[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

Okay guys I finally got some time to do a fresh install when I got home from work today. Stock game with no other mods installed except only for SSRSS and these are the results. Everything stock with SSRSS all looks absolutely fantastic! However, what I am trying to do is use Sigma to make SSRSS the size of 64k scale. That is when this anomaly appears and the result is the same in map view and in the game. I am using the latest Sigma version. It doesn't show up until you start getting closer to the planet and gets the larger glow ring the closer you get. It also appears and disappears depending on the angle of the view in relation to the sun in map view. With the sun behind you with planet in full shine you get the ring all the way around the planet. If you are viewing from the dark side of the planet the ring totally disappears. This only appears with planets with an atmosphere, with the exception that Earth does not have this ring in game or in map view. Here is a snap shot of the settings.cfg file located in the root GameData folder I am editing to 64k scale. Any idea what I am doing wrong or.... thanks for any help I love this mod!!! :) BTW, using a previous version of SSRSS I was able to achieve this goal with out any problems I am having now. I wanted to get the latest update of SSRSS to get the better planet surface textures to explore. Those pics of the moon and Mars are absolutely stunning. Also, the atmosphere setting of 1.64 in the config gives an altitude of 142 km which is around what I was looking for as I believe that simulates more accurately in my opinion. Thanks

kznK0vO.png

D2xxOVw.png

3 minutes ago, Duckyb4 said:

Lots of text

You need to find the perfect balance for this:

atmoVisualEffect = 0.1

If that number is wrong then it creates that halo effect you see. So yeah, just find the perfect number. Just a wild guess: 0.64? 

Edited by sDaZe

Okay thanks so much I will try 0.64 and play around with it :)

sDaZe you are the best!! That did the trick. I tried the 0.64 and it greatly reduced the halo. I put the setting back to 0.1 and it totally disappeared. If I may ask...what is the difference of the optional RSS textures you included in the download?

Edited by Duckyb4
adding results of testing

20 minutes ago, Duckyb4 said:

Okay thanks so much I will try 0.64 and play around with it :)

sDaZe you are the best!! That did the trick. I tried the 0.64 and it greatly reduced the halo. I put the setting back to 0.1 and it totally disappeared. If I may ask...what is the difference of the optional RSS textures you included in the download?

They just look a lot better than the ones included with rss in our opinion.  

11 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Just because @blackrack hasnt made ring shadows a feature yet, doesnt mean we cant try... :wink: Very much WIP and the rings used in this picture are the old ones @Berlin :huh:???

I have quite a bit of figuring out to do before these can be released though...  Hopefully I can have them ready in the next few weeks.  All in all,  these are a big maybe. 

6 hours ago, Duckyb4 said:

However, what I am trying to do is use Sigma to make SSRSS the size of 64k scale

Consider me intrigued. Hope you will release this as an add-on and not just for own use. Maybe @Berlin and @sDaZe could include this as an optional patch just like 0-inclination one?

Edited by SkyKaptn

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:56 PM, G'th said:

Having a strange issue with Earth's atmosphere (and presumably other planets atmospheres too). Atmosphere ends somewhere around 63km instead of the intended 100km.

Based on the changes I recommended to @sDaZe, Earth's atmosphere should go to 70 km, just like Kerbin's.  If it less than 70 km, try this... go to GameDate/Settings.cfg and change Atmosphere = 0.70 to Atmosphere = 0.80.

8 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

First flyby of Jupiter today. In awe..just awe. Forgot to take pictures

Guess you will have to do it again :)

Rule #1- finger never breaks contact with F1 key

Edited by Berlin

17 minutes ago, Berlin said:

First flyby of Jupiter today. In awe..just awe. Forgot to take pictures

Mission Control: That was your only job
SkyKaptn: Yeah, but..The Beauty..Those sights.. Won't happen again Sir
Mission Control: Damn right you are

50 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

Mission Control: That was your only job
SkyKaptn: Yeah, but..The Beauty..Those sights.. Won't happen again Sir
Mission Control: Damn right you are

bySLDaS.jpg

One job.... 

3 hours ago, OhioBob said:

Based on the changes I recommended to @sDaZe, Earth's atmosphere should go to 70 km, just like Kerbin's.  If it less than 70 km, try this... go to GameDate/Settings.cfg and change Atmosphere = 0.70 to Atmosphere = 0.80.

it is 70k