[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

Hello @Berlin and @sDaZe!

I am writing you to ask if I can redistribute the modifications to the clouds.cfg file and textures you made for your mod? I created a Half Size RSS inspired by your work and I have tweaked the values of the files to work visually with my mod.

Thanks for your great work!

12 hours ago, pap1723 said:

I am writing you to ask if I can redistribute the modifications to the clouds.cfg file and textures you made for your mod? I created a Half Size RSS inspired by your work and I have tweaked the values of the files to work visually with my mod.

Most if not all the cloud textures are being redone, most of them are owned by Pingopete and Nhawks. I know that Berlin is doing some pretty wild things with a new Sve... shhh, dont say i said anything. As for planet textures, most of them i bought with my money, and berlin enhanced them so im not to sure i really want people using the textures included in this pack, sorry. Hopefully berlin will get back to you about the clouds soon! 

Sounds good about the planet textures! I will not use any of those. All of the textures I have used so far are from the RSS mod. I will be modifying the ones I need later. I love the clouds that Berlin came up with so would love if I can use those, but understand if you guys would prefer not.

On 6/27/2016 at 5:42 AM, pap1723 said:

You can use the clouds.  I am currently working on 3 different size solar systems one of which was 1/2 size but if you are making that then I'll cease and focus on the others.  You are making my life easier :)

Progress update:

I'm slowly moving along with the fixes that are obvious to me. As I stated above,  I'm working on multiple sizes to suit everyone's needs so it's taking a little longer than I wanted.   My Internet provider is working on running new fiber cables in my area so I'll be without Internet for about two weeks. But hey no more satellite Internet!!!   WooT! I have been using the Hotspot on my phone but my wife will kill me if I go over on data again for the sake of the mod so just bare with me guys! I promise to have a quality update when it's ready.  For now,  just update your kopernicus and that makes the mod playable as far as I can tell. Have a good one! 

3 hours ago, Berlin said:

My Internet provider is working on running new fiber cables in my area so I'll be without Internet for about two weeks. 

GOOGLE FIBER!

Is anybody else getting on a black screen instead of the main menu after updating kopernicus for 1.1.3?

-I have a new KSP install of 1.1.3

-the new version of SSRSS as my only mod

-new version of kopernicus for 1.1.3

Before updating kopernicus I get the to the main menu without any problems but the rss textures aren't there. After updating kopernicus i get the black screen.

I get the same result if i start with a new install, add kopernicus 1.1.3, still working fine there, but as soon as I add SSRSS i get the black screen.

C4TkCZI.jpg

Edited by Slye37

4 hours ago, Slye37 said:

Is anybody else getting on a black screen instead of the main menu after updating kopernicus for 1.1.3?

-I have a new KSP install of 1.1.3

-the new version of SSRSS as my only mod

-new version of kopernicus for 1.1.3

Before updating kopernicus I get the to the main menu without any problems but the rss textures aren't there. After updating kopernicus i get the black screen.

I get the same result if i start with a new install, add kopernicus 1.1.3, still working fine there, but as soon as I add SSRSS i get the black screen.

I'm no expert but I think you've missed the RSS-Textures folder.

Edited by scdr91

On 6/15/2016 at 11:31 PM, Example said:

changing the scatterer value from 64 to 256 fixed the flickering ocean for me.

On 6/15/2016 at 8:05 PM, Berlin said:

Alt+f10 and check that the oceanmesh or whatever it's called is set to 1 and not 4. Also it should be noted that the "fix"  is not perfect and there will sometimes be flickering :/ I'm still hoping blackrack will be able to tackle that with the upcoming ksp update. Until then just get as far away from kerbin as you can! :D

I think the only thing these two "fixes" do is lower your fps... which helps since the flickering starts to get bad when your fps is higher than 50.

im sure your correct but its still playable for me atleast, dont notice any lag and the flickering i got at 64 was unbearable. Hope you figure out the issue soon though and thanks for your awesome mod. I can check the fps for you if that helps in any way with troubleshooting it.

Very hyped for the next update, but just a question, when I'm in low orbit why do the clouds and the earth seem so low res? I have the max res for RSS-Textures, and also Ultra Res for SVE applied.

8 minutes ago, Table said:

Very hyped for the next update, but just a question, when I'm in low orbit why do the clouds and the earth seem so low res? I have the max res for RSS-Textures, and also Ultra Res for SVE applied.

99% sure berlin has fixed this in the new version of sve @Nhawks17 wait till you see his upcoming work :wink:  

Quick question, is the information about the various planets in the tracking station correct? If that's the case then something isn't right here as my Earth says it has a radius of 6,371 km...? That's not right at all for stock size.. Also along a similar note of the planetary information in the tracking station, it says that Venus only has an atmospheric pressure of 0.06667 atm? Surely that can't be correct? I mean IRL Venus atmospheric pressure is something around 90 atm.

Please let me know if the planetary information in the tracking station is just wrong, or if you believe I've installed something incorrectly, etc. (I haven't actually launched a rocket in this save yet, but I'm sure when I do I'll quickly realize if my Earth is actually 6,371 km in radius.)

