[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

I'm having a problem with this mod and SCANSat/M4435 resource scanner. The altitude limits are not what they should be, making it impossible to do a narrow-band resource scan or low-res SCANSat mapping of Earth: M4435 max altitude is 41700m, SCAN RADAR max is 47000m. Values go back to normal if I uninstall SSRSS.

12 minutes ago, HotSandwich said:

I'm having a problem with this mod and SCANSat/M4435 resource scanner. The altitude limits are not what they should be, making it impossible to do a narrow-band resource scan or low-res SCANSat mapping of Earth: M4435 max altitude is 41700m, SCAN RADAR max is 47000m. Values go back to normal if I uninstall SSRSS.

On Earth? If its venus and stuff it should be fixed in the next update. 

1 hour ago, HotSandwich said:

I think this is affected by sigma dimensions rescale, you may need to ask @Sigma88

Edited by selfish_meme

2 hours ago, HotSandwich said:

There is a config file in the SSRSS compatibility folder for ScanSAT. Delete that file and all is good. 

im trying to launch my ksp with this mod. i keep getting a black loading screen after the initial loading screen and it says module manager: 42 patches applied and it keeps loading on the bottom right corner and the game just never starts... anyone know how to fix this? i tried a fresh install already

2 minutes ago, Ham the Astrochimp said:

im trying to launch my ksp with this mod. i keep getting a black loading screen after the initial loading screen and it says module manager: 42 patches applied and it keeps loading on the bottom right corner and the game just never starts... anyone know how to fix this? i tried a fresh install already

Sounds like you didn't install the RSS Textures

42 minutes ago, Ham the Astrochimp said:

I went to the first page of this forum and installed the mod from google drive, then in the folder theres options of 2k, 4k, and 8k textures. im assuming i messed up something related to this?

No, in the readme in the zip it tells you to go and get rss-textures, those ones in the zip are a few optional textures you overwrite rss-textures with.

Edited by selfish_meme

13 hours ago, HotSandwich said:

Actually, scanning on Earth is not working. I am trying to do an Altimetry scan. I tried with the config file removed and I also tried with the config file in the folder. It is strange that it doesn't work now but was working back before.

There is a difference between the collison height and the PQS height by several meters. Anything snapped to the PQS height is a few meters below the ground, I asked in Sigma Dimensions if it could be made more accurate

Just now, selfish_meme said:

There is a difference between the collison height and the PQS height by several meters. Anything snapped to the PQS height is a few meters below the ground, I asked in Sigma Dimensions if it could be made more accurate

Is this regarding the exploding rover? Or falling through the map? 

1 minute ago, selfish_meme said:

No this is in regards to placing things like bases on the surface of Earth

Oh ok.  I usually don't play with konstructs but it would be cool to have those old flood lights in this mod. 

2 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Oh ok.  I usually don't play with konstructs but it would be cool to have those old flood lights in this mod. 

I have been doing the configs for it and Real Launch Pads, but everything always ends up below ground between saves and I saw a conversation between sigma88 and alphaash about it seemed it was solved...shrug

12 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

I have been doing the configs for it and Real Launch Pads, but everything always ends up below ground between saves and I saw a conversation between sigma88 and alphaash about it seemed it was solved...shrug

Have you tried playing with the PQS values?  

OK all, I have figured out the culprits of the SCANsat issues. There is a config file in the Sigma installation that modifies the altitudes based on the rescale that Sigma provides. What it is doing is essentailly changing the altitude heights of the scanners to 1/10th of their normal size.

If you remove the SCANsat config file from the Sigma directory then you are good to go!

Hey, how does atmospheric pressure looks on Earth in comparison to Kerbin? I have made a chart from pressure curves provided by OhioBob (see link below). Do you have the curves that can be used for SSRSS planets?

Closeup on Titan :wink: I feel the jealousy from nhawks... 

11 hours ago, schedar said:

Hey, how does atmospheric pressure looks on Earth in comparison to Kerbin? I have made a chart from pressure curves provided by OhioBob (see link below). Do you have the curves that can be used for SSRSS planets?

He pretty much redid all the atmospheres in the upcoming update.