[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

Have you considered branching off into a different version scheme? When I read "1.1.4" I about near had a heart attack thinking all my mods were broken again :P

11 minutes ago, G'th said:

Have you considered branching off into a different version scheme? When I read "1.1.4" I about near had a heart attack thinking all my mods were broken again :P

Tried that and people got confused.... :P

Im going to release another update in a few seconds, sorry not sorry. 

On 4/30/2016 at 0:02 PM, sDaZe said:

- Fixed Major FPS Issues 

- Made Earth's day equivalent to Kerbin's (Thanks OhioBob)

- tidally locked locked Pluto and Charon (Thanks OhioBob)

Does anyone have any ideas of what we should do next? Like we've pretty much done everything we wanted. 

7 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Does anyone have any ideas of what we should do next? Like we've pretty much done everything we wanted. 

You could I guess include RSS expanded, if the licensing permits, plus I know someone did comets at one stage. Biome maps and details (look at a map of Cape Caneveral and what's in game, they are very different), what about mountains on Earth? Are they snow capped? Shrouded in clouds. Some of this might not be possible, but there are a lot of places to improve the details.

Just now, selfish_meme said:

You could I guess include RSS expanded, if the licensing permits, plus I know someone did comets at one stage. Biome maps and details (look at a map of Cape Caneveral and what's in game, they are very different), what about mountains on Earth? Are they snow capped? Shrouded in clouds. Some of this might not be possible, but there are a lot of places to improve the details.

Have you looked at Earths new terrain? Mountains should be alot better 

Also i forgot to show titans new water :D

XY31GA9.jpg

Kuiper Belt? Oort Cloud? The other dwarf planets? Basically all that cool stuff even RSS doesn't do? Granted aside from the dwarf planets, there wouldn't be much else in terms of bodies you could do (other than constantly improving/tweaking the visuals that is). May be comets? (might be a bit beyond the mods scope there)

Do asteroids generate around Jupiter? If not it'd be nice to see that simulated, what with Jupiter sucking in all the garbage that comes through the solar system.

Neptune and Uranus both could certainly use some attention. Uranus for instance is missing all of its moons, which is a shame given how awesome Miranda is. Granted, I believe the reason they're missing is because they haven't been mapped 100% in real life, but I'd think some creative extrapolation based on the already identified features could be really cool. Neptune is also missing most of its moons, which is also a shame from a gameplay perspective given how crazy the Neptune system is in terms of relative orbits. Pro and retrograde orbits, insane eccentricity, etc. 

I'd also love a delta-V and synchronous orbit chart for all the planets and moons. If only because I'm too lazy to do the math myself :P

Oh my gosh!!! These pics are absolutely stunning!!!  You two guys have got to be one of the two best modders out there!!  Thank you soooooo much for all the hard work, as it really shows in your work :) Downloading now.....

7 minutes ago, Dafni said:

Sorry for what must be a pretty stupid question, but how do I update the mod? Delete the old files and re-install?

Thanks in advance

yeah I would

@selfish_meme I skimmed through that thread and it seems as first of all it is for stock planets and secondly it simply replaces a planetary config for another?

Was hoping that duplicating one of the (SS)RSS bases at coordinate X and Y at planet Z could be done.

Edited by SkyKaptn

1 hour ago, Example said:

My rover on mars still falls through the ground, added pic to show exact location http://postimg.org/image/bjkh6pj1n/

Thats strange I'm not having any problem on Mars at all.  Might want to post your logs.  Do not post your logs directly on here, Please use dropbox for your logs and post the link here. Or if you want just send me your save and I'll test it out

Edited by Berlin

When Kopernicus Expansion updates maybe you guys could make animated gas giants, comet tails, and etc.

Also if you guys know how to make planets, then make comets, asteroids, moons, and other minor stuff.. etc.

Also the RSS Expanded License is Creative Commons, so you guys include this in your pack too.

Also you guys can provide compatibility for RSS Extrasolar.

13 minutes ago, Table said:

When Kopernicus Expansion updates maybe you guys could make animated gas giants, comet tails, and etc.

Also if you guys know how to make planets, then make comets, asteroids, moons, and other minor stuff.. etc.

Also the RSS Expanded License is Creative Commons, so you guys include this in your pack too.

Also you guys can provide compatibility for RSS Extrasolar.

We plan on including rss expanded but it will take some time for us to put scatterer on the bodies that need it.  Also kopernicus expansion will definitely happen when/if it's update. What I'm most concerned with is having a 2gb download. That's a bit crazy considering how often we update

Edited by Berlin

17 minutes ago, Berlin said:

We plan on including rss expanded but it will take some time for us to put scatterer on the bodies that need it.  Also kopernicus expansion will definitely happen when/if it's update. What I'm most concerned with is having a 2gb download. That's a bit crazy considering how often we update

From that point of view, you can include in the download just what is necessary and require to download the other dependancies separately, until this is in Add-On Development. Once is fully released, you have not to worry so much about a big download, if you have to do it once every few months.

22 minutes ago, Berlin said:

First off you could probably have an extended readme and install instructions rather than include everything in a single download, like EVE and Kopernics don"t need to be in there they can be downloaded seperately, you could also split up the packs for download between UR MR and LR like SVE and RSS-Textures

You should also use command line zip to remove all thumb.db files they are windows specific and are not necessary

Edited by selfish_meme

I think you should think about github and spacedock too, we could just download patches rather full downloads

The forums went down yesterday and there was no way for me to get the download location

Edited by selfish_meme

Regarding RSS Extrasolar, there is a bug sometimes. When you try to plan you maneuver to do a interplanetary injection Sagitarius A will always be the target. With this I mean, no matter how you do the burn your spacecraft will always be leaving the Sol System towards the other stars.

I'm not asking you to fix it, I just want to let people know before they install it :)

Edited by frostsid