[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

i have been wanting this for so long, i like RSS but didnt want to deal with rescaling every part to make it usefull... i want to thank you so much, this is probably at the top of my list for mods i have wanted to see made

WOW just WOW!

I only played KSP for 15-20 hours and being amateur astronomer myself my first thought was - I want to explore a real solar system! (although I only [barely] managed to orbit Kerbin today and that's after a few hours of major fails)

This mod is like a new game, complete overhaul, can't describe my apprecieation enough! And all required/additional mods work as well :)

I wanted to donate but donate button shows as image file and donate text below is also uncklickable... download button works tho (downloading 1.1.7 now!) it might be my browser, but could you check the link please.

Very well done, you should be proud of this accomplishement !

My first question would be: what is this for (copied from your setup instructions):  "There's some additional texture stuff you can copy from the SSRSS folder you downloaded if you would like."

I can see these textures in a folder but having an old unstable computer I haven't played with them. Are they higher/lower res of existing textures or alternative textures (lets call them different skins) for existing planets?

Well done and thank you!

Whenever i load up a game with this installed it always gets stuck on a black screen right when it finishes loading. It has the "modulemanager" text in white at the bottom and the little loading circle spins at 60FPS but it is all black other than that. I have tried this on 2 separate computers and gotten he same result. They were both fresh installs with no other mods. I really wanna try this out man.

@Nansuchao

Thank you for the very kind words. That meant very much to me.  Thank you. 

11 minutes ago, Gman_builder said:

Whenever i load up a game with this installed it always gets stuck on a black screen right when it finishes loading. It has the "modulemanager" text in white at the bottom and the little loading circle spins at 60FPS but it is all black other than that. I have tried this on 2 separate computers and gotten he same result. They were both fresh installs with no other mods. I really wanna try this out man.

You didn't download rss textures 

Edited by Berlin

8 minutes ago, Gman_builder said:

I'm not an expert but I had the same problem and managed to fix it. I fixed it by using lower res textures (during installation you pick 2 folders which give you options - lower and higher res) - pick lower res. Once it loads successfully start increasing the quality by replacing previous low res folders with higher res and see when it starts crashing :)

I also made a shortcut to ksp executable file and it looks like this: target: "C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe" -force-opengl

Hope it helps!

I promise it's my last post today! :) I wanted to report possible bugs? I have screenshots but don't know how to place them in this forum (might need to host them when I get the time).

1. On launch, main menu screen earth is only generated halfway up. The bottom half is just blue (not a major issue as earth generates OK in the game)

2. Saturn has quite visible black/transparent outline, obscuring rings (not a major issue but it was present in 1.1.6 as well)

3. How do I get rid of city textures? And maybe city lights? (don't like it as it's very flat and my computer won't take high resolution so it looks bad)

Sorry to bother you!

10 minutes ago, Gman_builder said:

Yes siree i most definitely did. I downloaded all 3 just to make sure.

Then reinstall them because missing those textures is what causes the infinite load screen 

11 minutes ago, DoT said:

I promise it's my last post today! :) I wanted to report possible bugs? I have screenshots but don't know how to place them in this forum (might need to host them when I get the time).

1. On launch, main menu screen earth is only generated halfway up. The bottom half is just blue (not a major issue as earth generates OK in the game)

2. Saturn has quite visible black/transparent outline, obscuring rings (not a major issue but it was present in 1.1.6 as well)

3. How do I get rid of city textures? And maybe city lights? (don't like it as it's very flat and my computer won't take high resolution so it looks bad)

Sorry to bother you!

It all good.  The half globe thing is just a bug no fixing it.  

The Saturn thing I'll look into once I get some pics from you..  Use imgur.com it's easy.

To disable city lights you can delete the plugin for it as well as everything related to city lights. 

15 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Then reinstall them because missing those textures is what causes the infinite load screen 

It all good.  The half globe thing is just a bug no fixing it.  

The Saturn thing I'll look into once I get some pics from you..  Use imgur.com it's easy.

To disable city lights you can delete the plugin for it as well as everything related to city lights. 

It was easy!

http://imgur.com/YgFbANK

I'll play with city lights folders tomorrow!

Downloading new update now! (bit slow on keeping up with updates :D) Oh yeah, thank's for putting it on spacedock! It's very helpful for keeping up with updates :D

Oh and a question, do we download the new SVE or use the one in the download provided?

