, you will also find Jupiter and Saturn jave turned green because they are using Jools cloud configs. They can be turned the right colour and height really simply, I already have better colors in mine.

This was meant for @Berlin to copy stuff out of if he wanted for his configs, not to replace their configs.

Edited by selfish_meme

9 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

Um as I said in my post I would not use mine, you will also find Jupiter and Saturn jave turned green because they are using Jools cloud configs. They can be turned the right colour and height really simply, I already have better colors in mine.

This was meant for @Berlin to copy stuff out of if he wanted for his configs, not to replace their configs.

I can edit them and make them the right color.  I appreciate your work and help.  Our next goal was venus and Jupiter anyway so this makes things so easy for me! 

Edited by Berlin

44 minutes ago, Berlin said:

I can edit them and make them the right color.  I appreciate your work and help.  Our next goal was venus and Jupiter anyway so this makes things so easy for me! 

I'm currently in orbit around Jupiter and it seems already wonderful!

11 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

I'm currently in orbit around Jupiter and it seems already wonderful!

Its pretty cool when you timewarp and you see the bands revolve in different directions, with the clouds

Edited by selfish_meme

@Berlin @sDaZe

Great work on the mod guys! But I encountered a minor bug/glitch with Tarsier Space Technology. 

Lots of this in the output log:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Invalid matrix index!
  at UnityEngine.Matrix4x4.set_Item (Int32 index, Single value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at UnityEngine.Matrix4x4.set_Item (Int32 row, Int32 column, Single value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at UnityEngine.Matrix4x4.SetRow (Int32 i, Vector4 v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at CelestialShadows.ScaledShadowComponent.OnWillRenderObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Removing SRSS cleared it up.

The two layers of volumetric clouds on Earth in conjunction with scatterer really kill my FPS, this is probably due more to my aging hardware though.

I will upload a new clouds config in a minute with height and color fixes for Jupiter and Saturn. (not finished just not green)

Edit: when I said a minute I meant a few hours, sorry life gets in the way.

Edited by selfish_meme

I like the quote in the first photo of the OP. It feels...familiar :wink: 

On a more serious notes, the stuff you're doing here is really really neat. Keep up the good work! 

44 minutes ago, MrMooner said:

Is anyone else seeing the bug in which it fails to correctly unlock the planet the first time you visit ? (you've got to go back to the tracking center before it unlocks)

Never heard of unlocking a planet

New clouds.cfg (Note: I have been experimenting with Earths Clouds so don't copy if you want to keep yours the same as they were)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6gbi4omighqM0o3Q0VzdUpnUEE

Some images, Saturn is still green, I found a performance issue and fixed it (I probably caused it too)

Edited by selfish_meme

23 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

New clouds.cfg (Note: I have been experimenting with Earths Clouds so don't copy if you want to keep yours the same as they were)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6gbi4omighqM0o3Q0VzdUpnUEE

Some images, Saturn is still green, I found a performance issue and fixed it (I probably caused it too)

so I fixed Saturn and Jupiter but I'm not getting any clouds on Venus.. Are your clouds on Earth more FPS friendly?

Just now, Berlin said:

so I fixed Saturn and Jupiter but I'm not getting any clouds on Venus.. Are your clouds on Earth more FPS friendly?

They are now I found a missing bracket, 

1 minute ago, Berlin said:

Did you go to surface of venus because scatterer obscures the clouds

Dunno if this will help you @Berlin or @selfish_meme with doing your configs for the clouds but if you'd like the original "real life" colored images of the textures I'm using to help get an idea for the colors I'll post them below.

Spoiler

Here's the texture I use for Eve (Venus)

Spoiler

RWfQgsj.jpg

And here are the two Jupiter textures from the old RVE Github if you want true color images instead of black and white.

EasterlyBelt

WesterlyBelt

P.s. Click the Raw button above the images if you want to download it

Edited by Nhawks17

Quick Challenge:

- What celestial body is this?

Spoiler

nQtQeLP.jpg

The winner will receive a .craft of a FTL capable ship, able to explore every planet/moon of the solar system and collect tons and tons of SCIENCE!

@sDaZe @Berlin That is truly amazing! You deserve a giant Thank You for giving me ours of fun, challenge and pleasure!

Edited by Nansuchao

Hi I'm not getting clouds, only city lights, I tried reinstalling EVE and SVE from the included folder with no luck, am I doing something wrong? It worked for me in 1.0.8, but it's not working in version 1.1 of the mod.

Thanks

Edited by _Krieger_

1 hour ago, _Krieger_ said:

Hi I'm not getting clouds, only city lights, I tried reinstalling EVE and SVE from the included folder with no luck, am I doing something wrong? It worked for me in 1.0.8, but it's not working in version 1.1 of the mod.

Thanks

here: