[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

4 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

Lights on other bodies is a known EVE issue, rovers dropping through the surface has happened before, but I thought it was fixed, also the moon texture from far away is bad, does not look right from Earths orbit.

@Berlin, these clouds are awesome

Your ship looks quite like my good old "USS hyperedit is for quitters"

4 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Also included in the next update is better terrain for all planets. Here are some pics of what i mean

Inside one of mars's Volcano's 

fWBP9It.jpg

dlmHtSj.png

Yessss!

9 minutes ago, lCristol said:

Your ship looks quite like my good old "USS hyperedit is for quitters"

Yeah I was using this to test why Jupiter was crashing my game, finally tracked it down to the scatterer folders having the wrong case in some instances

55 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Not until we get it where we want it

Yeah, well, obviously. But do you think this will ever happen? Or maybe even anytime soon? I dont think the user input will ever stop, there will always be something worth implementing or changing... speaking about this, what mod is ever finished? So yeah, I answered my own question... never mind me asking, I show myself out.

Keep up the great work, guys, this mod looks and sounds awesome. As soon as I feel the talk about next updates subsides a little, I will definitely tackle that somewhat complicated install. Just not looking to mess with these files on a near daily basis.

It has to be said you guys work very fast on this, I am amazed at the speed of development and all the implemented contribution. Thanks to all who participate!

cheers

Daf

On 25.05.2016 at 2:27 PM, selfish_meme said:

It sounds like you did not install rss-textures like the instructions say

RSS textures worked but any clouds i tryed to install dont work

11 hours ago, sDaZe said:

Also included in the next update is better terrain for all planets. Here are some pics of what i mean

as long as rovers don't sink into the ground and explode anymore, I'll be happy. I just want to race my dune buggy around Olympus Mons a bit

3 hours ago, Meteor Man said:

as long as rovers don't sink into the ground and explode anymore, I'll be happy. I just want to race my dune buggy around Olympus Mons a bit

1 hour ago, Example said:

yes i also had that issue on mars and it would be awesome if we could actually use rovers

Will be fixed in the next update :) 

So I am going to all of the bodies in your mod to determine the Flying vs Atmosphere Threshold Altitude and High Space vs Low Space Threshold Altitude. I noticed a bug at Venus. At 275,808m I am In Space High over Venus. At 275,807 m, I am Flying High over Venus. It completely skips over Low Space.

I have a question about resizing. Which config file and the file location would I edit to resize this awesome mod, say to mimic the popular size of the "64K" system? Can anyone suggest those values that would be needed to achieve this?

Also, what would be those values to resize to the same size as RSS?  Just want to say your mod is awesome, great job guys!!

How can I get stock sized orbits end RSS inclination? the Moon looks to be too small to look realistic from Earth with stock sized bodies IMO.

Great work on the mod! I had been looking for something like this for a while before this mod came out.

Cheers!

EDIT: I figured it out.

Edited by _Krieger_

38 minutes ago, pap1723 said:

So I am going to all of the bodies in your mod to determine the Flying vs Atmosphere Threshold Altitude and High Space vs Low Space Threshold Altitude. I noticed a bug at Venus. At 275,808m I am In Space High over Venus. At 275,807 m, I am Flying High over Venus. It completely skips over Low Space.

That was a leftover from my test config, pretty sure it's fixed in the next update

12 hours ago, Majorjim said:

Does this mod change the planet hightmaps?

They are RSS heightmaps rescaled as far as I know, so changed by the rescale factor

11 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

That was a leftover from my test config, pretty sure it's fixed in the next update

They are RSS heightmaps rescaled as far as I know, so changed by the rescale factor

Sounds good, just want to help bug squash

Serious.. @sDaZe and @Berlin..   A long time lurker in the KSP community, and part time commenter..   This is easily one of the most striving, over achieving (in a good way), difference making mod developments I've seen in ages. So many flash in the pan great mods and.....  The developer drops off the face of the earth..

You two are a fantastic team to push forward, extend, and advance the status quo of expectations.. Seriously.. Great job and if you guys ever reach that burn out period. Pass the baton because what you've guys put together went from "this is neat" to "I can't live without this"..  

5 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

I would love to see what they are like at ground level!

Thank you so much for this mod! I've always wanted to try RSS, but was a bit afraid of how big everything was. This is just right, and it looks gorgeous! Thank you for your hard work!

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 11:59 PM, sDaZe said:

Inside one of mars's Volcano's 

fWBP9It.jpg

dlmHtSj.png

WOW!!!! :)  That looks fantastic!!!!