Edited by Duski

8 minutes ago, Duski said:

Downloading new update now! (bit slow on keeping up with updates :D) Oh yeah, thank's for putting it on spacedock! It's very helpful for keeping up with updates :D

Oh and a question, do we download the new SVE or use the one in the download provided?

Use the one provided.  SSRSS at this point doesn't really use SVE anymore. I mean, it does,  but the cfgs and textures are so different now,  that it basically is its own visual enhancement mod using the same skeleton. SVE will just act as a feeder now, pushing new ideas and textures to SSRSS, hopefully making development that much easier. 

Edited by Berlin

Forgot to say yesterday but trying to get the Mars atmosphere like the video didn't work. I tried setting drawskyoverclouds to true but didn't work. Ah well, I got the blue icy outline :D

I use CKAN for my mods, because I couldn't keep them straight without it. Having said that, if there are no plans to make this available through CKAN, I may need to request a "for boneheads" description of how to install it manually. If there are plans, never mind, but if there aren't someone give me a head's up, and I'll start trying to figure out how to install it without wrapping everything else around the axles.

1 minute ago, SSgt Baloo said:

I use CKAN for my mods, because I couldn't keep them straight without it. Having said that, if there are no plans to make this available through CKAN, I may need to request a "for boneheads" description of how to install it manually. If there are plans, never mind, but if there aren't someone give me a head's up, and I'll start trying to figure out how to install it without wrapping everything else around the axles.

There aren't any plans,  unfortunately.  The mod is far too complicated for ckan.  The second post on this thread is about as bone head as it can get I think.  Give it a look.  Believe me,  once you learn to get this mod installed,  you will know how to install anything manually

22 hours ago, sDaZe said:

So, part of the reason i had to leave was because of my computer, its just old and slow and would randomly shut off in the middle of working on the mod, which gets really, really frustrating. I feel bad for asking for anything but being a full time student and rent and other daily life things lol I cant afford to buy a new computer. So if you have any spare change or whatever amount that i could use to get a new computer, it would greatly help. Thanks. 

https://www.paypal.me/sDaZe

MOD IS NOW UPDATED TO 1.1.3 IT INCLUDES SOME CHANGES! SHOULD BE ANOTHER VISUAL UPDATE COMING SOON! 

Thanks so much for this mod guys!!! I sent you a donation as a small token of my thanks!!!

Some weirdness, I finally got this pack/mod to work and it is absolutely beautiful! But one thing, all my stuff that was previously on Duna is now on Titan. I have no idea why but it is definitely weird. Just thought you guys might want to know that. 

1 hour ago, Gman_builder said:

Some weirdness, I finally got this pack/mod to work and it is absolutely beautiful! But one thing, all my stuff that was previously on Duna is now on Titan. I have no idea why but it is definitely weird. Just thought you guys might want to know that. 

Yeah, that's why it's a bad idea to install this on an existing save.. (Or any mod that changes the stock system planets, for that matter.) If I had to guess why it's all on Titan my guess would be that Titan has the same planet ID as Duna does. (But don't quote me on that, it's just my speculation)

9 minutes ago, CoriW said:

Yeah, that's why it's a bad idea to install this on an existing save.. (Or any mod that changes the stock system planets, for that matter.) If I had to guess why it's all on Titan my guess would be that Titan has the same planet ID as Duna does. (But don't quote me on that, it's just my speculation)

You would be correct.  When I'm switch back and forth from SVE to ssrss all my Duna stuff winds up on Titan.  Per has @sDaZe can put in the OP to not load a saved game to avoid these issues

Also I just had a quick question regarding installation of the mod. I've already installed it and everything appears to be working fine but I just wanted to make sure of a few things.

Prior to getting this mod I already had Distant Object Enhancement, Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator, Scatterer, and Module Manager installed. So when I installed this I just took a quick look through the GameData folders, noting any differences between my files and the SSRSS files. Based on the differences that I noticed, I only copied over certain folders / files from SSRSS.zip and just wanted to make sure that I didn't miss anything super important.

• Did not copy anything from "DistantObject" folder.
  • Did not copy anything from "Kopernicus" folder.
  • Did not copy anything from "ModularFlightIntegrator" folder.
  • Copied the "RSS-Textures" folder.
  • Only copied the "config" folder from inside of the "scatterer" folder.
  • Copied the "SSRSS" folder.
  • Did not copy "ModuleManager.2.6.25.dll" file.
  • Copied "Settings.cfg" file.

Should that be fine? As far as I can tell the stuff I didn't copy is stuff that comes with the respective mods by default and I didn't notice any special configs for them in the SSRSS.zip file.