EDIT: Also I seem to be getting an issue when zoomed out from the gas giants, where they have a strange grainy flickering in the textures. When I'm zoomed in it looks good, but the further I zoom out the worse it gets. Another thing I'm noticing is that I can see orbit lines through gas giants in the tracking station, is that normal?

EDIT: Upon further inspection the flickering issue only seems to be an issue with Jupiter, as well as the cloudy band around Saturn's northern hemisphere.

0f37e1d4cd0f33d2b7bd41372c9211e3.png

EDIT: Oh also is this blue ring around Titan's atmosphere when zoomed in on it normal?

aa652df9fb1b2bba2de6a2109792971e.png

Edited by CoriW

52 minutes ago, CoriW said:

Quick question, is the information about the various planets in the tracking station correct? If that's the case then something isn't right here as my Earth says it has a radius of 6,371 km...? That's not right at all for stock size.. Also along a similar note of the planetary information in the tracking station, it says that Venus only has an atmospheric pressure of 0.06667 atm? Surely that can't be correct? I mean IRL Venus atmospheric pressure is something around 90 atm.

Please let me know if the planetary information in the tracking station is just wrong, or if you believe I've installed something incorrectly, etc. (I haven't actually launched a rocket in this save yet, but I'm sure when I do I'll quickly realize if my Earth is actually 6,371 km in radius.)

EDIT: Also I seem to be getting an issue when zoomed out from the gas giants, where they have a strange grainy flickering in the textures. When I'm zoomed in it looks good, but the further I zoom out the worse it gets. Another thing I'm noticing is that I can see orbit lines through gas giants in the tracking station, is that normal?

EDIT: Upon further inspection the flickering issue only seems to be an issue with Jupiter, as well as the cloudy band around Saturn's northern hemisphere.

0f37e1d4cd0f33d2b7bd41372c9211e3.png

EDIT: Oh also is this blue ring around Titan's atmosphere when zoomed in on it normal?

aa652df9fb1b2bba2de6a2109792971e.png

The flickering is normal if you see the planets from the map view or tracking station due to the floating point inaccuracy. 

About the gas giants, did you flew a ship near Jupiter?

47 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

The flickering is normal if you see the planets from the map view or tracking station due to the floating point inaccuracy. 

About the gas giants, did you flew a ship near Jupiter?

Nope I hadn't gotten to that yet, I had just loaded up my first save with it and wanted to check out all the planets in the tracking station. Also I've just launched my first (what was supposed to be orbital rocket) only to discover that the info in the tracking station for the planets wasn't wrong as I thought it was... I'm definitely experiencing a full size Earth. I'm not sure if I've simply installed it wrong or what's going on... Any idea what I may have done to cause that, or alternatively how to fix it?

EDIT: Oh I'm stupid.. Apparently I missed the Sigma Dimensions step. *sigh*

(Note the trajectory compared to the orbital speed)

a54962fcafaac579786fc2ceb8fc0b2c.png

Edited by CoriW

27 minutes ago, CoriW said:

Nope I hadn't gotten to that yet, I had just loaded up my first save with it and wanted to check out all the planets in the tracking station. Also I've just launched my first (what was supposed to be orbital rocket) only to discover that the info in the tracking station for the planets wasn't wrong as I thought it was... I'm definitely experiencing a full size Earth. I'm not sure if I've simply installed it wrong or what's going on... Any idea what I may have done to cause that, or alternatively how to fix it?

EDIT: Oh I'm stupid.. Apparently I missed the Sigma Dimensions step. *sigh*

(Note the trajectory compared to the orbital speed)

a54962fcafaac579786fc2ceb8fc0b2c.png

Sigma  Dimension is a dependency. Without it, full size RSS, as you saw.

Hello,

First, let me thank you for making this mod. It's awesome! I read through the thread and saw that Earth's atmosphere is 70km to be the same as Kerbin, but mine shows 61km. Also, does this mod change how rockets/planes fly? I ask because my craft files are flying differently than normal.

9 hours ago, noob said:

Hello,

First, let me thank you for making this mod. It's awesome! I read through the thread and saw that Earth's atmosphere is 70km to be the same as Kerbin, but mine shows 61km. Also, does this mod change how rockets/planes fly? I ask because my craft files are flying differently than normal.

I've noticed the 61km atmosphere in my game as well.. I've also noticed that both Mars and Venus atmospheric pressure appears to be 0.6667 atm ASL (At least that's what it says in the tracking station) when in reality Mars should be more like 0.006 atm and Venus should be more like 90 atm... Titan also seems to have an atm ASL of 0.6 when it should be more like 1.45 atm. With that all being said I've also noticed that all of the Gas Giants seem to have 15 atm ASL.. Which is interesting. So all in all I'm planning on doing some custom configs for this that rescale the planets and their attributes on a per planet / moon basis in order to get as realistic numbers as possible. I'll post the config here when I've finished it.