[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

Yup.. None of the suggestions fixed it..  My prior install never did this...  It's killing my OCD.  :lol:

Edit: Changing the Mesh to 1 helps but is a framerate killer

Edited by styckx

New to this mod and loving it so far! The only thing I am not sure of is I downloaded the mod from the dropbox link and everything is showing up except for clouds; is there something I need to do in order to "turn them on" ? I installed everything that was in the folder.

On 11/6/2016 at 8:37 PM, Sᴄɪɴᴛɪʟʟᴀᴛá´ÂÊ€ said:

Is there something wrong with the value for low sun orbit? Its supposed to be at 1 Mm if its the same scale as stock but I managed to get down below 400,000 km (before beginning to explode due to heat) and still hadn't reached the threshold for low orbit.

XqpuQRT.jpg

@sDaZe @Berlin

Could you please let me know if this is a known issue or something on my end? Its preventing me from finishing several contracts.

29 minutes ago, Sᴄɪɴᴛɪʟʟᴀᴛá´ÂÊ€ said:

@sDaZe @Berlin

Could you please let me know if this is a known issue or something on my end? Its preventing me from finishing several contracts.

It's not on your end.  It's the same problem we had with other planets and moons.  It will be fixed

On 6/16/2016 at 1:30 PM, badrobit said:

New to this mod and loving it so far! The only thing I am not sure of is I downloaded the mod from the dropbox link and everything is showing up except for clouds; is there something I need to do in order to "turn them on" ? I installed everything that was in the folder.

Dropbox link? Should only be a Google Drive one

Also i'm back from moving into my own place! Heres a pic of my setup :D 

d1KUkMr.jpg

I know its messy... for now.. 

Edited by sDaZe

4 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

d1KUkMr.jpg

Sorry it was a typo I meant google drive :)

6 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

d1KUkMr.jpg

Messy? Not at all, you have everithing's needed... or not?

On 6/16/2016 at 1:30 PM, badrobit said:

Just drag whatever Res you want from the SVE folder into your gamedata 

57 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Just drag whatever Res you want from the SVE folder into your gamedata 

I have tried doing this with all resolutions (deleting SVE and EVE folders between attempts) and the clouds never show up.

Hi Badrobit...if I may suggest this thought...are the clouds really there and they are rendering under the ground due to resizing like with Sigma. Perhaps try changing the altitude of one single cloud layer to say 70000 or like a high altitude. Reload KSP n see if they show up. If that works then it's just a matter of setting cloud altitudes to a altitude of your choice. Hope that helps as I experienced that one before :wink: Do this in the atmosphere config where the cloud layers are :)

Edited by Duckyb4

2 hours ago, Duckyb4 said:

Hi Badrobit...if I may suggest this thought...are the clouds really there and they are rendering under the ground due to resizing like with Sigma. Perhaps try changing the altitude of one single cloud layer to say 70000 or like a high altitude. Reload KSP n see if they show up. If that works then it's just a matter of setting cloud altitudes to a altitude of your choice. Hope that helps as I experienced that one before :wink: Do this in the atmosphere config where the cloud layers are :)

Hi @Duckyb4 I tried that and still no luck :(

19 hours ago, styckx said:

Is there a setting we can adjust to get rid of the mirrored land ring on the horizon before reaching space? 

h25GLMI.jpg

I have been wondering the same thing.  I think it's a scatterer thing. 

13 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Im pretty sure its sve

well blackrack, a month and a half back said he was fixing this issue so I assumed it was a scatterer issue. I may be wrong though

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

What is the issue I don't see what he's talking about.

It's the thin black line at the horizon. Almost looks like an aliasing issue. 

Edited by Berlin

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

What is the issue I don't see what he's talking about.

This area.. It's a halo of land that doesn't belong.  It's around the entire horizon even over open oceans. Only goes away around the 100km mark..   You can see it's basically cutting the Gulf Of Mexico in half.. 

BKjgFqw.jpg

Edited by styckx

9 hours ago, Berlin said:

It's the thin black line at the horizon. Almost looks like an aliasing issue. 

That is a scatterer issue

8 hours ago, styckx said:

This area.. It's a halo of land that doesn't belong.  It's around the entire horizon even over open oceans. Only goes away around the 100km mark..   You can see it's basically cutting the Gulf Of Mexico in half.. 

BKjgFqw.jpg

If I'm looking at the right thing you have circled that's just the 2D layer of clouds...

12 hours ago, styckx said:

BKjgFqw.jpg

Oh that.  That's the cloud layer.  That is an EVE thing.  The cloud textures on the layers don't fade away and are visible all the way to the horizon.  I've talked to Poodmund about it and it's just a frustrating thing that can't be helped