3 minutes ago, CoriW said:

Also I just had a quick question regarding installation of the mod. I've already installed it and everything appears to be working fine but I just wanted to make sure of a few things.

Prior to getting this mod I already had Distant Object Enhancement, Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator, Scatterer, and Module Manager installed. So when I installed this I just took a quick look through the GameData folders, noting any differences between my files and the SSRSS files. Based on the differences that I noticed, I only copied over certain folders / files from SSRSS.zip and just wanted to make sure that I didn't miss anything super important.

• Did not copy anything from "DistantObject" folder.
  • Did not copy anything from "Kopernicus" folder.
  • Did not copy anything from "ModularFlightIntegrator" folder.
  • Copied the "RSS-Textures" folder.
  • Only copied the "config" folder from inside of the "scatterer" folder.
  • Copied the "SSRSS" folder.
  • Did not copy "ModuleManager.2.6.25.dll" file.
  • Copied "Settings.cfg" file.

Should that be fine? As far as I can tell the stuff I didn't copy is stuff that comes with the respective mods by default and I didn't notice any special configs for them in the SSRSS.zip file.

That looks fine.  The only question I have is are you using distant object rss settings? 

2 minutes ago, Berlin said:

That looks fine.  The only question I have is are you using distant object rss settings? 

Ah good catch, I hadn't copied over the "PlanetColors.cfg" file from the "DistantObject" folder. Thanks! :)

5 hours ago, -glenn7252 said:

i have been wanting this for so long, i like RSS but didnt want to deal with rescaling every part to make it usefull... i want to thank you so much, this is probably at the top of my list for mods i have wanted to see made

No problem, enjoy! 

4 hours ago, DoT said:

WOW just WOW!

I only played KSP for 15-20 hours and being amateur astronomer myself my first thought was - I want to explore a real solar system! (although I only [barely] managed to orbit Kerbin today and that's after a few hours of major fails)

This mod is like a new game, complete overhaul, can't describe my apprecieation enough! And all required/additional mods work as well :)

I wanted to donate but donate button shows as image file and donate text below is also uncklickable... download button works tho (downloading 1.1.7 now!) it might be my browser, but could you check the link please.

Very well done, you should be proud of this accomplishement !

My first question would be: what is this for (copied from your setup instructions):  "There's some additional texture stuff you can copy from the SSRSS folder you downloaded if you would like."

I can see these textures in a folder but having an old unstable computer I haven't played with them. Are they higher/lower res of existing textures or alternative textures (lets call them different skins) for existing planets?

Well done and thank you!

There are optional rss textures included in the download, they shouldnt effect performance and i highly, highly reccomend them! Sorry about the donate button, i fixed it https://www.paypal.me/sDaZe Thanks for anything you give! 

2 hours ago, Duckyb4 said:

Thanks so much for this mod guys!!! I sent you a donation as a small token of my thanks!!!

Thank you so, so, so much <3  

2 hours ago, Gman_builder said:

:confused: lolol im not sure XD 

5 hours ago, ZHum said:

@sDaZe This is a great mod! You and those who contributed did an amazing job! I tried to install this a while ago and for some reason couldn't get it up and running, but I decided to give it another try today and had absolutely no problems. I haven't spent really any time playing it yet, just been trying to make sure SSRSS is running smooth with the other mods I plan on running. Since it takes a while to load the game, test a mod, close the game, install a mod, load, etc. I was hoping I could ask a few questions (relating to mod and just general questions) about that maybe you or someone else would have the answers to:

• Are Earth's dimensions and altitude of the atmosphere the same as stock Kerbin's?
  • Have you heard or know about any problems with SSRSS and FAR/DeadlyReentry or any other mods?
  • Should I run the clock in the stock 6 hour day or a 24 hour day?
  • Can SSRSS be run with mods that add new star(s) and planets? If so, would you have any suggestions?
  • Are there any mods you personally recommend?

If any of these questions have been answered earlier in the posts, there's no need to answer them. I'm must a little drugged up because of a back issue at the moment and my visions a little blurry. I did see that you're trying to get a new computer and I would help you, but I'm in the same boat as you with school. The KSP community is far too reliant on our modders (I don't think I've played without mods since I downloaded the demo) for us to not help y'all out and keep y'all happy! I will try to help out as soon as I can

Everything should be equal to stock. For other stars, im pretty sure this would work

I like part mods like KW Rocketry, AIES and procedural parts and stuff

Dont feel like you need to donate, you playing the mod and enjoying it is enough <3