[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

Looks awesome! Question for you guys: any particular reason Scatterer is tanking my fps?

As for Titan, that would be cool, but what I would really like to see is a more accurate atmosphere for the moon, as viewed in the visible spectrum. It's gotta have the characteristic haze, from orbit as well as the surface. Maybe you could add another cloud layer like Venus.

1 minute ago, Meteor Man said:

Looks awesome! Question for you guys: any particular reason Scatterer is tanking my fps?

As for Titan, that would be cool, but what I would really like to see is a more accurate atmosphere for the moon, as viewed in the visible spectrum. It's gotta have the characteristic haze, from orbit as well as the surface. Maybe you could add another cloud layer like Venus.

I can add the haze to the moon BUT that requires more scatterer lol

2 hours ago, sDaZe said:

Hopefully nothing broke :P  

Also would you guys be interested in something like this on titan? 

solarsystemwiki-The-north-pole-vortex-on

I am interested, I'm just patiently waiting for Kopernicus Expansion to update so we could integrate more features, and also can you add compatibility for RSS Planet Packs? Like RSS Expanded?

8 minutes ago, Table said:

I am interested, I'm just patiently waiting for Kopernicus Expansion to update so we could integrate more features, and also can you add compatibility for RSS Planet Packs? Like RSS Expanded?

Already compatible 

37 minutes ago, schedar said:

That is exactly the mod I was looking for! Thank you so much! Please keep it bug free and up to date and I will be very happy.

Thanks! You gotta remember this is in Add-on Development not Add on Release 

2 hours ago, Meteor Man said:

If your talking about your FPS on Earth it's more likely SVE, too many layers of volumetric clouds is what tanks my FPS, scatterer is rarely more than a 5 FPS loss, but layers of volumetric clouds costs 10+ FPS for me.

3 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

If your talking about your FPS on Earth it's more likely SVE, too many layers of volumetric clouds is what tanks my FPS, scatterer is rarely more than a 5 FPS loss, but layers of volumetric clouds costs 10+ FPS for me.

Well I disabled ocean shaders and I gained a bunch of fps back, tho it does drop somewhat when going through clouds.

3 minutes ago, Meteor Man said:

Well I disabled ocean shaders and I gained a bunch of fps back, tho it does drop somewhat when going through clouds.

What version of SVE are you using?  Ultra? 

18 minutes ago, Meteor Man said:

Naw I dropped to high after I saw the terrible fps with ultra. It seems to be manageable now but I don't have the pretty ocean.

Put the oceans back and go to alt-0 ingame and then arrow across to Cloud Manager, delete the Earth-Hurricane and the Earth-CumulusVolume settings, then hit apply and see if it helps.

10 minutes ago, Berlin said:

@selfish_meme, how many fps are you getting with your cfg?  I'm pretty  sure I used your cfg in this update. 

With all the cloud configs mine flatlines at 25 FPS and physics goes yellow, when I play I delete all the clouds except cirrus to get back up to 30-40 FPS and green physics, I am using 8K textures and SVE UR for configuration. Plus I set my oceans to 128 rather than 64.

My aging GTX 570 has for some time had an issue with SVE's clouds, EVE was fine because it only had one layer but SVE always tanked it.

Edited by selfish_meme

9 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

Put the oceans back and go to alt-0 ingame and then arrow across to Cloud Manager, delete the Earth-Hurricane and the Earth-CumulusVolume settings, then hit apply and see if it helps.

To be fair, I'd rather keep the hurricane and the volumetric clouds rather than have the ocean

16 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

With all the cloud configs mine flatlines at 25 FPS and physics goes yellow, when I play I delete all the clouds except cirrus to get back up to 30-40 FPS and green physics, I am using 8K textures and SVE UR for configuration. Plus I set my oceans to 128 rather than 64.

My aging GTX 570 has for some time had an issue with SVE's clouds, EVE was fine because it only had one layer but SVE always tanked it.

That jump from 64 to 128 isn't very noticeable and it creates some weird effects on Titans water in my experience. It also it hits my FPS pretty good.  I have a gtx980 with an i5k. All OC'd and it still hits me pretty good at 128.

