[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

These are also done.. The rings on Jupiter spin and look glorious. Also the storm on Saturn is now facing the right direction and is also a cloud layer!

vIAqFP7.pngqZjCuoo.png

Edited by Berlin

Ok....so kindof an SVE question so If I need to go over there tell me to get outttttt, with more recent versions of SSRSS there is a city texture showing up under the space center, Im sure its just a matter of personal preference but its driving me nuts, is there any way to comment out or shift the city locations or am I stuck just turning them off?

Just now, selfish_meme said:

Not sure how realistic you guys want to get but here are photos from the surface of Venus (I'm playing with scatterer trying to replicate the haze)

ajX78MS.jpg

and Mars (your clouds may be a bit over the top :D)

Mars_sky_at_noon_PIA01546.jpg

I think I have almost the same effect :) and yes my clouds are definitely over the top lol

3 hours ago, Berlin said:

These are also done.. The rings on Jupiter spin and look glorious. Also the storm on Saturn is now facing the right direction and is also a cloud layer!

vIAqFP7.pngqZjCuoo.png

4 hours ago, Berlin said:

New Venus....that is a cloud layer...

PmFLC60.png

Wow, that looks absolutely fantastic.

You know I would be tempted to put some simple plain low res one color textures on the Gas Giants (optional for those who don't want clouds) it will save memory and performance and the only time you would see it is when plunging to your death. Maybe a big smiley face?

3 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

You know I would be tempted to put some simple plain low res one color textures on the Gas Giants (optional for those who don't want clouds) it will save memory and performance and the only time you would see it is when plunging to your death. Maybe a big smiley face?

The inner science nerd in me wont do that :( 

16 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

But the inside won't look like the outside anyway, and it's anyones guess what it would look like. A black ball would be as accurate as anything else because no light would penetrate that deep.

Edited by selfish_meme

7 minutes ago, Table said:

SVE isn't showing up. Only Scatterer is, I'm using Ultra Res for SVE, and I also the EVE that comes along with it installled

See a few replies up you need to download a texture

2 hours ago, sDaZe said:

Just tested deleting all the gasgiantcolor.dds files from rss-textures and adding a 10x10 pixel gasgiant.dds then changing the Kopernicus configs to point to it instead, saved about 180mb out of RAM, more than the difference between SVE High and Ultra. No worries if you guys don't want to add it I'll just put a little zip file together for myself, I only have 8GB of memory and no way to increase it at the moment, so it's useful for me.

Edited by selfish_meme

10 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

Quick Challenge:

- What celestial body is this?

Hide contents

nQtQeLP.jpg

The winner will receive a .craft of a FTL capable ship, able to explore every planet/moon of the solar system and collect tons and tons of SCIENCE!

@sDaZe @Berlin That is truly amazing! You deserve a giant Thank You for giving me ours of fun, challenge and pleasure!

It's Miranda. Right?

sorry for the OT, guys

Edited by Meteor Man

@Berlin Just found an error in the scatterer folder, probably doesn't matter for you Windows users but case does on Linux and Mac, I kept getting this error spammed to my log

[EXC 13:28:27.054] FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/home/user/.steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/scatterer/config/Io/Proland/Textures/Atmo/inscatter.raw".

in your download you have the folder Proland in the above path with a lower case p, but the config has an uppercase P, @blackrack that's one error you can dismiss from my log.

Edit: Also Triton is triton and the proland in it is also lower case

Edit 2: Also Jupiter's proland is lower case, @blackrack this may be my Jupiter issue, yes it is, case solved!

Edit 3: Pluto is pluto

That should make the experience more enjoyable

10 minutes ago, Meteor Man said:

It's Miranda. Right?

@Nansuchao I think it's one of Jupiters moons, callisto or ganymede

Edited by selfish_meme

3 hours ago, Meteor Man said:

It's Miranda. Right?

sorry for the OT, guys

3 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

@Nansuchao I think it's one of Jupiters moons, callisto or ganymede

2 hours ago, budda said:

titan ?

And the winner is..... @selfish_meme, it's Ganymede with his beautiful blue haze and his fashion terrain!

Here's your ship: https://www.dropbox.com/s/esdzru43a8asnet/Warp%20Probe.craft?dl=0

You just need Interstellar Extended and DMagic Orbital Science to make it work. :D

4 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

And the winner is..... @selfish_meme, it's Ganymede with his beautiful blue haze and his fashion terrain!

Here's your ship: https://www.dropbox.com/s/esdzru43a8asnet/Warp%20Probe.craft?dl=0

You just need Interstellar Extended and DMagic Orbital Science to make it work. :D

It's not really fair I pointed out it had a slight oxygen atmosphere to @Berlin or @sDaZe and they ran wiith it. Whats interesting is that these moons though smaller than ours have more atmosphere and even clouds.

9 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

Not sure how realistic you guys want to get but here are photos from the surface of Venus (I'm playing with scatterer trying to replicate the haze)

ajX78MS.jpg

Disgusting! Looks like someone just peed all over the atmosphere. For decades. 

Are you sure this isn't recolored? Wikipedia gives me this: Venus_venera13.jpg

44 minutes ago, lCristol said:

Disgusting! Looks like someone just peed all over the atmosphere. For decades. 

Are you sure this isn't recolored? Wikipedia gives me this: Venus_venera13.jpg

They are undoubtably brightened at least and were probably black and white originally though venera 13 and 14 sent rgb tv back apparently

Edited by selfish_meme

11 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

They are undoubtably brightened at least and were probably black and white originally though venera 13 and 14 sent rgb tv back apparently

I first also thought it was simply colored from a black and white pic. But indeed, those crazy Russians - gotta love 'em - send a heavy color recognizing camera there. In those pictures you can even see the massive cover for the lense lying at the landing legs, which apparently was decoupled just before the camera would be avtivated.

Holy gosh! This Venera probe really is an enormously impressive piece of probe. 

However, so far I think the really yellow ones are a little bit oversaturated and brightened.

@Berlin @sDaZe I just saw that you really included my configs in the 1.0.8 download with your adjustments. I'm so happy :) 

However, as the planets have been resized, this leads to a different look again. Which somebody already noted with there beeing somehow no atmosphere. 

I saw that Berlin will redo those. I still would suggest to take something along the lines of the configs I suggested to have a better compatibility between OS's. When you have the next update ready I will have a look at the current scatterer settings. 

3 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

When they pan off the edge of those photos you get a glimpse of the sulphuric yellow again, because they are sulphur laden clouds.

How cozy :)