Here's a couple of screenshots with the difference in performance I get when turning off the ocean, this is with SVE UR and all clouds so my FPS is pinned anyway, nice hurricane by the way, I am at a very dramatic moment in my save, you can see a slight scaling issue in the second shot with the cumulus volume cloud

I'll add some screenshots in a minute after I delete different cloud layers

Hurricane and Cumulus Volume removed suddenly not pegged at 25 FPS anymore, but no hurricane ;.;

SzZJSdc.png

With no clouds on Earth at all, just scatterer

cWDCmAe.png

With no clouds and no scatter on Earth

enPoy1T.png

As you can see scatterer is not that big a hit compared to SVE

Edited by selfish_meme

So I was just driving a rover on the moon, and suddenly it sunk into the ground and exploded! DX What in the world could cause such a thing?

edit: in other news, the moon is buggy for me

Spoiler

Z8Ul9dH.png

note earth's lights on the moon

Edited by Meteor Man

29 minutes ago, Meteor Man said:

So I was just driving a rover on the moon, and suddenly it sunk into the ground and exploded! DX What in the world could cause such a thing?

edit: in other news, the moon is buggy for me

note earth's lights on the moon

Lights on other bodies is a known EVE issue, rovers dropping through the surface has happened before, but I thought it was fixed, also the moon texture from far away is bad, does not look right from Earths orbit.

@Berlin, these clouds are awesome

Edited by selfish_meme

1 hour ago, selfish_meme said:

Lights on other bodies is a known EVE issue, rovers dropping through the surface has happened before, but I thought it was fixed, also the moon texture from far away is bad, does not look right from Earths orbit.@Berlin, these clouds are awesome

Spoiler

is there any way to make some of those bands rotate backwards? You see that on real Jupiter (irl Jupiter has storms that propagate retrograde) it could could real nice and accurate

in other news about to embark on the moon again, here's hoping no explosions will occur.

Spoiler

U7y1mp7.png

UPDATE: CATASTROPHIC FAILURE
KSC thinks it was due to something called a "bug" :(

Spoiler

z5gK8Ov.png

Edited by Meteor Man

I had the same issue with a ship sinking in the ground and exploding on the Moon's North Pole. Also, the terrain there has a terrible glitch effect, it seems the house of an giant alien John Deere, but those probably are RSS issues.

26 minutes ago, Meteor Man said:

is there any way to make some of those bands rotate backwards? You see that on real Jupiter (irl Jupiter has storms that propagate retrograde) it could could real nice and accurate

in other news about to embark on the moon again, here's hoping no explosions will occur.

Reveal hidden contents

U7y1mp7.png

UPDATE: CATASTROPHIC FAILURE
KSC thinks it was due to something called a "bug" :(

9 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

I had the same issue with a ship sinking in the ground and exploding on the Moon's North Pole. Also, the terrain there has a terrible glitch effect, it seems the house of an giant alien John Deere, but those probably are RSS issues.

I think I know whats causing it and will test and package a new update..sorry guys

@Berlin, do you have an easy way to convert real life lattitudes and longitudes into ones appropriate for SSRSS, eg. SSRSS KSC is at 28.61,279.49 while the real KSC is at approx 28.61,-80.6445569, are they reversed? Hmmm thats funny, Hyperedit sees the correct lattitude and longitude, will check it out.

Edited by selfish_meme

9 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

@selfish_meme I was using your Venus atmo resize, can i ask why you put it at 300,000? I feel like thats a bit much seeing as normal eve is 90k 

Yeah but venus is 250k, but it needs a curve anyway, kahman line is 100k on earth, much higher on venus

Edited by selfish_meme

9 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

Yeah but venus is 250k, but it needs a curve anyway, kahman line is 100k on earth, much higher on venus

Yeah but what im trying to say is we're going for stock size and not rss size, when you get to 300k you pretty much have to physical time warp to the surface which can take 20mins. 

Edited by sDaZe

8 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Yeah but what im trying to say is we're going for stock size and not rss size, when you get to 300k you pretty much have to physical time warp to the surface which can take 20mins. 

Sure, thats fine and even RSS don't make it as high as it should be I don't think, I was just playing with it being more realistic.

8 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

Sure, thats fine and even RSS don't make it as high as it should be I don't think, I was just playing with it being more realistic.

Yeah, thanks though! 

In other news.. Got a tip from the guy who made the RSS Atmospheres and he helped me alot! The new size of the atmo of Earth is 70k, sorry for you who wanted it to be 98 but 70k works the best. Oh and you also get to see the hurricane better :wink:

CxI8GiA.png